Pre Order MARVEL Super Heroes at TRU

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Pre Order MARVEL Super Heroes at TRU

Post by pumbaugh » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:05 am

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp ... =lego&pg=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

obv some tru tax already in place!

Looks like it has new pictures too! Full box art for most!

brickz
Knight
Knight

Re: Pre Order MARVEL Super Heroes at TRU

Post by brickz » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:29 pm

Nice! Now I hope TRU doesn't get the Doc Oc set as their exclusive.

dilbert12
Knight
Knight

Post by dilbert12 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:55 pm

I'm going broke this summer.

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:46 am

Marvel Ultrabuild figures are listed as shipping now on TRU!

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp ... =lego&pg=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JabbaT
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by JabbaT » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:01 pm

All the sets are now shipping with TRU tax on them.

nick91884
Knight
Knight

Post by nick91884 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:46 am

Not nearly as bad as the TRU tax on the DC sets.

They had the catwoman set at $17.99 which is a $12.99 set and $24.99 for lex lutor power armor which is a $19.99 set.

The tax on these is only a couple dollars for the cheaper sets and about $10 on the bigger sets. The less tax the more savings you can get with the bogo50% off next time around (if they dont exclude the theme)
"The problem with quotes on the internet is it's difficult to determine if indeed they are true" -Abraham Lincoln

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:46 pm

I saw all the sets at Riverside, CA TRU. The wolverine helicopter set looked really cool.

zak001
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zak001 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:41 pm

I got an early-shipped 6866 - for $20 it's a pretty hefty helicopter and 3 cool minifigures. Also lots of deep red cheese and some tiles, plus a few SNOT pieces.

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:04 pm

Went to Target today and they verified that the helicarrier and caps cycle sets were in the back. However they couldn't sell it to me till tomorrow. Then I was told that they weren't open tomorrow :-(

Went to Walmart and they knew nothing about any of the sets coming out.

Went to TRU. Ends up they had none of the sets out. However they had all the sets in the back. AND they received an e-mail from corporate this morning telling them to ignore the street date and put the sets out. So it was nice, the manager went and got the brown boxes from the back and opened them all up in front of my son & I. We ended up getting Captain America, the wolverine set and the Quinjet.

Needless to say, we've had a great day and a great evening building. Just finished up the Quinjet!!

JAYMATIK
Peasant
Peasant

Post by JAYMATIK » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:24 pm

turtle1173 wrote: Went to TRU. Ends up they had none of the sets out. However they had all the sets in the back. AND they received an e-mail from corporate this morning telling them to ignore the street date and put the sets out. So it was nice, the manager went and got the brown boxes from the back and opened them all up in front of my son & I. We ended up getting Captain America, the wolverine set and the Quinjet.

Needless to say, we've had a great day and a great evening building. Just finished up the Quinjet!!
Not sure about you, but considering the few dollars of markup on each of those sets, I would have waited a day and bought them at Target or a LEGO store if you had one near. The TRU tax you spent could have gone towards another Captain America set.