LEGO - "No coupon for you!"

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
earl9371
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

LEGO - "No coupon for you!"

Post by earl9371 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:15 pm

So I'd been reading all these great accounts of the 10% off coupon in the Summer catalog, and was happy to see the magazine in the mailbox today as I'll be by the stores in Cincinnati and Columbus OH next week. I was was disappointed however to find no coupon!
I called LEGO, and initially they told me the promotion had been targeted to folks who lived within 60 miles of a LEGO Brand store. This seemed feasible as we live about 80 miles from the one in Cincinnati. However, after putting me on hold, the rep said she'd received additional info that the coupon was only sent tin catalogs for non-VIP members! I didn't want to argue this point as she was really nice, but I can't help but think all the folks here who have mentioned the coupon are VIP members.
Now, in the true fashion of LEGO's AWESOME customer service, the rep actually cut me a much better deal on the item I told her I wanted than if I'd received the coupon. I found this entire process though curious.
Last edited by Brickbuilder0937 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic to retailer discussion.

koromo
Knight
Knight

Re: LEGO - "No coupon for you!"

Post by koromo » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:47 pm

-Retailer discussion forum-

Curious indeed. I am within that distance and a VIP member and received said catalogue with the coupon in question.
Lego Fan based in Seacoast Area of New Hampshire.

evilempire22
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by evilempire22 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:48 pm

I'm a VIP member, and I received a catalog with the 10% off coupon. I also live ~3 miles from the LEGO store at Mall of America.

I will note that I have been in your situation before, where one of the previous catalogs came with a coupon and everyone was posting about it, but my copy didn't have the coupon.

--Evil

lukeskywalker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lukeskywalker » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:16 pm

I got one and am a vip member.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:35 pm

I'm still waiting for my catalog and there are only 2 days left in June, I wanted to get the Build a Mini offer. :(

My sister in law got hers yesterday and she is just a few towns over, VIP and w/in distance to store...what the heck!

sweener
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by sweener » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:47 pm

atmail35 wrote:I'm still waiting for my catalog and there are only 2 days left in June, I wanted to get the Build a Mini offer. :(

My sister in law got hers yesterday and she is just a few towns over, VIP and w/in distance to store...what the heck!
You don't need any coupon to get the Build a Mini offer for June, just spend over $99 in store and mention the free Build a Mini if the sales associate doesn't. Here is a link to the June store calendar. I've never had to take the calendar in to get any deals/promotions it offers at my local LEGO store.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:55 pm

sweener wrote:
You don't need any coupon to get the Build a Mini offer for June, just spend over $99 in store and mention the free Build a Mini if the sales associate doesn't. Here is a link to the June store calendar. I've never had to take the calendar in to get any deals/promotions it offers at my local LEGO store.
Sorry I wasn't clear, I want to buy the Pet Shop for $149.99, get 10% off and get the BAM, although maybe they wouldn't allow both? I agree you don't need a coupon for the free BAM, I'd just like to get 10% off as well. ;)

mrfootball
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mrfootball » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:46 pm

I love this coupon offer, btw! Nice surprise from Lego.

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:30 pm

I am in the same situation as atmail... I haven't received my catalog and I want 10% + build a mini

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:20 am

Received my catalog Monday, I'm a VIP member, had the 10% off coupon on it.
I'm 63 highway miles from closest LEGO store, my zip code no doubt falls in the 60 mile radius
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:54 am

If the range is 60 miles, my mailing address is close to three Lego stores. I think you'd have to go all the way to the edge of the state to be out of range of this promotion.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:56 pm

I got my catalog AND coupon today so there is still hope for going tomorrow...and I'm definitely a VIP member and live w/ in 60 miles of 3 stores.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:13 pm

Should I pile on? I got my magazine with coupon yesterday. I've got two lego stores within the alleged 60 mile radius. Probably going to use the coupon on a Grand Emporium - eliminates tax, gets me vip points and some sort of polybag/BAM bonus so it works out a little better than Amazon.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:12 pm

Sorry I wasn't trying to brag, I was just trying to give hope to others who hadn't gotten it yet. ;)

GuaranteedUnity
Knight
Knight

Post by GuaranteedUnity » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:13 pm

No coupon for me, but I'm ~100 miles from my nearest store. :'(

Seems ridiculous to me that they'd be more inclusive of nearby VIP members, though.

I mean seriously, what's there to lose by dangling that carrot? If folks are able to make it to a store (which I often am), they've scored an extra sale; and if they can't, nothing lost right? Maybe they figure if I'm nuts enough to travel that far to a store, I don't need any further incentive?

Disappointing, but that seems to be the norm for the VIP program -- it's not very VIP at all!

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:55 am

GuaranteedUnity wrote:No coupon for me, but I'm ~100 miles from my nearest store. :'(

Seems ridiculous to me that they'd be more inclusive of nearby VIP members, though.

I mean seriously, what's there to lose by dangling that carrot? If folks are able to make it to a store (which I often am), they've scored an extra sale; and if they can't, nothing lost right? Maybe they figure if I'm nuts enough to travel that far to a store, I don't need any further incentive?

Disappointing, but that seems to be the norm for the VIP program -- it's not very VIP at all!
Agreed, I'm in the same boat as far as distance goes.

It seems like it's more work to limit the people that get a 10% coupon, for most people that barely covers tax anyways. I'd be better off ordering online above 75 dollars and get free shipping to save myself the trip. I would consider the trip for the PAB though, that's a good time.

koromo
Knight
Knight

Post by koromo » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:57 pm

I don't think I'll be able to make use of this coupon, not within the promotion time. Do you want it GU?

GuaranteedUnity
Knight
Knight

Post by GuaranteedUnity » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:12 pm

As it happens, I have plans to visit Burlington on Tuesday for the Monthly Mini Build, so that would work out great!

With it being a holiday weekend, I don't have much faith in the speed of the USPS, though -- any chance I can collect it on my way down? If yes, please PM details. If no, thanks for the offer, but I doubt I'll be visiting another store until after the coupon expires.

koromo
Knight
Knight

Post by koromo » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:16 pm

GuaranteedUnity wrote:As it happens, I have plans to visit Burlington on Tuesday for the Monthly Mini Build, so that would work out great!

With it being a holiday weekend, I don't have much faith in the speed of the USPS, though -- any chance I can collect it on my way down? If yes, please PM details. If no, thanks for the offer, but I doubt I'll be visiting another store until after the coupon expires.
Timing was too short on this one. Anyone else interested? PM please.