Why No Good LEGO Deals for Amazon Canada?

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Legobrandon
Count
Count

Why No Good LEGO Deals for Amazon Canada?

Post by Legobrandon » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:44 pm

When? I'm tired of seeing these amazing deals, that I cannot be apart of. :sad: Why can't Amazon.ca stock LEGO and have these awesome deals too?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Why No Good LEGO Deals for Amazon Canada?

Post by Ice » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:51 pm

I agree that Amazon.ca should start carring LEGO. Some sets from Amazon.com can be shipped outside of US (like the Skull Truck). Though, Amazon charges a premium for shipping to Canada making the deal not worth it no matter how good the deal is. International gets a cheap shipping rate however.

My suggestion is to use a third party shipping carrier OR ship it to Point Roberts instead. I do that sometimes when I see a good US deal.

Absolutely stupid how they can offer free shipping to Point Roberts but charge us $35.95 to ship to Canada. Bear in mind that the delivery trucks goes to Richmond first for processing. So really, it should cost more to ship to Point Roberts than Richmond, Surrey, Vancouver etc, not the other way around. :roll:
Point Roberts USA.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Re: Why no good deals for Amazon Canada?

Post by Legobrandon » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:12 am

I go to Point Roberts every other week to get cheap gas! I was just there 2 days ago. LOL Bring with me a few gas cans and I am done for the week! There are two companies that operate there (Point2Point and The Letter Carrier) Both have the same $3.50 per package fee for boxes under 25 pounds. Might try that out sometime, but you must declare your item at border, or else...

autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by autobrick » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:19 pm

Amazon.ca not selling Lego is really quite a shame. If they did, I think they could be pretty competitive with Canadian retailers, and free shipping at $25 is very nice.

Does anybody have any idea why Amazon.com doesn't sell Lego internationally? Is it possible that TLC told them not to so they could easily maintain their price discrimination policy? It's a conspiracy, I tell you!

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:05 pm

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I am considering weather or not I should order from Amazon.com and then ship it to Pt. Roberts. But then again, I will be charged a currency exchange fee which might ruin the deal. So my question is, is there a way to dodge the currency exchange fee from Visa, MasterCard... etc.?

striderhiryu
Citizen
Citizen

Post by striderhiryu » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:00 pm

I keep a USD balance with a USD Visa, haven't used for it for lego yet though.

The deal doesn't sound that good if exchange rate is the killer though. :eh:

countryboy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by countryboy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:09 pm

We are soo close to par that i really can't see the variance being a deal breaker?? I buy almost all my lego state side and ship it. I am about 25 minutes from the US border in upstate NY. I ship it to a UPS store that caters to Cdn's like me who want to take advantage of the huge price variance. A club i am part of (LEGO unrelated) actually has a box there that i pay to be a part of. So, i ship it there (Typically for free shipping) and just drive down and get it. The only thing i ever pays is the taxes when i cross and i declare everything.... So, when i am shopping i compare the cost in US VS the cost in CA. I don't take into acct the taxes as i will pay the 13% in either case. Shipping's usually free, the UPS box has already been taken care of so i have no other fees (Other than a bridge toll but i have a frequent card that makes the crossing much cheaper)... The different is usually anywhere from 20-30% cheaper. Then when you have a BOGO or the likes, it is much more so less expensive!!!!

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:10 am

The exchange rate only works out to be a few dollars (depending on how much you spend, of course), so it's far from being a deal breaker. The difference in US/CAN retail price alone saves you a good amount of money, and even more so with all the promos US stores always seem to have. I think the only things you really have to take into consideration are customs fees, gas, and the time it takes to drive across the border.

kokot
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by kokot » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:16 pm

Is Amazon Canada the only amazon store in the world not to sell Lego??

pbb99
Knight
Knight

Post by pbb99 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:48 pm

Ordering from Amazon.com and shipping to Point Roberts is well worth it. I use TSB Shipping. Toys R Us.com will also ship to the 3rd party package handlers. Not sure about Walmart.com yet. Just don't use the Lego Store for shipping to Point Roberts as they will no longer ship to the package handlers. Same with Target.

Dunno if Amazon.ca is the only one to not sell Lego, but it's gotta be close. Amazon.ca is almost useless except for books.