Collectable minifigures series 1 slowly coming to USA

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
kevin93
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Collectable minifigures series 1 slowly coming to USA

Post by kevin93 » Tue May 18, 2010 3:43 pm

I read over at several sites the series 1 minifigures are starting to appear at toysrus stores along with the new summer lego sets. Head over now before some greedy people buys off the entire case. ;)

FireWolf
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Collectable minifigures slowly coming to USA

Post by FireWolf » Fri May 21, 2010 5:23 pm

Anyone spotted these other than toysrus?

calvinwashere2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by calvinwashere2 » Mon May 24, 2010 9:38 am

By the time I got to TRU this weekend, there was two boxes but people have picked over it pretty well because I noticed the barcodes were for the same couple minifigs (that I didn't take the time to deciper which ones were left). If it's closer to the distribution center I think you'll have a better chance to see them. I did see the Kingdom sets across the board and also all of them at the Lego store already (including battlepacks).

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon May 24, 2010 10:32 am

Didn't see any minifigs at TRU on Sat. Of course they might have been all bought up.

I did see most of the summer sets though.
Got myself the King's Castle.
We'll my wife got it for me for our anniversary. :P
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

funnypeople
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by funnypeople » Tue May 25, 2010 10:40 pm

They're now up at toysrus.com. I also noticed some of the newer games have showed up like 3843 Ramses Pyramid.

Kinniku
I'm New !

Post by Kinniku » Wed May 26, 2010 9:36 am

One TRU near Atlanta didn't have any, and another had a display box with a few left. The $1.99 price isn't bad for TRU Lego prices.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed May 26, 2010 11:42 am

I found out the TRU in Times Square, NYC won't be carrying them - they have none in stock and none on order. The TRU near my home, however, has "had a ton of them" but they're wiped out! The lady on the phone knew exactly what I was talking about, and told me to check back on Friday. :evil:
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

kevin93
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by kevin93 » Wed May 26, 2010 5:58 pm

vynsane wrote:I found out the TRU in Times Square, NYC won't be carrying them - they have none in stock and none on order. The TRU near my home, however, has "had a ton of them" but they're wiped out! The lady on the phone knew exactly what I was talking about, and told me to check back on Friday. :evil:
Strange how the headquarters and biggest store won't carry them. I suggest keep checking the other TRU near your home.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed May 26, 2010 7:15 pm

kevin93 wrote:Strange how the headquarters and biggest store won't carry them.
Yeah, true dat.
I suggest keep checking the other TRU near your home.
I'm going to, especially after finding out they'd sell them at Times Sq. for $0.50 more than any other TRU if they did have them! The screen readout said $2.49 instead of the reported $1.99 everywhere else.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri May 28, 2010 6:33 pm

I finally got a set today - as I was travelling today, I called a few locations along the route, plus the one closest to me. The Poughkeepsie store didn't get any in today, the one in Jefferson Valley, NY didn't have them, the one in Carle Place, NY on Long Island didn't have them but finally the one in Valley Stream, NY 'had two' - I wasn't sure if she meant two bags left, or two full boxes, and I got cut off before finding out. I called back and she said "Yep, we have two of them" and I said "Two bags, or two boxes?" She didn't realize they were individually packaged, and opened a box and after I said I'd be around about 3-4pm told me she'd hold it behind the Customer Service desk and that "maybe they won't put it out".

It was still there when I got there at about 5:30pm (!) and I whipped out the barcode cheatsheet and went to work comparing. I got a full set of 16, plus one more ninja; two more zombies, robots and cowboys; and three more spacemen (he's absolutely my favorite). I'm not really seeing a big issue with the quality of the plastic, but whoever said there's a really weird smell in the bags is right!

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:05 pm

You lucky dog. I've been hitting up the Toys R Us and every other shop that might conceivably have them and I've yet to find them. Sure LEGO has put them up on their site but limit of 5 and for all I know I could get 5 of the same minifigure. Really if they're going to do this online they should at least narrow some of the possibilities. How could they put a limit on it? These are going to sell like hotcakes regardless of where they sell them. This is one of the biggest opportunities in LEGO history to get a variety of Minifigures for cheap.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

TClone
Knight
Knight

Post by TClone » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:31 pm

I agree. I don't like the limit of 5. Especially when shipping and handling on those 5 is $4.95. I don't like any limit, but because of the small price tag, I think a better limit is 10 or 15. They are cheaper there than at Toysrus.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:01 pm

TClone wrote:I agree. I don't like the limit of 5. Especially when shipping and handling on those 5 is $4.95. I don't like any limit, but because of the small price tag, I think a better limit is 10 or 15. They are cheaper there than at Toysrus.
How much are they at Toys R Us? I haven't even been able to find any.

type.xcl
I'm New !

Post by type.xcl » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:28 am

they are 2.49 i believe at TRU but if you have a local lego store its only 1.99 save 50 cents per figure...excluing the sales tax of your state of course.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:43 am

They originally were $1.99(US) at TRU, but it seems as though they're increasing it to $2.49 across the board. Incidentally, that was the price they came up at in the system at the TRU in Times Sq. NYC, although that store said they wouldn't be getting any in.

Also, there's rumors that TRU is going to limit it to 2 per customer soon, or already has.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:03 am

vynsane wrote:They originally were $1.99(US) at TRU, but it seems as though they're increasing it to $2.49 across the board. Incidentally, that was the price they came up at in the system at the TRU in Times Sq. NYC, although that store said they wouldn't be getting any in.

Also, there's rumors that TRU is going to limit it to 2 per customer soon, or already has.
I'd be willing to pay the extra .50. I'm not planning on really getting too many repeats but I wouldn't be ticked if I did. I just want a complete set. Not collecting LEGO for a lot of years I missed out on so many sets and minifigures that I wanted, I'm determined not to do it again.

The 2 per person might get tedious...I'll have to go to a Toys R Us with a bunch of friends : )

TClone
Knight
Knight

Post by TClone » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:07 pm

I believe any limit should be set at 16 -- the number of figures in the series. Even though it would take more than 16 tries to get a full set. I tired to use the codes today and we'll find out how successful i was!

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:57 pm

Good luck! Does anybody know when I would be able to order 5 more minifigs from the LEGO site?

sweener
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by sweener » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:39 pm

Went to the local LEGO store today and of course no minifigures even though I was told Tuesday to check back Thursday because they would be getting a shipment. So, I asked if I should check back Tuesday, Monday is usually when they get their shipments and I was told they would only be getting one more shipment sometime in the next 2 weeks and that would be it for the minifigures. I was also told the initial shipment was 10 cases/600 minifigures and of course those did not last long even with the limit of 5. They said families were coming in 6-7 deep to each get their limit of 5. :evil:

So 2 shipments for the only LEGO store in the area and lets say the 2nd one has the same as the first...
20 cases or 1200 minifigures
roughly 75 people could obtain a complete set :cry:

I'm guessing if you don't get your set by the end of the month you may be out of luck unless LEGO sends over a 2nd wave of shipments.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:16 am

Holy crap I hope your experience is not typical! I never thought LEGO would make these collectible by screwing everyone out of a complete set...