Tantive IV Sold Out & Fire Brigade Backordered

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Mgoblue94
I'm New !

Tantive IV Sold Out & Fire Brigade Backordered

Post by Mgoblue94 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:52 pm

Shop at home is sold out of Tantive IV & Fire Brigade is backordered.

Tantive is still available on Amazon & Target ($164.99)
Fire Brigade is sold out on Amazon and Available at Target ($149.99)

Last chance for both??

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Re: Tantive IV Sold Out & Fire Brigade Backordered

Post by Legobrandon » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:59 pm

FB still available at ToysRUs.com But yes, this could be the last chance to pick them up.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:42 am

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the FB. I was going to wait until free shipping on S@H, but since the FB is now back ordered it was a too big of a gamble for me. I got it on Target.com with a $5 coupon code and the total with taxes came to approximately $157.

wei11364
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by wei11364 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:27 am

Legobrandon wrote:I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the FB. I was going to wait until free shipping on S@H, but since the FB is now back ordered it was a too big of a gamble for me. I got it on Target.com with a $5 coupon code and the total with taxes came to approximately $157.
The 7 off 70 coupon no longer valid?

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:40 am

wei11364 wrote:
Legobrandon wrote:I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the FB. I was going to wait until free shipping on S@H, but since the FB is now back ordered it was a too big of a gamble for me. I got it on Target.com with a $5 coupon code and the total with taxes came to approximately $157.
The 7 off 70 coupon no longer valid?
I used the $5 off 50. I had no idea there was a $7 off 70.

On a somewhat different topic, I've been reading some horror stories about Target.com online shopping experiences and I've become quite paranoid about the subject and my order. People online have written reviews about their shopping experience on Target.com saying that the item they purchased has been delayed for a month or two and have not been able to cancel the order. Well have any of you purchased from Target.com and could you please share your experience with me and others on the forum.

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Legobrandon wrote:...
On a somewhat different topic, I've been reading some horror stories about Target.com online shopping experiences and I've become quite paranoid about the subject and my order. People online have written reviews about their shopping experience on Target.com saying that the item they purchased has been delayed for a month or two and have not been able to cancel the order. Well have any of you purchased from Target.com and could you please share your experience with me and others on the forum.
I've ordered a fair amount from target.com, and have never had a problem. The LEGO orders have always been well packed, and arrive in great condition.

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:13 pm

Same here. I've ordered from them several times this past year and never had any trouble. Always fast shipping and well packed for me.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:21 pm

That for comforting my thoughts. How fast do they generally ship out your order? I placed it last night, should I expect it to ship out this afternoon or tomorrow?

Mgoblue94
I'm New !

Post by Mgoblue94 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:44 pm

FB back in stock at S@H

Orangechef
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Orangechef » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:06 pm

Legobrandon wrote:I used the $5 off 50. I had no idea there was a $7 off 70.

I've actually had a couple of problems with Target.com and shipping recently: first was in december when they sent me a an e-mail saying the emerald night I ordered had shipped, fast forward a month and I hadn't gotten anything so I called and they cancelled the order (paid with paypal so they would only issue me a gift card refund); second was in January on the order I tried to use the gift card refund on, got a message saying the order had shipped, tracking info said UPS hadn't received anything, then 10 days after "shipping" the order actually ships.

Also if you're a AAA member they have a $10 off $100 at Target.com click through coupon on the AAA site.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:08 pm

Just received an email claiming my order is delayed. They did not give a reason, just telling me the arrival date is now pushed back almost a week.

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:36 pm

Yikes... unfortunately most of the horror stories I've seen with Target start with "my order was delayed."

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Yes, I know. Should I cancel the order and just purchase it on S@H? I have a feeling they don't even have the FB in their warehouse.

cbaker1974
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by cbaker1974 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:58 pm

I've had several orders delayed in the past with Target.com (4 in the past year), never received the items. The most painful one was some sets that were delayed 5 different times until I finally cancelled them...at one point they were delayed even when the item came back in stock....maddening!

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:31 pm

I'll wait a few more days. The lady over the phone said that if my order gets delayed 3 times, I should call back and cancel my order. I'm afraid that I might be in the same situation as you are.

UPDATE:Upon posting this message, my order has shipped via UPS from Ontario, California. But no shipping email was sent to me. The only way I found out is on Target.com's website.

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:27 am

Wow, I have never had a problem ordering from Target.com. They have actually been one of the better, more responsive companies in my dealings.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:03 am

Well I went and picked up the order and I have to say the FB was very well packed and in almost pristine condition. Just some minor shelf wear. Plus, I didn't get charged customs/duty so I saved around $40.

Follows Closely
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Follows Closely » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:16 am

Legobrandon wrote:Well I went and picked up the order and I have to say the FB was very well packed and in almost pristine condition. Just some minor shelf wear. Plus, I didn't get charged customs/duty so I saved around $40.
You avoided paying taxes that you owe, and you are boasting about it on a public message board :crazy: It is a great set though isn't it?

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:34 am

Follows Closely wrote:
Legobrandon wrote:Well I went and picked up the order and I have to say the FB was very well packed and in almost pristine condition. Just some minor shelf wear. Plus, I didn't get charged customs/duty so I saved around $40.
You avoided paying taxes that you owe, and you are boasting about it on a public message board :crazy: It is a great set though isn't it?
No, it was the border guards' decision not to pull me in and charge me taxes. I had everything ready to go just in case I was pulled in. In fact, I was even expecting them to charge me because the item was so expensive. But I don't feel like I did anything wrong here so that is why I posted it on the forums.

cstojano
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by cstojano » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:21 pm

FB is NOT in the new catalog, one supposed predictor of a sets demise.