Pick a Brick is actually a good deal!

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
moonagedaydream
I'm New !

Re: Pick a Brick is actually a good deal!

Post by moonagedaydream » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:12 pm

i'm taking my first trip to the Lego store in Austin. I am super stoked for the PAB wall. All these pictures are making me so anxious! I really hope I can score some pink bricks...

themarshall
Peasant
Peasant

Post by themarshall » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:59 am

I wish you all the best, the Austin store has an especially friendly staff and is almost always busy. You can look (stand at the PAB wall and look back at the registers) at the shelf below the cash registers (no, this isn't creepy it's just where they store stuff) to see some elements of PAB that they don't put on the wall. Usually they have a few elements there. You can also ask them if there's something you're looking for, they've even gone in the back and pulled stuff from storage.

Having said that, I've never seen pink, purple or any of the new Friends colors and last time I talked to the store manager (and my daughter asked) he said it'd be fall at the earliest in his estimation.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:32 pm

My latest PAB cup from the Lynnwood, WA LEGO store. Click on the image to see the quantities of the parts. I got lazy and didn't want to count the couple hundred 1x1 round studs that were used as fillers.

PAB Cup #2 by LegoBrandon, on Flickr

beartrapper25
Knight
Knight

Post by beartrapper25 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:35 am

I was at the Tyson's Corner store yesterday for my first PAB. About midway through filling up my cup another guy showed up with his own cups (about 6). He said he was from out of town and when in the area on business filled up his cups. He was only after 2x4's in various colors for large scale modeling.

After an employee stopped by and he told what he was there for the employee mentioned that a case of bricks is available for purchase for $70, and it has 700 bricks in it. The cases I guess are what they use to fill the different PAB cubbies. The other guy seemed pretty pleased with that vs. having to stuff all the cups.

I'll post my PAB once I get it sorted tonight, but based on everything I've read here I feel like I did pretty well.

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:56 am

We stopped by the LEGO store this past Sunday. One of the store employees, who is extremely nice and knows that we are always on the lookout for pink and purple bricks, brought out the leftover bricks bin from the Friends Club meeting and let us fill PAB cups from it. So now we have a nice selection of light and dark pink, turquoise and purple bricks in various sizes. They have been in constant use since then - I couldn't be happier!

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:32 am

Latest cup: 933 pieces

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:44 pm

I'm finding that I need to stop grabbing handfuls of the small 1x1 pieces (slopes, round plates, plates, tiles) that they have on the wall... they really haven't changed which pieces they have, and I have so many of these pieces that they are overflowing my organization system.

If they'd only add some red transparent cheese slopes, white 1x1 round plates... and a few other pieces I need but have never seen, I'd be a happy camper. I've got enough orange transparent cheese, clear transparent cheese, red transparent round plates, and orange round plates to last me a lifetime.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:24 pm

meyerc13 wrote:I'm finding that I need to stop grabbing handfuls of the small 1x1 pieces (slopes, round plates, plates, tiles) that they have on the wall... they really haven't changed which pieces they have, and I have so many of these pieces that they are overflowing my organization system.

If they'd only add some red transparent cheese slopes, white 1x1 round plates... and a few other pieces I need but have never seen, I'd be a happy camper. I've got enough orange transparent cheese, clear transparent cheese, red transparent round plates, and orange round plates to last me a lifetime.
lol You and me both. I only ever grab handfuls of that stuff when I'm just trying to fill all the negative space in the cup after I've stuffed in all the pieces I do want. I'm also now at the point where I've got tons of it all! It'd be nice to see the same pieces in various colors though.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:14 pm

Horse PaB Cup by unclephn, on Flickr

Here's my most recent PaB cup, which I filled about a month ago. I didn't have the time to pack the cup as dense as I normally do, but the main goal here was to get the horses! I actually had two more horses than what's shown, but my niece managed to coerce me into giving her a couple lol. Oh, and this was the first time I had seen those larger tires too. Couldn't resist grabbing those!

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:49 pm

unclephn wrote:
Here's my most recent PaB cup, which I filled about a month ago. I didn't have the time to pack the cup as dense as I normally do, but the main goal here was to get the horses! I actually had two more horses than what's shown, but my niece managed to coerce me into giving her a couple lol. Oh, and this was the first time I had seen those larger tires too. Couldn't resist grabbing those!
What do you plan to do with all those horses?

lordharrier
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by lordharrier » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:25 am

dr_spock wrote:
unclephn wrote:
What do you plan to do with all those horses?
I got horses this weekend as well!

My Dark Age was 41 years.. weep for me.

My Flickr: There isn't much but I have a lot of favorites!

beartrapper25
Knight
Knight

Post by beartrapper25 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:14 am

hopefully either the Tyson's Corner or the store in MD will have horses neext time I visit.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:46 pm

Looks like they're getting rid of old stock horses since they have the new hinge mold ones.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

eisenmatt
Citizen
Citizen

Post by eisenmatt » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:59 am

Does the pick-a-brick on S@H change regularly? Anyone ever see any rare pieces go on there? Just wondering if it's worth checking regularly.

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:43 am

Things do change, at least at my store. Some days it seems as though they have a wall of very unique things, the next, very utilitarian. BrickBildr dot com has a posting screen for the wall. I recommend if you go to write down the things that change. Then we can all see what changes.

david

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:47 am

eisenmatt wrote:Does the pick-a-brick on S@H change regularly? Anyone ever see any rare pieces go on there? Just wondering if it's worth checking regularly.
It changes, but I wouldn't say regularly. In the past, changes were often tied to updates to LEGO Digital Designer. I don't know if that is still the case, but if you check once a quarter or so you'll see new parts. I don't think I'd check more often than that. As for rare parts, you'll find some interesting parts, but not a lot. Things like wheelbarrows have been up there in the past.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:43 am

Spent over an hour packing this small cup at the Vancouver LEGO store. Now I have a whole bunch of pink 1x4's! :tongue:

(Click on image to see the quantity of parts.)

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:05 pm

Very nice parts
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

cupishalfempty
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by cupishalfempty » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:38 am

I haven't seen those windows before at PAB. They look very nice. Filling the cup is half the fun!

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:19 pm

Only 501 pieces this time around.