TJ Maxx has PoP, Atlantis, Bionicle, Racers

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
jsnweitzel
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

TJ Maxx has PoP, Atlantis, Bionicle, Racers

Post by jsnweitzel » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:57 pm

FYI - my local TJ Maxx had some Prince of Persia, Atlantis, Bionicle and Racers sets. Not sure what the prices were cause I was in a hurry. Probably a small discount now. Keep this in mind for after-holiday clearance perhaps?

cowbug
Knight
Knight

Re: TJ Maxx has PoP, Atlantis, Bionicle, Racers

Post by cowbug » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:02 pm

I also saw some toy story and kingdoms. Woodys round up was $40, mill village raid was $50. Most stuff was slightly discounted, like 10-20% some were at MSRP.

sydra
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sydra » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:02 pm

You never know what you'll find in a TJ Maxx(or Marshall's). Saw a Hyena Droid Bomber in there a few weeks ago. They'll randomly drop prices on them too, but that probably won't happen until after Christmas. The rest of the year you can occasionally find things 60-80% off MSRP if you get lucky.

CrazyRus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by CrazyRus » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:02 pm

Awesome deal. "TJMaxx has Legos"

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:42 am

Saw a few the other day: PoP and Creator small set. They were about a dollar off MRP- enough to "stop" and look but not enough to buy.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:23 am

Yeah, this isn't really a "sales and deals" topic, more an "availability" topic. As such... Moved.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:10 pm

I'm curious, why isn't it a sale topic? TJ Maxx is a liquidator. They buy up old product and sell it at a discount.

For the Creator mini sets, while $1 off a $6 MSRP might not seem like much, it's still a 17% discount. $40 for Woody's Roundup is 20% off the $50 MSRP. $9 for an $11 PoP set is a 19% discount.

These may not be as much as some deals on here, but they are better than paying above MSRP for sets such as these that are on their way out. I've never seen any sets at TJ Maxx at or above MSRP, they are always discounted, generally 15%-25% off MSRP.

To me, that's a deal, especially if it's the only way to find some of these older sets that the bix boxes are no longer carrying.

Also, keep an eye on TJ Maxx/Marshalls over the next 2 weeks. Last year, my wife was doing some shopping a few days before Christmas and TJ Maxx had just gotten in a bunch of LEGO Star Wars and Atlantis sets, all about 25% off MSRP... I'm hoping that happens again because they were some great deals on sets that were never seen again since they were end of life.