Lego CMF S9

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
zjygkmatt
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Lego CMF S9

Post by zjygkmatt » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:30 pm

Toronadian wrote:
Toronadian wrote:
dr_spock wrote:Saw 3 boxes at Fairview Lego Store and a group of people standing around groping each packet.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the craze has already started. Must get there before all the good ones are taken. I only want a set of them, that's it. Please don't take them all.

Hope I get there before the hoarders or army builders take all of one particular figure.
Went today to the Fairview Mall store early, and got the full set. That took me a while...the knight I screwed up on twice. I mixed the knight up with the alien guy and something else. The knight's helmet is actually a regular "space" helmet, with a rather special "visor" piece. Before I got it, I thought the helmet was all one piece.

It took me 18 packs for me to get the full set of 16, ended up with two doubles. The employees weren't really able to help me as they said they just got them yesterday, and they had not felt the minifigures yet themselves. One guy did help me identify the knight's shield to finally help me get the last one though.
http://www.hothbricks.com/2012/12/colle ... s-en-vrac/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Translate the site (top left), and read the first paragraph.

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:36 pm

They had a few boxes at the Glendale Galleria store. I spent some time there and got me a set and some extras for coworkers and friends.

This set was probably the hardest one for me to feel through. The three ladies w/ the dress piece added some extra time on the search.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:53 pm

zjygkmatt wrote:http://www.hothbricks.com/2012/12/colle ... s-en-vrac/

Translate the site (top left), and read the first paragraph.
Oh, I heard about that, them selling a smaller box of them with this series. I'm just wondering how much it is for that new smaller box of $30 in comparison to buying just one full set of them. I don't want any extras(with a box of 30, there's still gonna be 14 extra), just one of each. Here in Canada, they're individually $3.50 per a minifigure but I'd imagine for a box of 30, the cost per unit price would be less.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:57 pm

I hope this series comes up on Amazon.fr like series 7 did. I'm tired of going through picked-over bags of CMFs and I'd rather just buy a box.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:46 pm

Braintree, MA had them, but I really didn't have time to try and figure out which was which so I just grabbed a couple. The mall was nuts today, I'll have to wait until after Christmas to feel out a whole set.

cornbread
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by cornbread » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:39 pm

Oakridge in Vancouver got them in this morning. Got my full set :D

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:54 pm

Toronadian wrote:
Toronadian wrote:
dr_spock wrote:Saw 3 boxes at Fairview Lego Store and a group of people standing around groping each packet.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the craze has already started. Must get there before all the good ones are taken. I only want a set of them, that's it. Please don't take them all.

Hope I get there before the hoarders or army builders take all of one particular figure.
Went today to the Fairview Mall store early, and got the full set. That took me a while...the knight I screwed up on twice. I mixed the knight up with the alien guy and something else. The knight's helmet is actually a regular "space" helmet, with a rather special "visor" piece. Before I got it, I thought the helmet was all one piece.

It took me 18 packs for me to get the full set of 16, ended up with two doubles. The employees weren't really able to help me as they said they just got them yesterday, and they had not felt the minifigures yet themselves. One guy did help me identify the knight's shield to finally help me get the last one though.
Early is the way to do it. Fairview Mall and the store was a zoo when I was there the other day. I didn't even try to grab a few random S9. I'll wait until the new year.

creativerain
Citizen
Citizen

Post by creativerain » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:34 am

cornbread wrote:Oakridge in Vancouver got them in this morning. Got my full set :D
Thank you good sir, I know where im going tomorrow!

scandell
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by scandell » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:22 am

I bought about 18 packs...from Glendale galleria. I didn't have time to feel them up.. I grabbed them and had to go. All I wanted was the forest woman with dress and shield. No dice. :(

Ill have to get the rest after I go to Utah for the holidays.

Captain Lantern
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Captain Lantern » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:16 pm

Lego Store in Schaumburg, IL had them last night. I grabbed 16 randomly and ended up with 8 unique. No Chicken Suit Guy though. :(

Really enjoy the cop more than I thought I would, could definitely see a whole police station staffed with these guys.

The Knight is very cool, I like the design on the shield.

Can't wait to find the rest...

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:59 pm

Have these been spotted at Fred Meyer stores yet?

Thundarr
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Thundarr » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:00 pm

^Not yet from what I've seen.

darbee
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by darbee » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:47 pm

I haven't seen any at fred meyer as well, the ones I went to were just finishing the series 8

starfire2
Knight
Knight

Post by starfire2 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:35 pm

The Lego store in Phoenix said they sold out within hours of getting them on Wednesday.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:57 am

darbee wrote:I haven't seen any at fred meyer as well, the ones I went to were just finishing the series 8
Aw... I'm heading down to Seattle next week. I hope they get them in by then.

Bubu
I'm New !

Post by Bubu » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:08 pm

Went to Lego store in NY, next to Xmas tree, with my kid.
Spoke to reps and they said, they'll get series 9 only in January '13.
Poor kiddo :O( She was dreaming to get new minifigs on xmas :O(

Well...
Will try NJ mall next week. Or wait till Walmart/Target etc will get it.

Eek
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Eek » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:12 am

For those who got a Forest Maiden bag and opened it, I have a question about the printing. I feel like there's a big gap in her sash. I thought that the torso and dress pieces usually match up better than they do for my Forest Maiden. Is mine abnormal or all the Forest Maidens like this?

Below is a picture with my Forest Maiden fig. (I removed the hair because it covers the torso printing.) On the left is a figure from my Medieval Market Village set.

Last edited by Eek on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:06 am

Eek wrote:For those who got a Forrest Maiden bag and opened it, I have a question about the printing. I feel like there's a big gap in her sash. I thought that the torso and dress pieces usually match up better than they do for my Forrest Maiden. Is mine abnormal or all the Forrest Maidens like this?

Below is a picture with my Forrest Maiden fig. (I removed the hair because it covers the torso printing.) On the left is a figure from my Medieval Market Village set.

Mine is like that too, maybe we can send Lego quality control an email about this?

JeagerEX
Citizen
Citizen

Post by JeagerEX » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:14 pm

My local Kmart is now carrying Series 9 minifigures right now, but its out of stock for a moment. Maybe they will have it tomorrow, but I'll go there on Saturday.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:45 am

Bubu wrote:Went to Lego store in NY, next to Xmas tree, with my kid.
Spoke to reps and they said, they'll get series 9 only in January '13.
Poor kiddo :O( She was dreaming to get new minifigs on xmas :O(

Well...
Will try NJ mall next week. Or wait till Walmart/Target etc will get it.
The lego store in Paramus has them.