LEGO storage container with baseplate

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Luciant
Count
Count

LEGO storage container with baseplate

Post by Luciant » Mon May 14, 2012 11:22 am

If you're looking for 10x10 Grey Baseplates, swing by Walmart and grab some of the Lego Plastic Containers. They are pretty useful for storage (I keep my instructions in a few of these), and each comes with a 10x10 Grey Baseplate. Only like $9.99.
Last edited by Brickbuilder0937 on Thu May 24, 2012 4:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Split from Kingdoms chess set topic.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Re: LEGO Kingdoms Chess

Post by sidersdd » Sun May 20, 2012 8:27 am

Luciant wrote: If you're looking for 10x10 Grey Baseplates, swing by Walmart and grab some of the Lego Plastic Containers. They are pretty useful for storage (I keep my instructions in a few of these), and each comes with a 10x10 Grey Baseplate. Only like $9.99.
@Luciant - can you point me to a pic/listing of what you're referring to here? All the containers I've seen have come with green baseplates. Are you saying some have 32x32 stud gray (light or dark?) baseplates?

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sun May 20, 2012 9:34 am

^ I think he meant 32x32. :)

If I were to get this set, I need someone to teach me how to play chess. ;)

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Sun May 20, 2012 11:10 am

Legobrandon wrote:^ I think he meant 32x32. :)
Well 10"x10" == 32 stud x 32 stud. I get that. It's the rare grey color for this item I'm intrigued about.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sun May 20, 2012 11:27 am

sidersdd wrote:
Well 10"x10" == 32 stud x 32 stud. I get that. It's the rare grey color for this item I'm intrigued about.
It's a dark grey baseplate. Here's a quick picture from my cell.
Lego Container.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sun May 20, 2012 11:53 am

sidersdd wrote:
Duh. I thought he meant 10x10 stud BP. :crazy:
Luciant wrote:
sidersdd wrote:
Lego Container.jpg
Wow $10 for that container and a BP?! I need to get some of those. Where did you find them? I've only seen the flat ones at WM.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sun May 20, 2012 1:21 pm

Legobrandon wrote:
sidersdd wrote:
Duh. I thought he meant 10x10 stud BP. :crazy:
Luciant wrote:
sidersdd wrote:
Lego Container.jpg
Wow $10 for that container and a BP?! I need to get some of those. Where did you find them? I've only seen the flat ones at WM.

Found them @ Walmart. I have seen a efw on shelves, and have been kinda waiting for them to go Clearance... haven't really been replenishing them. Be sure to check inside... some jerks take the BPs out which make them not worth it.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sun May 20, 2012 1:22 pm

You're probably talking about the Minifig cases... Those are I think like $3 or $5... not really worth it IMO, but the wifey bought me a few..

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sun May 20, 2012 1:38 pm

I was talking about these. They are also $10 and include a green BP. And yes, most of these storage cases have broken seals and the BP taken out of them. :sick: Oh and are these cases in the LEGO isle or the storage isle?

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Sun May 20, 2012 3:02 pm

^ Yeah I've only seen that one at Walmart. I've never seen the one that Luciant posted. I'd love to get a couple of those, especially with those grey baseplates!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sun May 20, 2012 6:14 pm

ooh that bigger storage box with the grey baseplate looks kind of useful. Is it only available at Walmart (my Walmart is horrible)?

You could use the big XL grey baseplate and add your own border instead of the moulded grey one.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sun May 20, 2012 7:27 pm

I've ONLY seen these at Walmart... and I think they are going the way of the Dinosaurs (the real ones).

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Sun May 20, 2012 7:33 pm

Luciant wrote:
sidersdd wrote:
Lego Container.jpg
Excellent. I'll be stopping by some Wal-Marts tomorrow. The baseplate alone goes for about $10 on Bricklink. It's only been available in two sets - Space Police Central and Lunar Command. And I like to use those bins for parts as well. Thanks. :up:

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Mon May 21, 2012 10:44 am

Legobrandon wrote:Image
I was talking about these. They are also $10 and include a green BP. And yes, most of these storage cases have broken seals and the BP taken out of them. :sick: Oh and are these cases in the LEGO isle or the storage isle?
Just a side note, some of these also include a gray baseplate. I've found some at Wal Mart with Ninjago on the cover that come with the gray baseplate.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Mon May 21, 2012 10:59 am

Good to know! But the big one seems like a better deal since the tub is larger and can hold more parts. I have not been to a Walmart in a while so I don't know if they have any of these storage cases in stock.

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Mon May 21, 2012 12:42 pm

From what I've seen, some only carry the smaller project cases. Other Wal Marts seem to carry both. The Ninjago cases with the gray plates only started showing up a few months back. Prior to that they were all city themed and had the green baseplates. Still a good value considering the plates sell for at least $5. I've bought probably 6-8 of the bigger cases and 2-3 of the smaller. The small cases can be good if you're on the go, I've used them to build while on business trips.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon May 21, 2012 6:08 pm

I found this Lord of the Rings case at TRU.com. I wonder what color the base plate is,but it is $13.99:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=12986414" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There also is a black Ninjago case...but it doesn't mention the base plate in the description ($11.99)
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=11916152" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I tried looking on Walmart.com and didn't find them there.

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:10 pm

atmail35 wrote:I found this Lord of the Rings case at TRU.com. I wonder what color the base plate is,but it is $13.99:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=12986414" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This deserves a post of its own! I'll wait and hope it shows up elsewhere, but if I have to I'd pay TRU's price for something that cool!

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Mon May 21, 2012 7:45 pm

LOL, we turned a thread speaking about the new chess set to plastic storage containers and baseplates.

silvashado
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by silvashado » Wed May 23, 2012 11:42 am

Legobrandon wrote:LOL, we turned a thread speaking about the new chess set to plastic storage containers and baseplates.
lol, funny how conversations go, eh?

But I only have something to add to the container/baseplate conversation. ;-)

I got several of the larger ones with green baseplates several months ago at WalMart. I did see them at TRU a few weeks later, but the price was marked up and most of the green baseplates were gone.

If they're re-releasing these with grey baseplates - I'm all over that. Gonna have to check out WalMarts soon. Hafta go to a bigger one than the one near me, though. Their LEGO selection is small at best, and mostly Star Wars.