[USA] Amazon Kingdoms 2010 Advent Calendar $37.99

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[USA] Amazon Kingdoms 2010 Advent Calendar $37.99

Post by Toys N Bricks » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:29 am

Update: Advent Calendar is now sold out. However, the 2010 City Advent Calendar is still available for $37.15. -Ice

If you missed out on the 2010 Kingdoms Advent Calendar, you can find it on Amazon for $37.99, free shipping and no tax in most states.  MSRP was $34.99.  Just a reminder that Amazon prices can fluctuate frequently so get it while you can.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/usa-amazon-kingd ... -shipping/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [USA] Amazon Kingdoms 2010 Advent Calendar $37.99

Post by SpaceViking » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:38 pm

and.... its gone again. lowest price is now $49 from a third party seller.

The speculation can now begin: old stock found in the warehouse? or a re-release?

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:40 pm

Hhmmm.. $48.99 as of now. I like this but only a few of the minifigs like the queen, the prince, and the wizard all else I have thru MMV and other kingdoms sets.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:41 pm

SH1 wrote:and.... its gone again. lowest price is now $49 from a third party seller.

The speculation can now begin: old stock found in the warehouse? or a re-release?
when I clicked it, it wasnt sold by Amazon but a third party seller at the price listed.
so my guess someone found some old stock.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:15 pm

They do have the CITY 2010 calendar for $37.15(third party seller) but has free shipping.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:19 pm

Crap! Back up to $49. I should have known better and ordered it immediately. Maybe it'll come around again.

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:48 pm

I wish LEGO would re-release, but I doubt that is going to happen since they've never done it before. This set disappeared quickly out of the nearest LEGO store to me (Mall of America), I remember they didn't have it when I made a trip out that way well before Christmas.

Both my 5 year old son and 3 year old daughter love LEGO, but this year's City Advent is lame with the police, my daughter wouldn't be in to that (but liked last year's calendar with the family theme). My son will like the Star Wars calendar this year, but it wouldn't be fair for one kid to have one and not the other now that my daughter is old enough for LEGO too.

I don't know why LEGO couldn't re-release this set, the calendars aren't tied to any particular year, you could use them any year. Now that I think of it... I know of one old out of the way small town department store that had a few old LEGO City Calendars the last time I was there. I might have to make a road trip and see if they still have them.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:26 pm

meyerc13 wrote: Now that I think of it... I know of one old out of the way small town department store that had a few old LEGO City Calendars the last time I was there. I might have to make a road trip and see if they still have them.
By "old LEGO City Calendars", do you mean the 2010 City Advent Calendar? I picked up one from my local TRU about 3 months ago. I think they still had them as of recent, so why don't you check your TRUs? I think it was pretty much full MSRP when I bought it, but we wanted it anyway for this Christmas. I'll just scribble a "1" over the "0" to make it "2011".

I was of course hoping to find the Kingdoms advent calendar, but like you said, I guess it was a shorter run or snapped up more quickly. Too bad there isn't one for this year.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:49 pm

I managed to get one of the Kingdoms ones from Amazon and then let Ice know about it and they are gone already! There were only 8 left after I checked out. I hope some folks here got them.

We are a year behind on the City one. We did the 2008 in 2009 and the 2009 in 2010. I have the 2010 City one for this year. My 6 year old loves the advent calendar.

I'd like the Pirates calendar but that's from 2009. I absolutely agree that they should release these themes again. Has it been confirmed for sure that they are only doing the City and SW ones?

meyerc13, if you get the SW one for your son, you could consider a Playmobil one for your daughter. We had one a few years ago and it has gotten a lot of use. The only thing that I don't like about the playmobil one is that the "playset" part is cardboard. They retail for about $20.

http://store.playmobilusa.com/on/demand ... 4161&cgid=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is this year's model.

aaronptrck
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by aaronptrck » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:59 pm

Yup, I got one! Thanks for letting me know about this!

Ya know (I'm sure nobody cares about my problems :p) But right after Christmas they had this set under the Sales and Deals... And the classic "Should I buy it?" came upon my mind... When I decided to buy it... GONE. It was nice to get it now (the amount that I paid was still less than if there would have been tax+shipping). I learned now that if I want something... BUY IT! The set may be gone in a matter of minutes.... or seconds!! :p

atmail35 wrote:I managed to get one of the Kingdoms ones from Amazon and then let Ice know about it and they are gone already! There were only 8 left after I checked out. I hope some folks here got them.

We are a year behind on the City one. We did the 2008 in 2009 and the 2009 in 2010. I have the 2010 City one for this year. My 6 year old loves the advent calendar.

I'd like the Pirates calendar but that's from 2009. I absolutely agree that they should release these themes again. Has it been confirmed for sure that they are only doing the City and SW ones?

meyerc13, if you get the SW one for your son, you could consider a Playmobil one for your daughter. We had one a few years ago and it has gotten a lot of use. The only thing that I don't like about the playmobil one is that the "playset" part is cardboard. They retail for about $20.

http://store.playmobilusa.com/on/demand ... 4161&cgid=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is this year's model.

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:19 pm

Zeya wrote: By "old LEGO City Calendars", do you mean the 2010 City Advent Calendar?
No, I think it was either 2008 or 2006. The first advent calendar I purchased was the 2007, which I picked up a few years ago on ebay for less than $30 shipped. Last year I spotted some other old ones at an out of the way store that most people don't know about, but it wasn't the 2010 because I have that one so it must have been either 2009 or 2006.

koromo
Knight
Knight

Post by koromo » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:58 pm

wow, and I am not surprised of the quick turnover.
Lego Fan based in Seacoast Area of New Hampshire.