[CAN] Series 8 Now at Walmart

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Legobrandon
Count
Count

[CAN] Series 8 Now at Walmart

Post by Legobrandon » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:12 am

Chris McVeigh/PowerPig has found a couple of cases of Series 8 minfigures at his local Walmart in Halifax, NS. Like previous series, they should be priced at $3.28 each.

Happy hunting! :)

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Re: [CAN] Series 8 Now at Walmart

Post by hatcher » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:00 pm

Doing my very best Mr Burns impression: Excellent!
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:43 pm

Chris also Tweeted me the product code for these minifigs. Give your local store a call before you head out!

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:24 am

Waiting for a whole box - once they hit Amazon France or Spain :)
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

pong0814
I'm New !

Post by pong0814 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:03 pm

Confirmed sighting in Winnipeg, MB! (Saw one box out at the Regent WM.)

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:32 pm

Walmart won't pick up the phone. :(

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:40 pm

I found one lone box at the Markville Walmart. I'm hoping they'll get in a few more this week, since they seem to be in the middle of resetting the toy section.

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:17 pm

Found 3 boxes at northland Calgary walmart. I got almost everyone I wanted, somehow missed the vampire bat and ended up with an extra footballer/santa/evil robot.

nden
I'm New !

(Canada) Minifigures Series 8 at Walmart NOW !

Post by nden » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:23 pm

I just got home with 4 minifigures from Walmart (Keele & Lawrence, Toronto)

It was $3.28 for one.

Go get yours, and Good Luck.

super26
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: (Canada) Minifigures Series 8 at Walmart NOW !

Post by super26 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:47 pm

yeah. Dufferin Walmart has them, too.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:39 pm

4 boxes at Queensborough WM. Felt my way through one sealed case. The pretzel guy was the last one in the box... :lol:no But I got myself a full set!

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: (Canada) Minifigures Series 8 at Walmart NOW !

Post by dulait » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:00 pm

Saw them at a Walmart and Toys R Us in the GTA today, so they are in fact out. But again I'll be ordering from BL instead due to the prices there are a bit cheaper even with shipping, so for those whom can wait for it being shipped, I advise anyone to order from BL.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:23 pm

This is tempting, but I think I'll hold back until the Lego Store gets them. That way I can get points for purchasing these since these things will likely be at MSRP for a while. Might also wait until I hit the states in a few weeks, that way I can get them for slightly cheaper...

hatcher
Count
Count

Post by hatcher » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:30 am

Found the remains of one box in the north end Walmart in Barrie today. Only 24 left, so I bought them all. Got at least one of everything except the robot. Got 4 pirates and 4 DJ's.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:46 pm

Toronadian wrote:This is tempting, but I think I'll hold back until the Lego Store gets them. That way I can get points for purchasing these since these things will likely be at MSRP for a while. Might also wait until I hit the states in a few weeks, that way I can get them for slightly cheaper...
The Fairview Lego Store just got them in. I went in today and about five people, plus a couple of employees were helping each other out sort through them to find the minifigs that everyone needed. It's nice to know the management is cool with that.

They also received some of the new sets like the Villa Savoye and the Haunted House, and the highly sought-after Friends Advent Calendar. Speaking with one of the employees, he told me that at the rate they were selling, they'll be sold out of their allotted shipment within the next couple of weeks.

hatcher
Count
Count

Post by hatcher » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:37 am

How much was the Friends Advent Calendar?

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:36 am

hatcher wrote:How much was the Friends Advent Calendar?
$39.99 :)

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:02 pm

unclephn wrote:
Toronadian wrote:This is tempting, but I think I'll hold back until the Lego Store gets them. That way I can get points for purchasing these since these things will likely be at MSRP for a while. Might also wait until I hit the states in a few weeks, that way I can get them for slightly cheaper...
The Fairview Lego Store just got them in. I went in today and about five people, plus a couple of employees were helping each other out sort through them to find the minifigs that everyone needed. It's nice to know the management is cool with that.

They also received some of the new sets like the Villa Savoye and the Haunted House, and the highly sought-after Friends Advent Calendar. Speaking with one of the employees, he told me that at the rate they were selling, they'll be sold out of their allotted shipment within the next couple of weeks.
I went today and spent about an hour and a half there until I got each of them. Now have a complete set of Series 8. Apparently, the fairy is a popular figure amongst the people. Plenty of people were asking for them. I managed to get one out of sheer luck (grabbed a bunch and bought them just to see what I had first). The store employees were quite helpful and friendly. The bat guy and the Shakespeare looking dude took me ages to find.

Also, in my time there, I saw the new Haunted House fly off the shelf constantly. Saw at least like 5 of them being bought. I might be getting that on my trip to the US soon...absolutely beauty that set. Also saw some 12 year old or something girl be bought the Death Star by her mom. My gosh that thing is huge.

Marshallmario
I'm New !

Post by Marshallmario » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:54 am

Any hints on feeling for the Bat Guy? I spent forever at my Walmart standing there feeling up the bags and just could not come close to finding him. Thanks!

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:30 am

Marshallmario wrote:Any hints on feeling for the Bat Guy? I spent forever at my Walmart standing there feeling up the bags and just could not come close to finding him. Thanks!
The wings are attached to the arms. Like it's actually part of it. If you find the torso, feel the arms if there's something sticking out on the side of the arms. You can also feel for the hair. It's similar to the Werewolf from the past series, but the ears are bigger.