[USA] ToysRUs Minifigs Series 5 Pre-Order

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
KyleJohnson11
Citizen
Citizen

[USA] ToysRUs Minifigs Series 5 Pre-Order

Post by KyleJohnson11 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:06 pm

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=11807192" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scheduled ship date is 8/16 and they are $2.99. Shipping prices seem reasonable compared to the Series 3 ones when they first came out.

Timetempest
Citizen
Citizen

Re: [USA] ToysRUs Minifigs Series 5 Pre-Order

Post by Timetempest » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:17 am

KyleJohnson11 wrote:http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=11807192

Scheduled ship date is 8/16 and they are $2.99. Shipping prices seem reasonable compared to the Series 3 ones when they first came out.

Series 3 came out close to Christmas and was $2.99 for the first week, then TRU jacked it up to $3.99. They do stuff like that every year during the holidays.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:41 am

i see quite a bit of buying fatique with the theme now. serie 2 was easily cleaned up but series 3 and 4 are now lingering in tru stores. granted tru is the only place you can buy them since walmart, target, 5below are all sold out still they have been sitting on the shelves in spite of the 3 consecutive bogo sales. in the past, they would have been wiped out by the first day of the first bogo sale.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:00 am

natelite wrote:... granted tru is the only place you can buy them...
They actually are still at my local Meijer and saw them at Borders this weekend.
:mrgreen:
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:28 am

ever since they closed down the borders near me, i've never bothered to drive 15+ miles one way to the nearest one just to check what they have. :P they also closed the store near where i work, so essentially i'm sool with regards to borders. i got borders prime too... but all i can do with it now is order some books for my wife and kids. :P

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:41 am

natelite wrote:i see quite a bit of buying fatique with the theme now. serie 2 was easily cleaned up but series 3 and 4 are now lingering in tru stores. granted tru is the only place you can buy them since walmart, target, 5below are all sold out still they have been sitting on the shelves in spite of the 3 consecutive bogo sales. in the past, they would have been wiped out by the first day of the first bogo sale.
I wouldn't call it buying fatigue. I think that Series 1 and 2 were so undersupplied that there wasn't enough product to meet demands. I think that has been fixed now, and TLG is meeting their goal of actually having collectible minifigures available for when people stop by. It seems they are doing 3 series a year (thank god it's not 4!), and they probably want the two most recent series available for people when they manage to swing by a store.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:57 am

Zeya wrote:.. and they probably want the two most recent series available for people when they manage to swing by a store.
Good point, the LEGO store did have both series when I was there a few weeks ago.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

drtabo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by drtabo » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:40 pm

I've only seen S4 at one of my local TRU's. The other two didn't have them, and I haven't seen S3 at all in the last 2 months. I haven't been to my lego store lately though. I'm in the SF Bay Area.

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:01 pm

Really? The TRU around here have like 5 boxes by the checkouts. I haven't seen S3 anywhere local(off-line) lately except @ the LEGO store and a few mom&pop places.

KyleJohnson11
Citizen
Citizen

Post by KyleJohnson11 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:03 am

Well everyone, with the Free Shipping for orders over $49 I pre-ordered a box of Series 5. I'll let you all know when it comes!

Kyle

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:54 am

KyleJohnson11 wrote:Well everyone, with the Free Shipping for orders over $49 I pre-ordered a box of Series 5. I'll let you all know when it comes!

Kyle
It most likely wont be a box.
:geek:

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:59 pm

LOL I was thinking the same thing. Debating on using some of my Tru Store Credit from my returns to buy some. I don't think I'll order a 'box' because you rarely get the unopened box.

For S4, I ordered like 36 of them (whatever brought the total to like $75), and ended up getting a full set minus the 'rare' scientist. Thinking of doing the same for this set... that way I already have my set by the time they reach stores, and from there, I'll just return/rebuy to hunt for the ones I want multiples of.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.