Feedback/information on Lego Club Meetings

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
atmail35
Duke
Duke

Re: Feedback/information on Lego Club Meetings

Post by atmail35 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:50 am

An employee told me that the kids get the monthly model build set, they build that and add more to it and tell a story. They also get to fill a small PaB cup to keep. No tshirt or coupons.

scatmanjack
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by scatmanjack » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:16 pm

Took daughter (age 7.5) to meeting this morning at NorthPark (Dallas, TX) store. They were given a sealed monthly model to build. An employee read a back story and then children were given a mini pick-a-brick box and were told to fill it up from the wall and build a dog house for the alien dog. The kids really seemed to enjoy this format over previous pile-o-bricks in the middle format. They were all excited about keeping their creations and all seemed more engaged with the creativity aspect of building. They also had a few trivia contests that had Duplo Bricks as the prize with LEGO Club Logo on them. For us, $10 well spent and will probably repeat given that we don't have to stand in line for an hour first Tuesday of month- the wife hated that... (we also missed a couple builds towards the end of last year due to running out of stock and that never used to happen...) I'll miss the special shirts but new format seems to a plus for us... Think there were about a dozen kids with a couple being walk-up registrations that morning...

ImageLEGO Club Meeting Box 2015 by gretchenandpaul, on Flickr

ImageLEGO Club Meeting Box 2015 by gretchenandpaul, on Flickr

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:45 am

Thanks for posting! We did not attend the January meeting, but certainly will keep it in mind for the future. It is a nice alternative if one cannot make it to the Tuesday Monthly Mini Model Build.

scatmanjack
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by scatmanjack » Sun May 31, 2015 3:18 pm

So they made a change at our meeting yesterday, 5/30/2015. They gave us a voucher for 100 VIP points with any in-store purchase in June. This is in addition to Pick-a-Brick Box and Monthly Model. Thumbs up on this from me!!!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sun May 31, 2015 4:59 pm

Interesting. Is the cost of attending still $25? Still not sure it's worth the cost.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

scatmanjack
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by scatmanjack » Sun May 31, 2015 6:39 pm

Club meetings have been $10 since January 2015.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sun May 31, 2015 8:35 pm

Huh, with a PaB box and 100 VIP points ($5) that basically covers the outlay. Good to know.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

scatmanjack
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by scatmanjack » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:11 pm

Anyone receive the 100 VIP points coupon at any of the 2016 meetings? In January they said they weren't doing it that month due to change in POS system (offered free mini figure as replacement) but we haven't received one in February or March. I keep forgetting to ask an employee about it...

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:12 am

Has anyone attended in 2016? We haven't been in a while and I was wondering if the format has changed at all. Sadly my daughter is not as interested in going to these types of things anymore.

scatmanjack
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by scatmanjack » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:31 am

Been to a couple... (Another one tomorrow 8/20...)

Mostly the same format... The 100 bonus VIP coupons have been given out about half the time. I'm not sure if they simply forgot other times or if it is up to manager.

Goodie bag is ok and the daughter always enjoys access to entire pick-a-brick wall. They tend to be lax on only getting what fits in small box...

She's already told me what models she is planning on building to go with Apple build tomorrow../

captainrex803
Knight
Knight

Post by captainrex803 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:34 pm

The Cars 2 meeting, why only ONE gold wheel. I guess I'd be building 1/4 of a car :-D
Look, you wake up one day, and your legs, they just give and you just can't run anymore.

scatmanjack
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by scatmanjack » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:40 am

Last meeting on 8/20 was a big let down...

'C' Team was on duty that day and had little interaction with the kids. Basically 'Here is your poly bag and box, go build...'

No goody bag given out nor 100 VIP point coupon...