question: will TRU return credit Rewards?

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
happymark
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

question: will TRU return credit Rewards?

Post by happymark » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:11 pm

I used some rewards credit. but I changed my mind (I want to buy the funhouse escape!). can I return the thing I bought ? will it credit the rewards credit ?

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Re: question: will TRU return credit Rewards?

Post by sidersdd » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:14 pm

You can return the thing you bought but you won't get your rewards back.

pushpin
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by pushpin » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:21 pm

It says in the fine print that if you return the item, you forfeit your rewards.

slisa51
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by slisa51 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:14 pm

return the item without the receipt and they will give you store credit, just be careful that the item isn't on sale now because you will get the sale price. They can also look up your receipt by your rewards number so don't show them your card.

utahkei
I'm New !

Post by utahkei » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:39 pm

But what about I don't have the gift receipt?

pushpin
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by pushpin » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:06 am

I returned some non-LEGO gifts without a receipt to TRU a few days ago. The clerk asked to see my driver's license and entered my name, address and phone number into the computer. I got merchandise credit but for a lower value of the current price of the products (of course, with TRU tax, it ended up being about retail value, anyway). I'm assuming that they give you credit for the lowest sales price for a given period of time.

A bit off-topic, but why did they take down my info? Is it still possible for me to return stuff sans receipt at a different TRU or are they monitoring me now?

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:49 pm

pushpin wrote:I returned some non-LEGO gifts without a receipt to TRU a few days ago. The clerk asked to see my driver's license and entered my name, address and phone number into the computer. I got merchandise credit but for a lower value of the current price of the products (of course, with TRU tax, it ended up being about retail value, anyway). I'm assuming that they give you credit for the lowest sales price for a given period of time.

A bit off-topic, but why did they take down my info? Is it still possible for me to return stuff sans receipt at a different TRU or are they monitoring me now?
I thought TRU's return policy required a receipt and they did not honor returns without them (unlike Target who allows $75 in returns without a receipt, or something like that). I have not tried to return w/out a receipt at TRU because several years ago they told me they could not do it, perhaps it has changed or is YMMV.

I think it is common for stores to ask for ID and take down info for the return. At Target they take your license info to track it. I'm guessing TRU is doing the same (plus stores always want info for marketing etc). I'll have to attempt a return at TRU without a receipt, I really thought they had gotten strict about it, but it would be nice if they changed it. Or at least allowed $X of returns per year w/out a receipt.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:03 pm

pushpin wrote:A bit off-topic, but why did they take down my info? Is it still possible for me to return stuff sans receipt at a different TRU or are they monitoring me now?
atmail35 wrote:I think it is common for stores to ask for ID and take down info for the return. At Target they take your license info to track it. I'm guessing TRU is doing the same (plus stores always want info for marketing etc).
I've never had that happen here in California. We return stuff to Target on a weekly basis (always shopping there), and at Target you don't even need your receipt, although it helps. They just need the credit card you used to purchase the item and they can look it up from that. You can even return stuff to Target that's clearly been used/abused and they don't really bat an eye or give any trouble. Maybe there's some state/local law about checking IDs for returns.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Zeya wrote: I've never had that happen here in California. We return stuff to Target on a weekly basis (always shopping there), and at Target you don't even need your receipt, although it helps. They just need the credit card you used to purchase the item and they can look it up from that. You can even return stuff to Target that's clearly been used/abused and they don't really bat an eye or give any trouble. Maybe there's some state/local law about checking IDs for returns.
Sorry, what I meant was that Target asks for ID if you don't have a receipt or can't do credit card look-up. So if you are returning something you paid cash for (with no receipt) or it was something you didn't buy there (i.e. duplicate gift), the policy is that they will take up to $75 in returns "without a receipt".