[USA] LEGO Series 3 - Now at Walmart

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
legitimatealex
Count
Count

[USA] LEGO Series 3 - Now at Walmart

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:51 pm

Alright I tried doing a search on the forums but the search bar seems useless and I can't find the series 3 availability topic which leads me to believe that its buried somewhere. That said, the title explains it all. I've been to two separate Walmarts and both had Series 3 minifigures out in their boxes. My local one had 6 boxes out, completely filled with minifigures untouched.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

evilempire22
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: [USA] LEGO Series 3 - Now at Walmart

Post by evilempire22 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:10 pm

Series 3 is old news...which is probably why you can't find the original thread. You do know that Series 4 is now in stores, right?

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:18 pm

Where in Walmart were they located
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:09 am

I have never seen any of the series minifigs at a Walmart. Never. Whether 2, 3 or 4 but I always look. Found the polybags a week or so ago at one store in the easter section. Picked up a tie fighter for my son. I'm in the midwest, so maybe they don't stock series minifigs out here.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:14 am

Luciant wrote:Where in Walmart were they located
I've seen S3 at Walmart in two places. Either in the box on the shelf in the Lego aisle (same cardboard box as TRU or Lego Store) or on the endcap in a minifigure cardboard display case. It is maybe two feet tall by one foot wide and has little cardboard dividers to make it a grid and the packets fit inside. It was attached to the endcap, but on the side, along the main aisle. I swear someone posted a picture before. I'll search for it.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:15 am

I've seen them in both style at the same place. I went there 2 weeks ago, they had 5 boxes. One still sealed and one end cap special.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:44 am

I have seen pictures of the endcap that you are talking about. There is a picture in another thread you are right. Ok, so they will generally be IN the Toy area.... in Lego Isle or as an endcap... good to know. I was just hoping no one said some random place like outside in the garden area, or where they keep their baseball card / Magic cards, etc.

I guess down here in Florida Walmart doesn't like to sell the CMF's either... I have only seen them at Target and TRU.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

cowbug
Knight
Knight

Post by cowbug » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:02 pm

The one at my WM is in the toy section but down a few isles on the far corner. It seemed like a very random place to stick it, i would not rule anything out.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:13 pm

That would be me. I posted in the s2 thread.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:46 pm

natelite wrote:That would be me. I posted in the s2 thread.
I was looking in the wrong place, here it is for those that are curious:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/godfr ... 010022.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:50 pm

Luciant wrote:I have seen pictures of the endcap that you are talking about. There is a picture in another thread you are right. Ok, so they will generally be IN the Toy area.... in Lego Isle or as an endcap... good to know. I was just hoping no one said some random place like outside in the garden area, or where they keep their baseball card / Magic cards, etc.

I guess down here in Florida Walmart doesn't like to sell the CMF's either... I have only seen them at Target and TRU.
Do you have an empty bag from S3 or S4 that you can scan at the Walmart price checker? That might help you figure out if it is in your store's inventory.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:58 pm

Ya, I brought a CMF4 into Walmart and scanned it. It pulled up "Lego Miniseries 4 - 3.98" or whatever the price was. It didn't specify what isle it would be in, if they had it in stock at this particular store or anything, but it WAS in their system....

I also happened to run into my Walmart Toy-Section Refiller-Lady (I work late nights and when I go after work, normally they are restocking and I've seen this lady over and over always restocking Toys, so figured she would be my Walmart Toy Guru for this store). She said she hadn't seen them yet :( I kinda talked to her about CMF3 too, but didn't sound she had seen those too, which makes me believe that Walmart has no love for CMF here in Florida.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:17 am

atmail35 wrote:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/godfr ... 010022.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's my bs folder. The post was under the s2 thrad. Either in the lego original forum or the sales forum. I can't remember which.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:12 am

natelite wrote:
atmail35 wrote:

That's my bs folder. The post was under the s2 thrad. Either in the lego original forum or the sales forum. I can't remember which.
natelite - I'm sorry, I should have mentioned this was your photo, I wasn't trying to imply it was mine ;). I did a search and found it in the S2 thread, but I can't remember which forum it was in either. I figured it was hard to describe the display case and that folks might want to see it.

Thanks for posting that picture, visuals are always helpful! I think I saw one in green for S3 at Walmart, but I'm not 100% sure.

cowbug
Knight
Knight

Post by cowbug » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:50 am

atmail35 wrote: natelite - I'm sorry, I should have mentioned this was your photo, I wasn't trying to imply it was mine ;). I did a search and found it in the S2 thread, but I can't remember which forum it was in either. I figured it was hard to describe the display case and that folks might want to see it.

Thanks for posting that picture, visuals are always helpful! I think I saw one in green for S3 at Walmart, but I'm not 100% sure.

20110227213649 by cowbug81, on Flickr

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:22 am

cowbug - that is what I also saw and what I meant by it being on the side of the end-cap. Although when I as there a few weeks ago it was on the floor - propped against the endcap with maybe 12 - S3 and the next time I was there it was gone...perhaps they were making way for S4.

cowbug
Knight
Knight

Post by cowbug » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:01 am

atmail35 wrote:cowbug - that is what I also saw and what I meant by it being on the side of the end-cap. Although when I as there a few weeks ago it was on the floor - propped against the endcap with maybe 12 - S3 and the next time I was there it was gone...perhaps they were making way for S4.
The box in the picture was recently just about empty but for about 8 or so figs, then they "re-stocked" it with the all new, highly sought after... Mega Bloks Marvel minifigure mystery packs.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:03 am

Anger and rage in this thread! Mine were literally just stacked on top of each other in the big boxes they come in. They were $3 in the toys aisle right in the middle of the LEGO section. They were not at the end of the section.

I know Series 3 is old news now but Walmart is like a safety catch for those people who couldn't get them anywhere else.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:09 am

Are they still $2.97? I was wondering if they would be clearanced sometime soon.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:29 pm

Stopped by WM today. CMF3 are everywhere in that store. They are hanging them at each end of the aisle of the easter stuff. You can still get them at the regular Lego aisle. Still plenty to go around. Also, TRU still has a boatload of these on top of CMF4.