Series 4 at TRU

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
stocktheodds
I'm New !

Re: Series 4 at TRU

Post by stocktheodds » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:19 pm

So the final count for the 32 I ordered from toysrus.com was pretty decent. I got 15 of the 16 MFs the only one that wasn't there was the surfer girl. Didn't open any duplicates using the dot cheat sheet and feeling for parts. Was hoping for an extra artist and hockey player. Hopefully when they hit the stores around here I can pick up the extras I want or do some trading.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:51 pm

atmail35 wrote:
Luciant wrote:Went to TRU to return the CMF4's I didn't want duplicates of and get 10% off the purchase, and lo and behold... a nice orange CMF4 box is sitting on the return counter! So as I'm returning some items I debate if I want to sift through them, or buy some... Rather than spending time at TRU, I decided to buy the remaining packs in the box... 21...
Were you able to get a price adjustment on your on-line order to get the 10% off or did you just return and rebuy?

I'm wondering if I should go back tomorrow to do my partial return or just wait.
I was also doing a price adjustment on the Police Boat.. I got it for 20% a month ago, and its 30% off with no Tru Markup, so that was a free CMF4 =) I have done price adjustments in the past, but I find it MUCH easier to just return, then repurchase them... remember those cashiers are miminum wage... don't expect complex math to come easy for them, so K.I.S.S. I say.

Also, since I'm in there ALL the time doing price adjustments/refunds/exchanges I try to keep transactions quick, easy, and as least complicated as possible... they never give me a hard time... always good to keep the staff on your side =)
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

Selby-Tiger
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Selby-Tiger » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:59 pm

Can I just say that you are my hero? Investment for the future indeed!

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:05 pm

LOL! I just show my wife the ebay prices on sets like MF, City Corner, etc. and then show her the the brickset original MSRP... works like a charm =) Sometimes she'll be the one saying "do you think we should buy 2?" and I fall in love all over again. Of course I have no intention of ever selling MY collection... but the extras I pick up for trade and to sell and recoup my costs eventually will........maybe...... ;)
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

dehnehsu
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by dehnehsu » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:25 pm

Sunnyvale, Calif TRU has series 4. One 2/3rds full box at the Customer Service register and 1 nearly complete box within the checkout queue line. On sale for $2.69. This is as of Friday night.

Venvoi
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Venvoi » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:53 pm

I managed to find a box(that was only a third full..) of Series 4 by chance at my TRU here in VA. Luckily out of the handful that were left I managed to get my four favorites (punk rocker, artist, the monster, and geisha girl) and I also grabbed a werewolf, sailor, and skater out of what was left while they were on "sale" (also $2.69 here rather than $2.99 for today only, apparently). The only others that were left were several ice skaters, soccer players, and a surfer girl. I consider myself pretty lucky due to how ravaged the box was. :D

I still wanna find a hazmat guy, garden gnome, and mad scientist someday though. But I'm more than satisfied for now!

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:03 pm

I got my online order of 60 packets from TRU. They did not give me a sealed box, just loose packets.

mhornet
I'm New !

Post by mhornet » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:48 am

The TRU in Algonquin, IL has 3 boxes of S4. I was able to get a full set, plus extras, from going to a couple stores and ordering a few online. I only ordered 24 online, but was very disappointed with what they sent out. I got a lot of duplicates in that order. The bumpcodes work well for a few figures, namely the Viking, sailor, punker, & a few others, while the feel method does work well for the Kimono girl and Hazmat. A couple are a little tricky, like the skater, but once you isolate the accessories its pretty easy to tell.

Bricksnapper52
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Bricksnapper52 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:09 am

TRU in Tustin California had an entire box behind the customer service counter. I asked about them and was told that "they are on hold for some one". I have never heard of TRU placing things on hold. I told her I just wanted one or two for my son and sure enough she broke down and sold me a few.

evilempire22
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by evilempire22 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:34 am

Picked up a sealed box of 60 the other from TRU in Bloomington, MN. Decided to go through and do the feel test and am posting the order of all 60 in the box, in case it's the same for each. Box # is 102B1 and can be found on the bottom of the box.

Here's the order from Left to Right, Front to Back when facing the opening of the box:

Row 1
Soccer Player
Musketeer
Musketeer
Hockey Player
Hazmat Guy
Geisha
Surfer
Sailor
Painter
Hockey Player
Soccer Player
Viking
Viking
Soccer Player
Geisha
Painter
Musketeer
Skateboarder
Gnome
Gnome

Row 2
Frankenstein
Werewolf
Rocker
Rocker
Sailor
Rocker
Ice Skater
Hazmat Guy
Skateboarder
Hockey Player
Surfer
Surfer
Geisha
Sailor
Painter
Geisha
Ice Skater
Skateboarder
Gnome
Skateboarder

Row 3
Scientist
Scientist
Monster
Werewolf
Werewolf
Werewolf
Frankenstein
Sailor
Sailor
Rocker
Viking
Surfer
Rocker
Werewolf
Painter
Hazmat Guy
Soccer Player
Hazmat Guy
Ice Skater
Frankenstein

Only took 1 Hazmat guy out of the box, as it was the only one I was missing and returned all the others. This TRU had 3 boxes, which is the most I've ever seen at this store. I am pretty confident on my feel test, as it was how I got my complete set of S3 and S4. Also, the amounts matched with other people from what they got from a sealed box.

Gnome=3 Geisha=4 Musketeer=3 Rocker=5
Surfer= 4 Viking=3 Franenstein=4 Hockey=3
Skateboarder=4 Sailor=5 Soccer=4 Werewolf=5
Hazmat=4 Painter=4 Ice Skater=3 Scientist=2

Am interested to know if any one else gets the same pattern in their box!

--Evil

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:48 pm

TRU in West Nack has one box in the middle aisle next to the lego.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:53 pm

Evil - that is very helpful info and a great way to find missing ones. Thanks for taking the time to do it and post it.

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:30 pm

My TRU finally had some today. Managed to find the Viking :) if only I could have found the musketeer also.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:06 pm

I went to TRU today as well, and they put out another box, so I had to snag it ;) 51 of 60, not bad.
Nabbed 3 Musketeers, 3 Vikings, 3 Hockey players, 3 Hazmat guys, 2 Scientists... had 5 Werewolves tho... debating weather or not to just keep the ones i like and return the "commons", or if I should hold on to trade/sell a set or two...

Let me know if you are looking for a specific fig or a set.

I'm after
S4 Musketeers and Vikings
S3 Samurai and Cyborgs
S2 Spartans, maybe a few more vamps
Almost any Castle/Kingdom/Viking set that is discontinued.

PM Me.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:30 pm

I just want to sum up how everything went for me with ordering online, because I saw some people had reservations....

I ordered 60 packets on the TRU website. They charged tax and everything, and I got the packets loose in the box. (Some people got a sealed box of 60, but it sounds like more commonly most people got loose packets.)

I was then able to identify everything I wanted in the comfort of my own home. I got my full set of 16 unique figures, and I also decided to keep 4 unopened packs (2 Hazmat Guys, 2 Musketeers). One thing to note was that I only got 1 Viking, so in the future I will make sure to order at least 60 packets to ensure a full set.

After a week or two I returned the remaining packs to my local B&M TRU store. I went to the service desk with the packing slip, and the poor guy had to scan each of my returning packs individually. He gave me a physical gift card with the return balance on it (about $120), which I was expecting. That card is good in any B&M store and online; it has a scratch-away area to reveal the code for online ordering. I even used a few bucks to buy a couple impulses that day.

And that's about it! I just wanted to let everything know that it all went smoothly. No hassle or having to fight with customer service. I plan on using the hefty gift card when I can, and I'll definitely use up the remaining balance when series 5 comes out.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:56 pm

I saw a box of CMF4 at the TRU in Framingham yesterday.