[US/CA] 2012 SETS ON S@H

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

[US/CA] 2012 SETS ON S@H

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:35 pm

all the sets TRU had online are now available for shipping on s@h.

USA | Canada

happy shopping
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: [US/CA] 2012 SETS ON S@H

Post by vynsane » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:07 pm

This makes so much more sense, financially, than releasing them in January - why not jump on the holiday hype?
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

FireWolf
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by FireWolf » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:15 pm

Also spend $99 and get free ship + shadow arf trooper with code 4TBB (US) / TBBO (CA).

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:23 pm

vynsane wrote:This makes so much more sense, financially, than releasing them in January - why not jump on the holiday hype?
agrees.
I know they just got $100 of my cash. :geek:
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:49 pm

I'm not seeing the 2012 Ninjago however. It's just City and Dino, correct?

mah4546
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mah4546 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:40 pm

sidersdd wrote:I'm not seeing the 2012 Ninjago however. It's just City and Dino, correct?
And Creator. They are also at brand stores as of this past Monday.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:20 pm

$24 CDN on the new city vehicles. Not bad. But I am going to wait until TRU gets them, and then wait until they go on sale.

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:38 pm

Legobrandon wrote:$24 CDN on the new city vehicles. Not bad. But I am going to wait until TRU gets them, and then wait until they go on sale.
+1 at least BOGO 1/2 :lol:

sidersdd wrote:I'm not seeing the 2012 Ninjago however. It's just City and Dino, correct?
Nya is in the Ambulance City set

toyz4me
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by toyz4me » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:54 pm

Good news all around. Not letting TRU get all the sales $$$ for early 2012 releases )))

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:40 pm

toyz4me wrote:Good news all around. Not letting TRU get all the sales $$$ for early 2012 releases )))
This is exactly what they told me at the LEGO store today. TLG decided to release early to stick it to TRU. They also said that they will only be for a limited time. Whatever stock they have right now is what they will have for the year. Once they run out they won't sell them again until January. They estimated two weeks of stock.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:03 pm

sidersdd wrote:
toyz4me wrote:Good news all around. Not letting TRU get all the sales $$$ for early 2012 releases )))
This is exactly what they told me at the LEGO store today. TLG decided to release early to stick it to TRU.
That doesn't even make sense. LEGO tells TRU when the product can go out, if it goes out early than the computer flags you when you try to buy the sets early. I think even the LEGO Group said they release some sets early as a test run to see how many of a set they will need to make.

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:35 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:
sidersdd wrote:
This is exactly what they told me at the LEGO store today. TLG decided to release early to stick it to TRU.
That doesn't even make sense. LEGO tells TRU when the product can go out, if it goes out early than the computer flags you when you try to buy the sets early. I think even the LEGO Group said they release some sets early as a test run to see how many of a set they will need to make.
What computer flags you? I was able to order Dino Ambush Attack from TRU.com. Shipped and received.

The LEGO store employees were essentially saying the word they heard was that TLG was fed up with TRU and Target releasing products early, despite their instructions to not sell until X date. This happened recently with Black Pearl at Target as well. Once Target started selling them the LEGO Brand Retail stores started selling them immediately - almost a month earlier than their scheduled plans.

How much does it hurt TRU sales by selling before them? Dunno. Why don't they do this in the first place and just not ship product to the retailers until later? Dunno. Do the store employees have the complete story? Probably not from what I understand is communicated to them.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:54 am

Now with all the other releases, why won't they 'release' the Kingdoms Joust set yet... disappointing.
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:55 am

harry99 wrote:Now with all the other releases, why won't they 'release' the Kingdoms Joust set yet... disappointing.
they have to have some anticipation. :mrgreen:

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:02 am

ncbarrett wrote:
harry99 wrote:Now with all the other releases, why won't they 'release' the Kingdoms Joust set yet... disappointing.
they have to have some anticipation. :mrgreen:
True enough! The one set I really can't wait to have... they know how to tease folks... :clap:
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

TClone
Knight
Knight

Post by TClone » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:23 am

What about the Ninjago, Superheroes and Star Wars January sets?

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:42 am

sidersdd wrote:
The LEGO store employees were essentially saying the word they heard was that TLG was fed up with TRU and Target releasing products early, despite their instructions to not sell until X date. This happened recently with Black Pearl at Target as well. Once Target started selling them the LEGO Brand Retail stores started selling them immediately - almost a month earlier than their scheduled plans.

How much does it hurt TRU sales by selling before them? Dunno. Why don't they do this in the first place and just not ship product to the retailers until later? Dunno. Do the store employees have the complete story? Probably not from what I understand is communicated to them.
Still makes no sense being that LEGO has been releasing the new year sets early for the last 5-6 years. I got the crappy $30 fire station in 2005 right around this time.

Lego is a company that gets pictures of the sets taken down within hours because they don't want other companies seeing them. If they didn't want Target or TRU releasing the sets early they easily have the power to stop them. They can send a letter threatening to sue, or easiest of them all, don't send them any new LEGO products. If LEGO has an issue with companies releasing sets too earlier than just don't ship the sets out two months early.

To me this is just the normal, some sets have been released early the last several years. In store at TRU the new sets are red flagged if you try buying them before the release date, LEGO was a really big stickler about that last year with the Ninjago sets.

indianateach
I'm New !

Post by indianateach » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:37 pm

Lego would not ship TRU the sets if they wanted a time delay on sales. Stores dont have much inventory storage space and asides from a few boxes of material, most shipments arrive "just in time" to save stores the massive costs of storing material.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:42 am

indianateach wrote:Lego would not ship TRU the sets if they wanted a time delay on sales. Stores dont have much inventory storage space and asides from a few boxes of material, most shipments arrive "just in time" to save stores the massive costs of storing material.
I agree - all business as usual... they want to catch the christmas sales with the new sets... major money maker. After all LEGO isn't an altruistic company - it's interested in making money (profit). All planned out... there are no 'accidents' or 'coincidences'...

Gr1226
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Gr1226 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:31 pm

Are the new sets available at Lego Brand stores?