New TRU Superheroes, Friends, City polybags

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
nick91884
Knight
Knight

Re: New TRU Superheroes, Friends, City polybags

Post by nick91884 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:21 pm

Looks like I'll have to call TLG, batmans head is not listed as one of the elements you can just order a replacement of
"The problem with quotes on the internet is it's difficult to determine if indeed they are true" -Abraham Lincoln

legogod
Knight
Knight

Post by legogod » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:18 pm

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion ... batman-set" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know if you've looked around yet, but there are many discussions (and rumors) flying around about the new molded head piece for Batman. I had read the above one a couple weeks ago. Lego has a message board too with some more thoughts, but I think one conversation about it is enough. If you do decide to contact Lego, please let us know what they say.

Jared

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:30 am

I have a couple Jetski bags I bought at LEGOLAND Fla last week, and I also have one I purchased at TRU. I opened one of the LEGOLAND bags and the head has the same problem. I opened the TRU one - it was fine. It does seem to be a batch issue. I'll also be curious to hear what LEGO has to say about this.

nick91884
Knight
Knight

Post by nick91884 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:15 pm

legogod wrote:http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion ... batman-set

I don't know if you've looked around yet, but there are many discussions (and rumors) flying around about the new molded head piece for Batman. I had read the above one a couple weeks ago. Lego has a message board too with some more thoughts, but I think one conversation about it is enough. If you do decide to contact Lego, please let us know what they say.

Jared
I just read that link and its funny I didnt realize the cowl was from a different mold, but sure enough I compared the cowl to the blue one that came with the batcave set and there are a number of differences, narrower pointier ears and more defined brow, interesting they would use a different mold considering TLG is always saying how much new molds cost, I cant see how making an entirely different mold for the black mask is economically sound.

Anyways, Im gonna give them a call, its not a problem with the face printing because the blue mask goes on the head and lines up perfectly with the head band in the eye holes, so at least I know the issue is the mask and not the head. Ill let you know what they say.
"The problem with quotes on the internet is it's difficult to determine if indeed they are true" -Abraham Lincoln

nick91884
Knight
Knight

Post by nick91884 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Just got off the phone with customer service and no questions asked is sending me a replacement cowl/mask. I just told him it doesn't line up with the face printing and gave him a POP# off the instruction manual. This was my first time dealing with TLG with a part issue and I have to say I am very pleased. I'll update when I receive the part to let you know if it fixes the issue.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:28 pm

Got one today from a guy I traded with and has the same problem. His friend got it from LEGOLAND so I can confirm it is a batch issue.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:49 pm

Btw, the reason there are "2 molds" for the Cowl is because of 6858 Cat Women Set. Remember that batman has a jetpack so his Cowl has to sit differently in order to show the face properly. The other cowls only have a cloth cape (so no extra height) just like the Poly. Simple mix up.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

nick91884
Knight
Knight

Post by nick91884 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:30 am

Luciant wrote:Btw, the reason there are "2 molds" for the Cowl is because of 6858 Cat Women Set. Remember that batman has a jetpack so his Cowl has to sit differently in order to show the face properly. The other cowls only have a cloth cape (so no extra height) just like the Poly. Simple mix up.
But the cowl in the catwoman set was the same as the one in the bat cave set. Also I havent come across a blue cowl yet that is the same mold of the one I got in the batski.

nick91884
Knight
Knight

Post by nick91884 » Wed May 09, 2012 3:00 pm

Ok so update! I received the new cowl and it fits perfect, definitely a batch issue. Anyone having this issue should call lego and get a replacement like me, it was quick and easy you should have it in a week or two.

Also dont worry, you dont gotta send them your old one (for those of you that wanna keep the other cowl for the novelty of it).

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Wed May 09, 2012 9:00 pm

Thanks for the tip. I sent a damage part order to LEGO this afternoon.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Wed May 30, 2012 3:40 pm

Received my new mask today and to my surprise, they sent me an extra head too. But the new one is a different mold. I have taken some quick photographs of the two masks. Please excuse the crummy lighting.

Left= Old Right= New
SAM_5037.JPG
Left= Old Right= New
SAM_5038.JPG
Old
SAM_5039.JPG
New
SAM_5041.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

adarkpassenger
I'm New !

Post by adarkpassenger » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:07 pm

So you guys are saying that you got this out of the Jetski poly, right? It is definitely not batch...I bought my polybag from TRU in Las Vegas...nearest Legoland is in SD...I have the same new mold. But, Im wondering why its being referred to as defective? I am hopign this is the new direction for cowl molds in the future. The other black cowls in the new Superheroes line (and the old batman lines) have the old mold. The ONLYcowl like this I have gotten was with the Jetski, and I have every set. I think it is much better. The brow and eye area make him look much more menacing and angry. The grooves near the ears and the general smaller size is much more aesthetically pleasing than the bulky cowl that we have gotten used to. HOPE TLG keeps these cowls coming...if not I gotta go find a few more polybags jsut in case this is a one time headpiece...

adarkpassenger
I'm New !

Post by adarkpassenger » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:13 pm

or are you just saying that one cowl was defective cause it went below the white? I think mine kind of does too...so when they sent the replacement you got the old cowl mold right?

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:31 am

adarkpassenger wrote:or are you just saying that one cowl was defective cause it went below the white? I think mine kind of does too...so when they sent the replacement you got the old cowl mold right?
Yes. The new one I got was the mold used for all of the Batman sets as of 2006. The one that was supposed to come with the Jetski is only available in the Jetski set.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:40 pm

My local TRU now wants $5.49 for polys :evil: :shock: :mad: :crazy:

warhev
I'm New !

Post by warhev » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:36 pm

atmail35 wrote:My local TRU now wants $5.49 for polys :evil: :shock: :mad: :crazy:
This may be slightly off topic, but does anyone know why Lego.com and/or the Lego stores don't sell the polybags? My local Target and Walmart have depressingly small amounts of them (not to mention they only have polys that are 2 yrs old now), and my local TRU has NONE, even if I was willing to pay their markup! Is there a reliable source for the polybags at all, or do I just bite it and buy from resellers? I MUST have the Monster Fighters one when it is available! Thanks!