[CAN] New LEGO Brand Store in Fairview Mall - Toronto, ON

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[CAN] New LEGO Brand Store in Fairview Mall - Toronto, ON

Post by Toys N Bricks » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:48 pm

It looks like Canada's 3rd LEGO Brand Store will be opening in the province of Ontario again! The Fairview Mall site has listed LEGO as a "coming soon" store and will be opening on the lower level near the Food Garden.

There's no exact date on when the store is expected to open, but you can expect it to be opened before Christmas. Those from Toronto and Markham will definately prefer this location compared to Sherway Gardens due to the distance.

Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Re: [CAN] New LEGO Brand Store in Fairview Mall - Toronto, O

Post by Legobrandon » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:51 pm

Another one for Ontario? Nothing in Vancouver? :cry:

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:54 am

Sweet. My 30 minute drive to the Lego Store will now be a 10 minute drive!

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:15 pm

Cool, I'm on the 404 every day. I'll probably be taking the Sheppard exit more often. :D

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:39 pm

Legobrandon wrote:Another one for Ontario? Nothing in Vancouver? :cry:
I think they got scared off after the Stanley cup riots. Lego isn't stupid, they know the Leafs aren't going to win the cup any time this century so Toronto is a safe place to set up LEGO stores. :)
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:35 pm

I'm sure more are on the way. I was quite suprised that its in Toronto again, though, it does kinda make sense considering Toronto has 3 times the population compared to Vancouver.

I don't think we're missing much though considering we can get all our LEGO needs through Toys R Us, Zellers, and Wal-Mart. Having a LEGO Brand Store would be nice though.

BTW, I hope that the HST tax goes away. If it does, we may go back to having only to pay 5% GST (rather than 12% HST) from LEGOShop.com. :D

jhuynh
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jhuynh » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:51 pm

yea, they really should have one over here..

However, driving about 4-5 hours to Washington Square is also worth it. You're paying US MSRP prices and there's no tax in Oregon.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:26 am

Ice wrote:
I'm sure more are on the way. I was quite suprised that its in Toronto again, though, it does kinda make sense considering Toronto has 3 times the population compared to Vancouver.

I don't think we're missing much though considering we can get all our LEGO needs through Toys R Us, Zellers, and Wal-Mart. Having a LEGO Brand Store would be nice though.

BTW, I hope that the HST tax goes away. If it does, we may go back to having only to pay 5% GST (rather than 12% HST) from LEGOShop.com. :D
We are missing "Pick a Brick wall". It is a good deal if we could pack it well in the cup. I was so jealous someone in this forum picked up few horses from the wall.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:39 pm

I was suprised that the second toronto store would be in fairview mall considering IMO its now a second tier mall with its stores/offerings/old cinema and lego usually ends up in an upscale mall; however, its in a great central east location of toronto that others cannot match. Though I have seen lego stores in the states that were not in upscale mall; maybe they were at one time too. I am not complaining as this is alot closer to my home than sherway gardens.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:07 pm

ricefields wrote:I was suprised that the second toronto store would be in fairview mall considering IMO its now a second tier mall with its stores/offerings/old cinema and lego usually ends up in an upscale mall
Aside from the Eaton Center and Yorkdale, Fairview is the nicest mall in the city! Out of curiosity, when was the last time you've been there?

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:17 pm

last week actually - I admit a couple years back they upgraded by renovating the food court and cinema, the facade on sheppard with some new restaurants, and added some prime tenants like Apple. By no means is tier 2 dumpy. I should clarify that yorkdale and sherway are tops, followed by the second tier that consists of square one, fairview, markville, upper canada, etc

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:12 pm

Quick bump for those living near Toronto. Tommorow is the grand opening celebration (well today is, but there's no free stuff :lol: ). You can get some cool stuff when you are 1 of the 300 customers to spend $35 at the new LEGO Brand Store.
Fairview Mall
Centre Court

Friday, October 21: 11 am - 7 pm
Saturday, October 22: 10 am - 6 pm
Sunday, October 23: 11 am - 6 pm

On Saturday, October 22, be one of the first 300 customers to spend $35 in the LEGO Store and you'll receive an exclusive, limited edition LEGO Minifigure set!

On Sunday, October 23, the first 300 customers to spend $35 in the LEGO Store will receive an exclusive, limited-edition LEGO Minifigure t-shirt! Shirts are available in child sizes only.

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:13 am

Ice wrote:On Sunday, October 23, the first 300 customers to spend $35 in the LEGO Store will receive an exclusive, limited-edition LEGO Minifigure t-shirt! Shirts are available in child sizes only.
LEGO shows no love for AFOLs when it comes to shirts. :cry:

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:43 am

I went to the opening today. I arrived at 9:15. I should have left the house earlier...

The lines were long: :shock:

Nice to see some of the sets I assembled for the store display. That's how I was able to do all those reviews for the contest last month. :)

Build a Yoda:

The special mini-fig set:

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:06 am

:eek: Wow, that is a lot of people. By the way, how did LEGO contact you to build the sets for their store displays? I'm wondering because a guy on YouTube is also building store display models for an upcoming LEGO store in Florida.

Tomatoe
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Tomatoe » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:34 pm

That is a really really long lineup... I really like the figures so I'm sure the wait is worth it!

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:00 pm

Legobrandon wrote::eek: Wow, that is a lot of people. By the way, how did LEGO contact you to build the sets for their store displays? I'm wondering because a guy on YouTube is also building store display models for an upcoming LEGO store in Florida.
I believe Lego engage the local LUG when they have a new store opening in the area. They contacted us and gave a bunch of sets to complete before the soft opening. It was fun assembling sets in themes I would not normally buy.

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:57 pm

What is the closest TTC subway station to the Fairview store and then what bus to take that goes close to it?

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:44 am

r1chard wrote:What is the closest TTC subway station to the Fairview store and then what bus to take that goes close to it?
Don Mills station at the very east end of the Sheppard subway line takes you right to Fairview Mall.

LordBlade
I'm New !

Post by LordBlade » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:46 am

@dr_spock

Could you PM me here. I'd like to talk to you about your pictures.
Thanks.