Series 6 - Available January 9, 2012

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
pushpin
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Series 6 - Available January 9, 2012

Post by pushpin » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:14 am

slacker wrote:I got a couple when they came out a few days earlier at the Lego store. I'm still waiting for TRU to have a BOGO50 since I still have $70 worth of rewards coupon. come on TRU!!!!
Are you talking about the 10% holiday rewards? Didn't those expire on 1/13 and 1/28?

Legolas
I'm New !

Post by Legolas » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:05 pm

Found a box at the TRU Express at Brentwood Mall in Burnaby, B.C. on Sunday. Were about 10 left when I was done. Got about 12/16. Checked Walmart Lougheed Mall on Saturday evening and there was no sign of series 6 minifigs yet. Interestingly they are keeping the TRU Express open at Brentwood at least until next January. The one at Lougheed mall is already closed.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:42 pm

Does anyone have a guess as to when series 6 might show up for online purchase at MSRP? Maybe from Amazon or Target?

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:16 pm

Zeya wrote:Does anyone have a guess as to when series 6 might show up for online purchase at MSRP? Maybe from Amazon or Target?
To the best of my knowledge, none of the previous CMF series were available at Target---only in-store. Same with amazon.com proper, although you can find them on amazon marketplace from 3rd party sellers. For single packs, lego.com and tru.com are the primary source. Other options might be available too, like entertainment earth, but likely not at MSRP.

I think the best option to get individual series 6 at MSRP or below is bricklink.

legogod
Knight
Knight

Post by legogod » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:27 am

I received the box I had ordered in the mail today and over the course of a couple hours felt out the three sets and change. When I received my box, three packages had slipped out of place and come to rest on top of the other packages. I counted out each row and found where they went by their orientation - but I am not 100 percent sure- so please be careful. Here is how I found my box to be set up:

1st row (all the way to the left/ back to front):
20. Sleepy Guy
19. Mechanic
18. Statue of Liberty
17. Alien
16. Alien
15. Alien
14. Roman Soldier
13. Sleepy Guy
12. Statue of Liberty
11. Leprechaun
10. Gladiator
9. Leprechaun
8. Statue of Liberty
7. Roman Soldier
6. Mechanic
5. Intergalactic Girl
4. Intergalactic Girl
3. Leprechaun
2. Genie
1. Sleepy Guy

Middle Row: (Back to Front)

40. Robot
39. Flamenco Dancer
38. Alien
37. Gladiator
36. Doctor
35. Gladiator
34. Doctor
33. Minotaur
32. Gladiator
31. Skater Chick
30. Roman Soldier
29. Genie
28. Intergalactic Girl
27. Intergalactic Girl
26. Doctor
25. Mechanic
24. Robot
23. Skater Chick
22. Skater Chick
21. Flamenco Dancer

3rd row (all the way to the right / back to front):

60. Skater Chick
59. Minotaur
58. Bandit
57. Robot
56. Leprechaun
55. Bandit
54. Butcher
53. Minotaur
52. Butcher
51. Genie
50. Bandit
49. Gladiator
48. Mechanic
47. Flamenco Dancer
46. Flamenco Dancer
45. Bandit
44. Butcher
43. Minotaur
42. Minotaur
41. Bandit

SO:

Sleepy guy-3x
Mechanic-4x
Statue of Liberty-3x
Alien-4x
Roman Soldier-3x
Leprechaun-4x
Gladiator-5x
Intergalactic Girl-4x
Genie-3x
Robot-3x
Flamenco Dancer-4x
Doctor-3x
Minotaur-5x
Skater Chick-4x
Bandit-5x
Butcher-3x

When I was feeling the packages- in the comfort of my own home for the first time- I
found some pieces that each one has that differentiates them from the others.

Doctor- feel for the 2x2 tile
Bandit- guns (feel a bit like minotaur horns to me) then bandana - you can stick your
finger between the back and front
Minotaur-one of the three Harry Potter wand figures. Head piece is bulkier than
Intergalactic Girl or Alien
Butcher-Hat feels like the new 1x1 tiles. Cleaver and meat unique pieces to feel
for.
Flamenco Dancer- one of two dress bricks in this series. Feel the dress then feel for
a fan.
Mechanic- wrench. Almost feels like the wand. If you have trouble the wrench tapers
at the end and the mechanic has a weird rectangular toolbox.
Gladiator- round shield first (there's nothing else like it in this series. If you get the
long hair first it could be Intergalactic Girl.
Genie-this one is weird. The piece to feel for is the "legs." Two studs on top and a
curve to the end. Lamp feels weird and might be mistaken for something else. This
one is tricky.
Leprechaun- 1x1 plate. Only one in the series that has this piece.
Robot- The key on his back is unique but sort of feels like a fan or something else
small. The 90 degree piece that goes around the neck is the piece to feel for.
Skater Chick- Skateboard. I had a tough time with her as the skateboard always was
tucked behind the display plate. If you can feel the wheels too, there's nothing else
like it in this series either.
Roman Soldier- feel for the shield - it is rounded, sort of large and has a handle. The
spear is good too but I never found it first.
Alien-Has no stud on the head and it feels slightly enlarged. I thought it was a pot of
gold once. Feel for the wand piece and you'll know it's one of the three.
Sleepy Guy- I had the most frustrating experience feeling for this guy. The bear is the
piece to feel for but the arms are so small that when you feel it the first time you
move on to another piece because it doesn't feel like anything. I really had to grasp
the package to feel the arms on the bear.
Statue of Liberty- Big dress brick then 1x2 tile.
Intergalactic Girl- the wand piece then feel for the visor.

Well, I hope this helps somebody.
Jared

FireWolf
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by FireWolf » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:47 pm

legogod, is this the US or Europe version? I have a box from Amazon France coming. :)

legogod
Knight
Knight

Post by legogod » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:39 pm

This was the US version. I am pretty sure the European version has a different layout. Just be careful when feeling for the doctor (if you are feeling). Too much and it will scratch the image on the x-ray.

EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH4cS0RJtXs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I believe this is the European version. Since it was recorded back in December things might have changed since then. It has a totally different layout than the box I got.

Jared

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:05 am

Yeah. I just bought a box at TRU during 2 for $5, and my sealed box was totally different from what is posted above.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

legogod
Knight
Knight

Post by legogod » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:06 am

You've intrigued me-how was it different? Did you get the same breakdown for minifigs and they were just arranged differently?

The production runs for these must be shorter or they have an A, B, C pattern to spice things up in the boxes. Now I just feel weird to have spent the time only to find that it's basically worthless. Oh well-I had fun.

Jared

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:01 pm

The breakdown was ultimately the same. Just the placement of them was totally different. For example, not 1 of my rows began or ended with a Robot, and my 3rd row started with a Genie.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.