[US] LEGO 2011 November Store Calendar

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

[US] LEGO 2011 November Store Calendar

Post by slacker » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:47 am

Picked this up tuesday during the monthly build. Op, feel free to remove it when you get a better scan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: [US] LEGO 2011 November Store Calendar

Post by vynsane » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:34 am

Thanks! Holiday freebie 2 of 2 with $99 purchase (as per the October calendar) AND the PaB box with $75 purchase is really enticing again... which sets get 50 bonus VIP points, does it say?
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:39 am

so, what's the holiday set really look like? i mean when combined both parts.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:17 pm

I have a question. I want to buy just the new Winter Post Office set, which costs $69.99 and should be just over $75 after tax. Would that purchase qualify for a PAB box?

Also, would it be better to buy in October with double VIP points or in November for the PAB box? By my rough calculation, a post office would translate to 7 or 8 dollars value of VIP points. Is a PAB box worth more than that? I've never seen one.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:15 pm

vynsane wrote:Thanks! Holiday freebie 2 of 2 with $99 purchase (as per the October calendar) AND the PaB box with $75 purchase is really enticing again... which sets get 50 bonus VIP points, does it say?
No it doesn't say.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:25 pm

Zeya wrote:I have a question. I want to buy just the new Winter Post Office set, which costs $69.99 and should be just over $75 after tax. Would that purchase qualify for a PAB box?

Also, would it be better to buy in October with double VIP points or in November for the PAB box? By my rough calculation, a post office would translate to 7 or 8 dollars value of VIP points. Is a PAB box worth more than that? I've never seen one.
I believe it depends on who is behind the counter. Some do it before tax. Some after. I have to check last year, it was one PaB per $75 spent. The ad says $75 or more and get free PaB.

I would wait until black Friday for the usual 10% off and a free holiday set. this way you get a free PaB.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:34 pm

Zeya wrote:I have a question. I want to buy just the new Winter Post Office set, which costs $69.99 and should be just over $75 after tax. Would that purchase qualify for a PAB box?

Tax usually does not factor into the purchase price for PAB boxes...but YMMV as the sales associate just puts the box in with your stuff and I can't be sure whether they factor in tax. You could pick up something small like a grab bag or key chain (or Holiday polybag which usually is $5) to get you over. I would take the Post Office to the counter, ask if you get the PAB box as they are ringing it in and if they say you are short you can add something on.

The PAB box is about the same size as the small PAB cup, which retails for 7.99, I believe. The large cup is $14.99. I'd say the "value" is around $8 give or take depending on how well you stuff it. Keep in mind you will get the 5% VIP value with the set in November so about $3.50 to use at a later date.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:37 pm

Sorry, slacker and I crossposted as I started typing and walked away for a few minutes without seeing his post....and yes, last year I spent over $300 on Black Friday and got 4 PAB boxes :) Not sure how that works this year, let me try and find last year's calendar.

ETA: I pulled the November and December 2010 and it says, "FREE Pick a Brick Box with a $75 Purchase". Same wording as above (it does not say over $75) for Nov/Dec 2011. SO I'm hoping we can get multiples.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:47 pm

Thanks for the calendar. Is the holiday set the same as the October one?
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3736" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:51 pm

Ice wrote:Thanks for the calendar. Is the holiday set the same as the October one?
Was wondering that too. I don't really get what they mean by 'part 2'

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:38 pm

My guess is it isn't the same set, but a second one that can be combined with the first one to form a larger scene.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Free Pick a Brick Box with $75 purchase

Post by unclephn » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:39 pm

I was able to pick up a calendar yesterday so I can try to post photos of it in the morning. For now, I'll list the upcoming promos/events for November.

November 1st to December 24th - As already mentioned, free Pick-A-Brick box with a $75 purchase between. Can be filled beginning December 26th.
November 1st - Free Monthly Mini Build is a model of a turkey (quite a nice build, actually!). Event begins at 5pm, limited to approx. 250 per store, while supplies last. Ages 6-14 only.
November 1st - the Black Pearl is 'officially' available!
November 4-6 - Lego Master Builder Event at Discover Mills in Lawrenceville, GA. A giant model of Spongebob Squarepants.
November 8-9 - Lego Club members get FREE Lego Signature Minifigure Playing Cards with a $25 purchase.
November 11-13 - Lego Master Builder Event at Downtown Disney in Orlando, FL. A giant model of Brickley.
November 22 - Lego MBA Tip of the Month is available.

And now, for the promo most (if not all) of us will be waiting for:
November 25-28 - FREE Limited Edition Holiday Set with a $99 purchase, while supplies last. This is the Part 2 to go along with the Part 1 that's available later this month, only this time, the set is a mystery! All they show is a picture a package wrapped up, with a '?' on it! Let the speculation begin!

Other things of note:
All month long - 'Earn 50 Bonus VIP Points on Select Lego Sets!', however, it's not listed anywhere what these particular sets are. Perhaps they don't want people to wait and hold back on any purchases if they know they can receive bonus points the following month. And considering it's double points for all of October, it would probably hurt the sales of those particular sets next month.
November 11 - Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 Video Game is available.
Coming in November (no specific date listed) - Two polybag sets available: 40022 Mini Santa Set (which features three brick-built Santas, one with a sled, one with a snowboard, and one on a pair of skis), and 40024 Christmas Tree (a brick-built Christmas tree with a few presents underneath).

I think that's everything. Again, I'll try to post some pics in the morning!

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Free Pick a Brick Box with $75 purchase

Post by unclephn » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:51 pm

And of course I notice afterwards, but slacker has posted pics in the Retailers Discussion Forum!

zdog89
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by zdog89 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:52 pm

Ice wrote:Thanks for the calendar. Is the holiday set the same as the October one?
I'm thinking that the picture shows both parts possibly. Or maybe it's another part of the room. Like a fireplace or something.
-Chris

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:45 pm

unclephn wrote:And of course I notice afterwards, but slacker has posted pics in the Retailers Discussion Forum!
Thanks, your post has been merged to the LEGO calendar topic.

Oboe
I'm New !

Post by Oboe » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:58 pm

I found the uk version of the calendar and it shows both part 1 and part 2 of the Free Holiday sets.

Cindy

http://cache.lego.com/upload/contentTem ... 661B84.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:13 pm

Oboe wrote:I found the uk version of the calendar and it shows both part 1 and part 2 of the Free Holiday sets.

Cindy

http://cache.lego.com/upload/contentTem ... 661B84.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for that! I'm sure it will be the same for both the UK and the US. But is spending $200+ on LEGO just to get these two freebies worth it? :eh:

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:44 am

^ I think it's definitely worth it this month with the 2xVIP points. Next month, well, they've already hooked me with part 1, can't not get part 2 ;-)

Seriously, it comes down to personal priorities. These sets are likely never to be released through any other avenue, so to me it's worth the money to have them.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:58 pm

not worth it imo. plain boy with no prints and yet another plain santa. why not give him the new cmf beard and nice torso print? how about a new hat, maybe even the cmf gnome's, but no....let's stick to the old red rag wrap. nice fireplace and christmas tree and all but you can just as easily build it from parts. double vip points is just 5% off. i'm keeping my money. i'm not blinded by anything stamped with "limited quantity" gimmick.

FireWolf
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by FireWolf » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:43 pm

Wonder what the black friday deal will be this year.