[USA] Series 6 Minifigures Available Online at TRU

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

[USA] Series 6 Minifigures Available Online at TRU

Post by Zeya » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:58 am

You can now order the series 6 packets online from Toys R Us. It's in stock for shipping. The bad news is that they're charging $3.50 when MSRP is $2.99.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... FindSrc=rv

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: [USA] Series 6 Minifigures Available Online at TRU

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:16 am

they did with other series as well.
if you do $10 off $50 and buy 15 of them, youll get them for $2.83 each
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:22 am

ncbarrett wrote:they did with other series as well.
if you do $10 off $50 and buy 15 of them, youll get them for $2.83 each
I'm not seeing that when I put them in my cart. I'm not so sure they're doing that this time around.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:03 pm

EDIT: I'm wrong here. Read next post below...
----
Oh I see what you mean now. If you buy exactly 15, then that is the threshold to trigger $10 off the order, which brings the unit price down to 2.83. *forehead slap*
Last edited by Zeya on Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cjeremydriver
I'm New !

Post by cjeremydriver » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:17 pm

The terms and conditions of these kinds of sales usually state that the discount will be deducted from one item. So, if you order 15 minifigs, you get one free minifig. You only get the full $10 off if you have an item in your cart that is at least $10. For this promotion, when I add 15 to my cart, it gives me one free one, and 14 at $3.49.

kevin7215
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by kevin7215 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:40 pm

Just ordered 12 of these and LEGO Super Heroes The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape (6857) to get free shipping. It is listed at 44.99, but with the coupon it will drop it to 34.99. Then I can always return the 12 that I get......

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Src=search

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:47 pm

cjeremydriver wrote:The terms and conditions of these kinds of sales usually state that the discount will be deducted from one item. So, if you order 15 minifigs, you get one free minifig. You only get the full $10 off if you have an item in your cart that is at least $10. For this promotion, when I add 15 to my cart, it gives me one free one, and 14 at $3.49.
Confirmed. They do either $10 off your highest-priced item or the full price off your highest priced item if it costs less than $10. Bummer. :-|

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:49 pm

kevin7215 wrote:Just ordered 12 of these and LEGO Super Heroes The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape (6857) to get free shipping. It is listed at 44.99, but with the coupon it will drop it to 34.99. Then I can always return the 12 that I get......

Beware! If you return the 12 packets, they will deduct that $10 from the return value. Trust me on this. If you do a partial return with these types of sales, they won't let you keep that extra savings money.

kevin7215
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by kevin7215 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:08 pm

Zeya wrote:
kevin7215 wrote:Just ordered 12 of these and LEGO Super Heroes The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape (6857) to get free shipping. It is listed at 44.99, but with the coupon it will drop it to 34.99. Then I can always return the 12 that I get......

Beware! If you return the 12 packets, they will deduct that $10 from the return value. Trust me on this. If you do a partial return with these types of sales, they won't let you keep that extra savings money.

If I did 10, then my total would be 51.99. Probably better to do it that way. I don't like to return things, but Toysrus jacks up the prices anyway.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:05 am

Wow what an annoying way to run the $10 off $50! So since someone wants a bunch of smaller $ items, the discount doesn't apply in full, that is just frustrating. I'm hating TRU more and more everyday!

The "nicer" way to run it is to give $10 off $50 and just prorate the $10 over the entire purchase, so if you return something you don't forfeit the full $10. Anyway, TRU must be catching on on how to drive away customers or something!

I don't forsee me buying much from TRU in the future.

pushpin
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by pushpin » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:17 pm

atmail35 wrote:Wow what an annoying way to run the $10 off $50! So since someone wants a bunch of smaller $ items, the discount doesn't apply in full, that is just frustrating. I'm hating TRU more and more everyday!

The "nicer" way to run it is to give $10 off $50 and just prorate the $10 over the entire purchase, so if you return something you don't forfeit the full $10. Anyway, TRU must be catching on on how to drive away customers or something!

I don't forsee me buying much from TRU in the future.
Unfortunately, savvy LEGO collectors are probably a slim minority in TRU's clientele. They are driving away customers but just the smart, bargain-hunting or at least value-conscious shoppers. They still have more naive customers that are easily duped by sale signs and inflated prices, willing to hand of wads of cash in order to appease their screaming children; these folks probably create a bigger chunk of their revenue. They can afford to lose customers like us.. hopefully LEGO doesn't take on the same philosophy or other retailers like Target capture a bigger piece of the market and start offering a larger selection of LEGO at retail or sale prices. Boo, TRU.

brickcollectors
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by brickcollectors » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:21 pm

Has anyone found the series 6 minifigs in their local TRU? I don't live near a LEGO store, and I'm starting to think it might be worth it to move closer to one :)

willu707
I'm New !

Post by willu707 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:58 am

brickcollectors wrote:Has anyone found the series 6 minifigs in their local TRU? I don't live near a LEGO store, and I'm starting to think it might be worth it to move closer to one :)
My local store had some yesterday, my wife was able to get 6 of them. But they were sold out very quickly after putting them out on the floor, and I dont live in a major city (Santa Rosa, CA). We got 2 genies, a highland battler, roman soldier, minotaur and a leprachaun. Anyone wanna trade for the Genie? LoL.

pushpin
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by pushpin » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:09 pm

Has anyone seen series 6 CMFs in any TRU in Southern California? Between my boyfriend and I, we still have wads of TRU rewards to burn through

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:29 am

found 1 box at a TRU in SE MI.
Got 2 robots, 3 space girls for myself.
and 1 bot, butcher and mechanic for my Father in law (he actually found 2 of the robots)

Felt plenty of romans.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Selby-Tiger
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Selby-Tiger » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:46 pm

brickcollectors wrote:Has anyone found the series 6 minifigs in their local TRU? I don't live near a LEGO store, and I'm starting to think it might be worth it to move closer to one :)
No S6 minifigs, no Dino, no City Forest, etc. Just jacked up prices. I feel bad for those who don't have too many options, but I agree - B OOOOOO - TRU!!!!