Wha's a good price for a used Emerald Night?

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
mvas11
Peasant
Peasant

Wha's a good price for a used Emerald Night?

Post by mvas11 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:40 am

I've been looking to get an emerald night for my son, he's a big train buff. Any idea what a good price for a used set with box and instructions should run me? Thanks

FireWolf
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Wha's a good price for a used Emerald Night?

Post by FireWolf » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:58 pm

That set is getting pricey now (lowest is $159.99 sealed). Bricklink would usually be the way to go. But a used one and a new one is almost the same price right now.

Is your son into the Maersk Train? Its a little similar to it and is bigger (and also cheaper).

greanie2011
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by greanie2011 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:24 pm

If you could get ahold of one of these they are a definite must for the train enthusiast/ Collector.
I have yet to find one for the price i am willing to pay. Of the recent train sets it is the only one i do not have in my collection which i would absolutely love to have.

Neo
Knight
Knight

Post by Neo » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:16 am

mvas11 wrote:I've been looking to get an emerald night for my son, he's a big train buff. Any idea what a good price for a used set with box and instructions should run me? Thanks
The emerald night is a great looking train but it requires that one also buy power function devices( i.e.motor, remote control receiver, remote controller transmitter, and a battery pack) to make it work.

Bricklink provides both a statistical info (e.g. price range) and a marketplace to get the emerald night train set. The last time I looked, the price of the emerald night was about $200 or so (san PF parts),