Target Valentine's day 2012 seasonal polybag(s)?

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
mooslug
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Target Valentine's day 2012 seasonal polybag(s)?

Post by mooslug » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:47 pm

Yesterday I saw that a local Target (Austin TX - Lakeline) had partially set up its seasonal section for Valentine's day. There was an empty bin for LEGO polybags, but it hadn't been stocked yet...

Does anyone know which set(s) the polybags will be?

I'm betting it won't be the Venator Star Destroyer - the Targets here have all had those in the checkout lanes for about a month now.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Re: Target Valentine's day 2012 seasonal polybag(s)?

Post by atmail35 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:41 pm

I was at Target on Tuesday and the old Christmas section was storage/organization and costco sized packs of cleaning supplies etc. I'm surprised that this store didn't have an area set up yet or at least started. It's only about a month away!

I'm hoping for a Friends poly.

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:45 pm

Mine had an "assortment" bin of TS Army Men, Racers, SW Gunship, and Atlantis in the Valentine section. I can post a pic when I get home.

slackerhero
I'm New !

Post by slackerhero » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:48 pm

I wish it would be the ADU Walker.

mooslug
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by mooslug » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:10 am

sidersdd wrote:Mine had an "assortment" bin of TS Army Men, Racers, SW Gunship, and Atlantis in the Valentine section. I can post a pic when I get home.
I checked a second Target in my area and this was the case there. Looks like they pulled all the polybags they had (except the Venator star destroyer) and stuck them in the bin. Well, rats. Was hoping for a new set...

dehnehsu
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by dehnehsu » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:10 am

I saw an empty bin at our Target in Mountain View, Calif. marked "Lego Friends Mailbox" priced at $3.99 Could this be set 30105?

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:56 am

Pretty much saw the same polybags my local Target. I hope there are some new ones that pop up.
sidersdd wrote:Mine had an "assortment" bin of TS Army Men, Racers, SW Gunship, and Atlantis in the Valentine section. I can post a pic when I get home.

fizicyst
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by fizicyst » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:22 am

dehnehsu wrote:I saw an empty bin at our Target in Mountain View, Calif. marked "Lego Friends Mailbox" priced at $3.99 Could this be set 30105?
I can confirm the same in RI. I saw two spots, one had the "Lego Friends Mailbox" on the tag and the other just said "Lego Assorted Sets". I am almost sure it is the 30105 set because it has a heart, flowers and what appears to be chocolates. It is even being listed on ebay as a valentine's set.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:47 am

fizicyst wrote:
dehnehsu wrote:I saw an empty bin at our Target in Mountain View, Calif. marked "Lego Friends Mailbox" priced at $3.99 Could this be set 30105?
I can confirm the same in RI. I saw two spots, one had the "Lego Friends Mailbox" on the tag and the other just said "Lego Assorted Sets". I am almost sure it is the 30105 set because it has a heart, flowers and what appears to be chocolates. It is even being listed on ebay as a valentine's set.
I checked out two Targets and both only had one space for "assorted Lego" with a DCPI that was 204-00-0484 which when I punched it into the scanner took me over to the Toy aisle and they appear to be the TS/Racers bags that were part of a promo earlier in the month. :evil: I also found two atlantis bags at checkout 30040 (Octopus) and 30042 Mini Sub which had the same dcpi when I scanned it.

Which Target in RI did you find the label at? A bit of a drive, but I could go over that way if they have them, can you post back if/when you see it?

mooslug
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by mooslug » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:05 pm

I can confirm the Friends label in a local Target as well (Austin, TX - Four Points). It's a separate bin from the assortment bin. Attached a photo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wei11364
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by wei11364 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:59 am

mooslug wrote:I can confirm the Friends label in a local Target as well (Austin, TX - Four Points). It's a separate bin from the assortment bin. Attached a photo.
Thank you! It has the DPCI # on it! :-D

dehnehsu
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by dehnehsu » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:17 am

Here's 30105 purchased at our Mountain View, Calif. Target. $3.99
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:19 am

dehnehsu wrote:Here's 30105 purchased at our Mountain View, Calif. Target. $3.99
was that the only friends polybag available?
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

dehnehsu
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by dehnehsu » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:34 am

ncbarrett wrote:
was that the only friends polybag available?

Yes it was. Our Target is pretty sparse in the Valentine section. I was surprised they had the Friends set so early.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:12 am

Thanks to mooslug and ncbarrett (in the Friends Summer thread) for posting the dpci. I was able to locate them today at Stoughton, MA. I didn't see them in the Valentine section so I punched in the dpci and printed a slip. I asked an employee in toys if he could check the stockroom for me and he found a box of 50. I'm not 100% sure where they will end up though since there was no tag in valentines area. The receipt lists the dept as "toys/sporting goods", not "seasonal" so I wonder if they will go on clearance on 2/15?

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Post by UnknownUser » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:46 pm

So basically there are no new polys besides from the Friends one?

I'll try to wait for them to go clearanced (since we've been spoiled by them recently). But then again at my Target seasonal polys go REALLY fast, so basically by the time clearance comes they are long gone.

kayt528
I'm New !

Post by kayt528 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:54 pm

I am hoping my Target is "late" on putting these out... I've been to 3 stores looking for it and I have yet to find it. Would the DCPI code be the same for all target stores?

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:01 pm

My targets do not have this poly in stock, nor do they even have a place for it saved in the Valentine's section... All they got is the random polybags.

I would gladly pay/trade someone if they would pick 2 of them up for me. Lots to trade, lemme know if your willing and able.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:32 pm

I went back to Target to try and pick up a few more bags and at the store where the employee got out a box from the stockroom, I couldn't find them anywhere! The scanner said there were still some in the stockroom, but I didn't want to ask again, I'll have to check back again. Is it possible he put them back in the stockroom? I doubt they sold out.

I went to another store that also says they have inventory in the stockroom, with none one the floor I'm not sure what they are waiting for to put them out! Although if there is a chance they would go on clearance, I guess it would be better if they didn't get put out until later. ;-)
kayt528 wrote:I am hoping my Target is "late" on putting these out... I've been to 3 stores looking for it and I have yet to find it. Would the DCPI code be the same for all target stores?
The number should be the same.

Venvoi
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Venvoi » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:26 pm

Luciant wrote:My targets do not have this poly in stock, nor do they even have a place for it saved in the Valentine's section... All they got is the random polybags.

I would gladly pay/trade someone if they would pick 2 of them up for me. Lots to trade, lemme know if your willing and able.
None of the Targets in my area are even gonna carry these either. I'm kind of annoyed as it's the only Friends set I'm interested in. :crazy: