[US/CA] LEGO Horizon Express & Batman Arkham Asylum Breakout Now Available

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[US/CA] LEGO Horizon Express & Batman Arkham Asylum Breakout Now Available

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:17 pm

The two new LEGO exclusives are now available for sale at LEGO Shop at Home North America (USA | Canada). For folks living in Europe, the Horizon Express will be available beginning January 1st, 2013.

LEGO 10233 Horizon Express

1351 pieces, 6 minifigures
Buy Now: $129.99 USA | $169.99 Canada

LEGO Batman Arkham Asylum Breakout

1619 pieces, 8 minifigures
Buy Now: $159.99 USA | $209.99 Canada

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/usca-lego-horizo ... available/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

josephliyen
Citizen
Citizen

Re: [US/CA] LEGO Horizon Express & Batman Arkham Asylum Brea

Post by josephliyen » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:26 pm

Love the HSR Train set, having track design as my career, this is definitely a must get. I am just always find the Canadian prices hard to swallow. I need someone to help me bring these sets up to the north!

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:54 pm

BAAB is actually $209.99 in Canada..... You had me hoping there for a minute...
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:39 pm

Was looking forward to Horizon Express. That Canadian price disparity is more than I'm willing to fork over, though.

makimo
I'm New !

Post by makimo » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:18 am

It's well known that the rest of the world's Lego prices is much higher because we are subsidizing it for the Americans. Even the official statement from TLG states that. You think that the prices Canadians is coughing up for, is high? Try Malaysia where it's 50% higher than Canadians and we're 1 generation behind...

MoneyHypeMike
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by MoneyHypeMike » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:18 am

Would of instabuy at American price. Guess I'll have to wait.

Congruence
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Congruence » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:48 am

Heading to Florida in March, HE is on the list of things that we're picking up @ US prices while we're down there.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:02 am

I really, really, really don't understand the Canadian and US MSRP - they all ship from the same place in the US when ordering at S@H... I assume it's the same when retailers order - same distribution centre for Canada and US... for a time the US and Canadian MSRP were very close (i.e. the VW Bus) but now it's getting bigger again. I think it's fair to call this gouging.
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:34 am

If only the Horizon Express or arkham asylum was out for Boxing Day...a woulda used the scratch card for it.
Last edited by Toronadian on Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

h-7
Citizen
Citizen

Post by h-7 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:49 am

I just want free shipping. I need to order 2 Arkham's (me and a friend) and Lego wants 17.34 shipping. I just shipped a 15lb box to South Dakota for 15.00 fedex why would 2 lego sets that should weigh less then 15lbs cost more?

Also S@H has the Marvel Super Hero Sets (Daily Bugle, Spider-man spider-cycle chase) and he DC Artic Attack Batman sets available.

It also appears as series 9 CMF is available too.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:57 am

^The answer is gouging probably - they can charge whatever they want as people don't hesitate to pay it.
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

CharliesDad
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by CharliesDad » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:32 am

I plan on getting both sets, but I'm going to hold off until there's free shipping or some sort of discount. The downside to the train is that, like the retired Maersk and Emerald Night sets, the Power Functions power source and motor are not included. I imagine that the set is designed to easily accomodate them though.

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:39 am

Does Canada charge an import duty fee for toys? The US does not, thus toy prices will always be cheaper here than Europe (which does charge a duty, varying per country).

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:01 am

^ Good point and well worth investigating. I just checked the customs tariff guide issued by the Canadian Government (Canadian Border Services Agency) - for tarriff items classified as 'other toys' (#9503.00.90 - which would include LEGO toys), there is no tarriff or import duty fee into Canada. The only obligation are the Value Added Taxes that are governed by the provinces/territories as well as a Goods and Services Tax by the Federal Government. Much like in the US - where you have state sales taxes. This is always charged to the Consumer - a percentage to the total sale price. The RRP or MSRP does not include this tax.

All in all, it's puzzling me. I don't understand it - specficially in times when the US Dollar is lower compared to the Canadian Dollar. The only argument that would count in my books is the higher shipping costs to Canada - but even that is a flawed argument as shipping a package from CT to Ontario is likely cheaper than shipping a package from CT to California... sales tax still has to be submitted to government departments as well.

I just would like to give them the benefit of the doubt but it doesn't make much sense to me to justify a more than 30% price difference on the Horizon Express and the Asylum.

AussieLEGOLover
Peasant
Peasant

Post by AussieLEGOLover » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:05 am

LEGO prices in Australia are double what the US price is...I'd love to only have to pay Canadian prices!!

gorenoirmag
Citizen
Citizen

Post by gorenoirmag » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:08 pm

Hey Canadians just be happy with your healthcare and pay the extra lol

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:19 pm

No, no, no. $50 difference between U.S and CND for BAAB is too much. 1 set is $50, 2 sets will be $100. No way I would get this from LS@H.
gorenoirmag wrote:Hey Canadians just be happy with your healthcare and pay the extra lol
Americans just be happy with our visits and enjoy our money spending on your land.
Last edited by legohunter on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tsetsetse89
Citizen
Citizen

Post by tsetsetse89 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:31 am

Edmond Dantes wrote:Does Canada charge an import duty fee for toys? The US does not, thus toy prices will always be cheaper here than Europe (which does charge a duty, varying per country).
I've been buying almost all my Lego from the US, and I've never seemed to have any problems with any taxes on Lego either. A few months ago I crossed the border just to pick up the Death Star wand Imperial Shuttle, which would normally be over $700 value at regular retail price in CAD. The moment I mentioned the items were Lego the border guard just told me to go.

Edit: Saw the BAAB at Lego Store in Vancouver today. Gotta say the set looks great but not $209.99 great... definitely waiting for this one to go on sale in the states too.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:28 am

I am happy to pay taxes - just not the horrendous markup that LEGO pockets just because they can do it. Thank goodness for plenty of relatives in the US - with the new tax/duty exemption it's all good!

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:16 pm

LEGO seems to have revised the price on the Horizon Express in Canada, as it's now retailing for $149.99 CAD. At that price I'm not hesitating to pick one up next time free shipping is offered (or I hit Calgary, whichever comes first).