eBates feedback from Lego buyers

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

eBates feedback from Lego buyers

Post by sadowsk1 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:02 pm

Hello all,

I was considering trying out ebates because I have heard people mention using it but aside from this forum I haven't had a lot of feedback. Any long time users of ebates have any feedback or reviews to share?

Morgan19
Knight
Knight

Re: eBates feedback from Lego buyers

Post by Morgan19 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:13 pm

I can't speak for it in terms of LEGO specifically, but my wife uses it for just about every online purchase she makes (that participates) and has never complained: she logs in, buys whatever it is she's looking for, and the rebate check shows up (monthy, maybe?), no hassles.

m19

popnfresh
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by popnfresh » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:42 pm

no problems, click through, buy something, wait for you to accumulate enough cash back for the quarter, they send you the money through the method of your choice

couldnt be more hassle free

lucky19
I'm New !

Post by lucky19 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:02 pm

I prefer ebates over fatwallet. Cus if you use coupons fatwallet will not honer the purchase sometimes. Never had a prob using ebates with coupons I always get cash back. But sometime one or the other has more cash back from the same website.

lemus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by lemus » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:33 pm

Hi sadowsk1,

Ebates is awesome! :up:
I have refrained from talking about ebates on this site because it hurts TNB if all the users start using ebates for S@H, TRUS, KMART etc. Instead of going through the links provided by the site. It is one or the other as far as I know. Sometimes it is not clear to me which sites support TNB and which don't so if the moderators read this maybe they can explain to us. For example do YOYO, overstock, etc... give back to TNB?

I asked for referrals for ebates here once and I have not brought it up since, for the above reasons. I hope that this discussion does not cause too much trouble.

Personally I try to not forget and always use TNB's links to AMAZON to support the site, ebates almost never gives you cash back on amazon toys (they rotate categories, long story...). But I do use ebates for S@H (moderatos don't hate me for being so cheap... :cry:)

Now that I made clear that for all members so that they can make their own mind. Let me continue answering your actual question.

I think ebates is great because they really do give you ALL your money, and as morgan says, you can use it in tons of stores of all sorts of things you can imagine and there is no hassle you just log in to ebates type your favorite store in the search function one click and it will redirect you and you are done!

The only con is that cashback is not automatic and NO it is Not monthly! They collect all your money and send you one check(or direct paypal deposit) very 3 months. But honestly it is better that way because when you get it it feels like a big fat check and not just a weak check. And of course all depends on your spending...
Also sometimes when you accumulate a substantial amount of money they email you before it is time for your check and say that you can get it faster in the form of an amazon electronic gift card and sometimes they even add more value if you opt for this choice. This happened only once to me and I clicked yes and used that to buy more LEGO on amazon :lol:

OK I already wrote too much about this but if there are more questions, I will be happy to provide more info.

zak001
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zak001 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:20 am

eBates gets a big thumbs-up from me. Easy to use, a good source for coupon codes, never had a problem with them sending a check out.

Little3piggies
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Little3piggies » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:24 am

I love ebates! I've gotten around $125 cashback in the past 2 years. And i don't even do a ton of online shopping either. It adds up! Very easy.

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:39 am

I use mrrebates - it's almost exactly the same as ebates.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:19 pm

Another thumbs up for ebates. It just works. You go through their link to buy your stuff and you accumulate a bit of money. They send out a paper check once or twice a year. No fuss or fight.

Honestly though, more than half the time I forget to log in through them to buy my stuff. :/

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:02 am

LOL I'm the same way Zeya... It's funny cuz I seem to remember on the orders of $100 or less, but for the whoppers.... I blank out.

I use mrrebates and ebates... I check which is offering a higher % (sometimes one doesn't even offer a %). No fuss with either. Sometimes it seems they don't register, but I just put stuff in my cart, then go to the site to try to avoid it screwing u p.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.