[US/CA] More LEGO Retiring Soon Products Listed

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[US/CA] More LEGO Retiring Soon Products Listed

Post by Toys N Bricks » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:17 pm

LEGO Shop at Home North America (USA | Canada) has listed a few more items that will be retiring soon including the two limited edition Star Wars sets - 7877 Naboo Starfighter and 7869 Battle for Geonosis. Into exclusives? 10212 Imperial Shuttle and 10217 Diagon Alley has been added to the list as well! I'm also a bit surprised that they're already retiring Friends 3937 Olivia's Speedboad as that was just released this summer (seems like its not too popular).

Remember that until December 17, LEGOShop will be offering Free Shipping on orders above $99.

LEGOShop Retiring Soon Sets Page: USA | Canada

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/usca-more-lego-r ... ts-listed/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [US/CA] More LEGO Retiring Soon Products Listed

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:51 am

I wonder how much stock is left of Diagon Alley. I hope they have a cool 30% off day after xmas deal on it. Otherwise I'm happy that I got a couple copies already. Great set.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:26 am

With this year's BF sales being quite miserable, I suspect that the Boxing Day sales (after Christmas) will be interesting...
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:06 am

Thanks for reminding me of these. Time to sit down and think about the IS...

Mrbill317
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Mrbill317 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:15 am

Cool, glad I picked up Diagon Alley during the BOGO 50% sale. Next I will need to save for the shuttle.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:26 am

Hrm... I'm not surprised that MMV is being retired, but it seems rather soon for both Imperial Shuttle and Diagon Alley. I would like to get Diagon Alley, personally, but these high-ticket items are a hard sell with the missus, as well as myself.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:00 am

Now I'm wondering if these are really going to retire soon or if they are going to Brett Favre or Michael Jordan retire? :lol:no
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

CharliesDad
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by CharliesDad » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:46 am

vynsane wrote:Hrm... I'm not surprised that MMV is being retired, but it seems rather soon for both Imperial Shuttle and Diagon Alley. I would like to get Diagon Alley, personally, but these high-ticket items are a hard sell with the missus, as well as myself.
I wonder if perhaps their license for Harry Potter is nearing its end. While Diagon Alley is the only HP set on the list, if you go to the HP page on S@H, all sets are shown as "Sold Out" other than Diagon Alley. I've been holding off buying this one, but I do not want to let it get away so I'm going to go grab one. For posterity's sake. :-D

auralgami
Peasant
Peasant

Post by auralgami » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:12 am

Last time I was in the local Lego store, the person working there did not say HP had been 'retired' but said they were old and in the back, by request only. So, in any case, on its way out.

It looks like Toys R Us has greeted the news of the retirement of Diagon Alley by jacking up the price by $10. I am really beginning to hate TRU.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:10 am

auralgami wrote:
It looks like Toys R Us has greeted the news of the retirement of Diagon Alley by jacking up the price by $10. I am really beginning to hate TRU.
I thought they were sold out from TRU at BOGO 50% promo.

Thundarr
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Thundarr » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:03 pm

Cool - I'm glad I BOGO'd the Diagon set as well. I only wanted one but there were no other good qualifying $150 sets to pair it with so I got 2. I was gonna sell off the extra soon, but now I'm strongly considering keeping it for a few years and flipping it.

auralgami
Peasant
Peasant

Post by auralgami » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:37 pm

legohunter wrote:I thought they were sold out from TRU at BOGO 50% promo.
Maybe, but they're back in stock now. Today (Friday) is also the last day for the $25 off if you pay by Mastercard promo 956890 so that helps.

SlickP
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SlickP » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:46 pm

SpaceNinjaDino wrote:I wonder how much stock is left of Diagon Alley. I hope they have a cool 30% off day after xmas deal on it. Otherwise I'm happy that I got a couple copies already. Great set.

I was at the Lego Disney store this weekend and they had a ton of Diagon Alley left but I don't remember seeing any Imperial Shuttle there.

JJpach
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by JJpach » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:32 am

DA should have been gone by now, my local store does not carry any HP set at all. Bit the bullet and paid full (10% off during BF) since I lost the chance to get Maersk train. Too expensive for an exclusive, would still rather want Petshop for the same price.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:35 am

JJpach wrote:DA should have been gone by now, my local store does not carry any HP set at all. Bit the bullet and paid full (10% off during BF) since I lost the chance to get Maersk train. Too expensive for an exclusive, would still rather want Petshop for the same price.
There is still another chance to get Maersk train while we were not sure if it is EOL or not yet.