TRU Disney DUPLO Princess sets

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

TRU Disney DUPLO Princess sets

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:06 am

The new Disney Princess sets are on tru.com

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp ... 54197&sr=1
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Brownstone
Peasant
Peasant

Re: TRU Disney DUPLO Princess sets

Post by Brownstone » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:53 pm

Thanks - this seems like a no-brainer for LEGO. Now, I wonder if the license will extend to the regular sized LEGO products?

starfire2
Knight
Knight

Post by starfire2 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:51 pm

Also Fang Suei spinner available as well.

kbsig106
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by kbsig106 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:19 pm

Brownstone wrote:Thanks - this seems like a no-brainer for LEGO. Now, I wonder if the license will extend to the regular sized LEGO products?
Would that cut in to "Friends" - thus keeping the Princess line Duplo?

Brownstone
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Brownstone » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:13 am

kbsig106 wrote:Would that cut in to "Friends" - thus keeping the Princess line Duplo?
It depends on how stubborn they are about Friends. They have multiple "boy" lines of LEGO, why can't they have multiple "girl" lines?

I'm so-so on the friends concept, and I have LEGO loving daughters. I agree 100% that girls needed a better minifig - the solution of using a 65 2 x 2 x 2 slope as a dress, for example, is pathetic. But instead of the friends minidoll I would have preferred they just make some adjustments to the traditional minifig.

Of all the attempts LEGO has made I thought that Paradisa was the best conceptually, but the theme (and the promotion) left something to be desired.

This is the best way I can sum up my feelings about the new minidoll; pretend that instead of launching Friends, LEGO had announced that after 34 years it was time for the traditional minifig to come to an end. That they were going to roll out a new style minifig across all LEGO themes and products. Then suppose what they shows us was the new minidoll. I suppose a handful of people would claim that the new minidoll was superior because it was more recognizably human, but the flaws would be jumped on immediately: non-rotating hands, legs that cannot move separately, no way for a seated minidoll to click to a brick. The minidoll is just basically inferior to the minifig - and all the marketing and spin in the world can't change that.

I really applaud LEGO for trying to make their toys more relevant for girls, but I don't know why they keep finding it so hard to get right. Their are legions of parent AFOLs who could have told them what girls want.

Anyhow, sorry about my soapbox, but I think it would be *incredibly stupid* for LEGO not to release Disney Princess themed system sets and minifigs if their license allows it, just to avoid competing with Friends.

kbsig106
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by kbsig106 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:07 pm

Great comment!

I wasn't thinking long term on the Friends vs. princess - I was just thinking that with the recent big time roll out of the "Friends" line, they would take a pass. I would be all over regular Princess line if one came out.

My 4 year old daughter has pretty much skipped over duplo. We have to beg her to play with them while my 6 year old son plays with Lego. I even went as far as buying the Pink duplo box that came out before Christmas and still no luck in keeping her attention. The princess duplo sets may bring her back, but at 4 it might be short lived and money better spent on Friends sets in advance.

cmonman
I'm New !

Post by cmonman » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:12 pm

I think TLG is marketing the princess line in duplo because many girls get into this "Princess phase" around age 3-4. It fits perfectly for marketing the target age. Here's an interesting link http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/23/books ... aul-t.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Transformers2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Transformers2 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:19 pm

Nice prices lol... all marked up at TRU!