[USA] LEGO Master Builder Academy

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
atmail35
Duke
Duke

Re: [USA] LEGO Master Builder Academy

Post by atmail35 » Tue May 17, 2011 9:13 pm

I tried the pre-order tonight and input the source code. Should I see the free PAB box on my order? After I go to the final screen where I would confirm my order, the source code is not visable. I just want to make sure I'm doing this correctly. I ordered some other things so I was over $75, does that invalidate the free PAB? I didn't add a code to get the free ship, it just appeared b/c it is over $75, I think.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue May 17, 2011 9:34 pm

It will show up after your order is placed. For some reason it shows up as 'backordered'.
MBA_PaB.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Tue May 17, 2011 11:32 pm

Is the free PaB box the size of a small cup or a large one or somewhere in between? I've never had the promotional boxes.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed May 18, 2011 3:44 am

I actually did a search on google for this and found another topic here!

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1681" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Therein, it's stated that the box is roughly half the size of a Happy Meal box - someone estimates that it's between a small and large PaB cup in volume, but I'd wager the square shape should make it so you can better utilize the space inside, getting closer to a 'large cup' piece count than you would 'small cup' piece count, since by and large LEGO is also 90deg angles ;)

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Wed May 18, 2011 11:20 am

That makes it veeeery tempting. I will have to get clearance from the mothership first.
Last edited by peanut on Wed May 18, 2011 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed May 18, 2011 11:28 am

I have a box from the Holiday giveaway. It is 3.5 by 3.5 by 3.5 inches - so basically a 3.5 inch cube - but you have some wiggle room at the top.

The box is great for regular bricks if you take the time to stack them together.

Vynsane - thanks for the info.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed May 18, 2011 4:10 pm

I got my preorder in and when I received my confirmation e-mail it did show the free PAB box and the POTC poster. I ordered another POTC set to get the free shipping.

Will Lego ship all my stuff together (i.e. when MBA is avail) or ship separately? I don't really need the other set immediately and really just want free shipping, I hope they don't try to charge shipping if they come separately.

I just checked and I got a Backorder notification e-mail BUT the field was blank where they should have shown the item that was backordered....weird.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed May 18, 2011 5:08 pm

Go to http://shop.lego.com and click on 'Order Status' in the upper right-hand corner of the page, just beneath the 'LEGO ID' graphic. After you log in, you will get to the screen that has your orders in the black and yellow boxes, like the screenshot I posted earlier in this topic.

I don't really know about the way they fulfill the orders, whether they wait to ship all at once or do it as items are available. I'd wager the PaB box will arrive with the MBA Kit 1 shipment, but the others might be dispatched immediately, depending on their availability. If no one with more experience chimes in after a few days, it might be worth a call to their Customer Service line - couldn't hurt to get some additional info. Though you might have your answer in the form of a "your items have shipped (at least some of them)" email by then ;)

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon May 23, 2011 7:52 pm

vynsane wrote:Go to http://shop.lego.com and click on 'Order Status' in the upper right-hand corner of the page, just beneath the 'LEGO ID' graphic. After you log in, you will get to the screen that has your orders in the black and yellow boxes, like the screenshot I posted earlier in this topic.

I don't really know about the way they fulfill the orders, whether they wait to ship all at once or do it as items are available. I'd wager the PaB box will arrive with the MBA Kit 1 shipment, but the others might be dispatched immediately, depending on their availability. If no one with more experience chimes in after a few days, it might be worth a call to their Customer Service line - couldn't hurt to get some additional info. Though you might have your answer in the form of a "your items have shipped (at least some of them)" email by then ;)
I do see the two boxes now. And they shipped my PotC set and I've only been charged for the set and tax so it seems like the free shipping was applied to this part of my order at least.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:16 pm

Our kit shipped today, I'm very curious to see it.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:23 pm

Did you actually get a shipment confirmation? I haven't received one yet and my order still says 'In Process' in my Order Status page, yet I've been charged the amount due...

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:11 am

vynsane wrote:Did you actually get a shipment confirmation? I haven't received one yet and my order still says 'In Process' in my Order Status page, yet I've been charged the amount due...
Ok it might have been a false alarm. I did get an e-mail confirmation about shipment but apparently it is only the PAB box? I didn't scroll down to look at the entire message and the details of what shipped only lists the PAB box and my Fed Ex tracking shows the item is only 0.2 lbs. I just logged onto my online account and it shows "in process" but my credit card has been charged (on June 1st). I'm not 100% sure what is going on. Sorry for the confusion, I guess I jumped the gun. Since I only had the MBA outstanding orderwise I presumed the entire thing shipped and they didn't just ship my PAB box (what a waste of resources to do it separately!).

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:22 am

atmail35 wrote:Since I only had the MBA outstanding orderwise I presumed the entire thing shipped and they didn't just ship my PAB box (what a waste of resources to do it separately!).
My guess is they are coming from 2 separate locations, so they have no choice but to send in 2 shipments.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:55 am

ncbarrett wrote:
atmail35 wrote:Since I only had the MBA outstanding orderwise I presumed the entire thing shipped and they didn't just ship my PAB box (what a waste of resources to do it separately!).
My guess is they are coming from 2 separate locations, so they have no choice but to send in 2 shipments.
I'm sure it is, but how hard is it to have cardboard boxes (PAB) at the same fullfillment center/warehouse as the sets? I suppose it may have been cheaper to do it this way, but I can't imagine that is true (extra postage, extra manpower to assemble the package). Anyway, as long as I get everything I guess I don't really care. ;)

bigdaddy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by bigdaddy » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:17 am

Got my shipping confirmation on the pab box and the first kit. Both being shipped by Fedex. Level 1 kit has an estimated arrival date of 6.6.11 with the pab box coming 6.7.11

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:05 am

I sent them a complaint email - I've yet to receive a shipping confirmation, but I was charged. What's the point of pre-ordering if it's not dispatched the day the item is released (other than the PaB promo)?

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:48 am

Yeah, I couldn't wait for mine to be shipped. I ran out to purchase the set from the local LEGO store. Opened it up last night. Posted some pics here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sidersdd/s ... 741213491/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:51 pm

I called them about my order that has not been shipped. I gave them my order number, but unfortunately they couldn't find my order number on their system for some reason (even though that my order shows on my Legoshop.com account showing as "In Process" status). My order included MBA Kit 1, MBA Kit 2-6 and free shadow ARF and I ordered on May 3rd. So, they had to reorder them without the Shadow ARF tropper because they no longer have it. You guys better call them to see what is going on if it has not been shipped.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:33 pm

gabriellee11 wrote:I called them about my order that has not been shipped. I gave them my order number, but unfortunately they couldn't find my order number on their system for some reason (even though that my order shows on my Legoshop.com account showing as "In Process" status). My order included MBA Kit 1, MBA Kit 2-6 and free shadow ARF and I ordered on May 3rd. So, they had to reorder them without the Shadow ARF tropper because they no longer have it. You guys better call them to see what is going on if it has not been shipped.
Oh lovely! After seeing that vynsane sent them an e-mail, I did the same, but have not heard back yet. I guess I'll phone tomorrow if I don't hear back, but since they shipped the PAB box it seems like they "should" have my order. Go figure.

vynsane - do post if you hear back, I'm curious.

gabriellee11 did they offer you something else in exchange for the promo they can't ship to you?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:40 pm

I called just before the end of work today and the fellow at LEGO CS said that it was already packaged, just waiting for FedEx to pick it up. I have since received the shipping confirmation email, and both the Kit 1 and PaB box are included, so maybe they fulfilled some really early pre-orders piecemeal, but were waiting for all the PaB boxes to arrive at the same distribution center as the kits for others, IDK.

I'm not going to be sending them emails anymore, so far it's taken forever to receive a response that way, whereas I've been helped immediately via the phone.