Noticed lack of POTC QAR at Lego store

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Noticed lack of POTC QAR at Lego store

Post by Zeya » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:20 pm

I was at a Lego brand store today (Santa Clara, CA). Now, I'm notorious for missing things that are right in front of my face, so I could be wrong here... In the front corner of the store was a POTC section. They had Whitecap Bay, Captains Cabin, Fountain of Youth, and the new battlepacks for sure. They probably had all the other sets too... Except... The one set I was looking for was the Queen Anne's Revenge. I did not see it there. And that seems strange to me, especially since they sell it on S@H.

Again, I could have just missed it, or it was on the other side of the store. Can anyone else say if they've seen it or have noted its absence at a brand store?

This is me on the lookout for this set since being left in the cold by B&N and their bogus preorder racket. I'll get it one day; I'm just biding my time.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Re: Noticed lack of POTC QAR at Lego store

Post by atmail35 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:35 pm

I have noticed it has been out of stock at my store on and off since it was released. In fact, when I was there last week it was sold out again. I'm not sure who is buying all these QAR sets.

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:49 am

There were lots at the Mall of America store yesterday. I've been there the past two weekends (just got lucky, had to be in the Twin Cities two weekends in a row) and it was insanely busy both days (Saturdays). I just could not believe all the people buying huge amounts of Lego.

chris2348
Peasant
Peasant

Post by chris2348 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:13 pm

My store, Northbrook, IL did not have any either. :eh:

DadsAFOL
Citizen
Citizen

Post by DadsAFOL » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:05 am

FYI, if the LEGO Store is out of stock on a product in current release, they will usually give you free shipping to order online. They have a special link to S@H that allows them to override the shipping cost. You still have to wait for it, but at least you don't spend any more than you would if you bought it in store.
Build with confidence by buying parts from our BrickLink store at http://www.DadsAFOL.com. Only store with instant shipping and payment options!

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:23 pm

Stopped by the store by me last week and they had them. Also had the SSD set available and build for display.