TRU New Star Wars/Hero Factory/Friends listed!

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

TRU New Star Wars/Hero Factory/Friends listed!

Post by pumbaugh » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:47 am

New Star wars and Hero Factory and Friends listed! Of course all jacked up over MSRP!

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp ... =lego&pg=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: TRU New Star Wars/Hero Factory/Friends listed!

Post by sadowsk1 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:23 am

Nice find! I'm looking forward to seeing these in the wild at another store for MSRP!

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:25 am

First place around me for the last wave of star wars was meijer. Not sure if they have made their way up to Milwaukee yet. I am looking forward to seeing these sets in the wild at MSRP also!

Cimmerian
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Cimmerian » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:38 am

Bah, I'll wait and avoid the TRU tax.

h-7
Citizen
Citizen

Post by h-7 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am

The new Star Wars sets are also available on Amazon.com.

I wonder when these will be available at S@H.

purplepirate
Peasant
Peasant

Post by purplepirate » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:05 am

h-7 wrote:The new Star Wars sets are also available on Amazon.com.

I wonder when these will be available at S@H.
Where are they on Amazon.com? The American site does not have them up for sale yet.

slisa51
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by slisa51 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:35 am

They have been on the american site since tuesday. Just search for the set by name or number.

sleepytiger
I'm New !

Post by sleepytiger » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:46 am

Mmm... there are only minimal items from the Lego Friends summer line.
The only ones listed are the stables, bunny hutch and speed boat. The stables are not even in stock to be ordered. Most of the items from the summer line are not listed. (plane, rv, suv, riding camp, music room)

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:31 pm

A couple more items added to TRU....including Palpatine's arrest for 110...ouch! The friends Camper, etc. Hopefully S@H has a much better price on palpatine's arrest.

Max Power
Knight
Knight

Post by Max Power » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:10 pm

pumbaugh wrote:A couple more items added to TRU....including Palpatine's arrest for 110...ouch! The friends Camper, etc. Hopefully S@H has a much better price on palpatine's arrest.
$110 for 645 pieces :shock:

what229393
I'm New !

Post by what229393 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:14 pm

US$110? WTF, reminded me what happenned to 7754

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:43 pm

pumbaugh wrote:A couple more items added to TRU....including Palpatine's arrest for 110...ouch! The friends Camper, etc. Hopefully S@H has a much better price on palpatine's arrest.
I was really looking forward to getting this set but not anymore. If it is a TRU exclusive I'll wait for LEGO shop at home and pick it up at retail. Stupid TRU has to ruin everything. :down:
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:58 pm

Max Power wrote:
Oh the humanity!

Max Power
Knight
Knight

Post by Max Power » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:24 pm

So, what is the retail of the set suppose to be?

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:42 pm

Nice Star Wars set with ridiculous price. Crazy markup. Only pick it up if 40% off or higher is offered.

knicky
I'm New !

Post by knicky » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:43 am

I wonder -- has anybody looked at their TRUs 10-K before? I really wonder how viable their business model of highway robbery is...

Consumers are getting smarter every season and other retailers plus online shopping has to eventually make this kind of crap extinct.

Morgan19
Knight
Knight

Post by Morgan19 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:58 am

knicky wrote: has to eventually make this kind of crap extinct.
I certainly hope so.

m19

Deathleech
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Deathleech » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:45 am

Max Power wrote:
Hey now, that's only 0.17 cents per piece, which is only 1 cent more than Gandal Return's! And that's MSRP on Gandalf Returns mind you, not jacked up TRU price!

In all seriousness though, that's just ridiculous. Thankfully it's not a "true" TRU exclusive and you still have other options to buy it, like the Lego Store (hopefully soon!).

knicky wrote:I wonder -- has anybody looked at their TRUs 10-K before? I really wonder how viable their business model of highway robbery is...

Consumers are getting smarter every season and other retailers plus online shopping has to eventually make this kind of crap extinct.
Does anyone else remember several years ago when TRU was bought out by some real estate company or something, and a ton of their stores were sold off and shut down because the land they were on was worth more than the actual store revenue? I remember over half the TRU stores in my area shutting down when this happened and this was when TRU still offered close to MSRP on all their items (still couldn't compete with Target and Walmart prices though).

Now I am guessing TRU only has a small niche of customers. Most likely parents/kids who are simply unaware they are paying more than MSRP at TRU, and die hard fans who don't care and just want their toys a few days/weeks earlier than they would get them from other stores. Other than that I can't see people shopping at TRU. I know I refuse to and haven't bought anything there in years due to the jacked up prices. I mean I could probably handle a buck or two over MSRP, but when you start charging 30% more, and are paying $150 or $160 for a 129.99 MSRP set it gets ridiculous. That's a whole nother set you could buy in TRU mark up alone! It's so easy too nowadays with onnline shopping and soo many stores offering deals or at the very least the sets readily available for MSRP. I just can't see TRU lasting much longer with their current business model...

anthonyj8
Knight
Knight

Post by anthonyj8 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:13 am

I agree, this is completely horrible. :down: Although this set is pretty awesome, it's certainly not worth this price. Hopefully TRU will realize their huge mistake and lower the price.

FlynnLives
I'm New !

Post by FlynnLives » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:12 pm

We just need to stop buying ANYTHING Lego from TRU. The heck with them thinking they can set super high prices and expect us to pay them. Lego.com for me all the way!