Series 4 at TRU

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Luciant
Count
Count

Re: Series 4 at TRU

Post by Luciant » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:53 am

I also got my confirmation today. Says they will be here Thursday.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:25 am

I also received my shipping confirm last night and it looks like they might arrive on Wednesday :D

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:14 am

Mine still says "Item(s) located in stock", order placed on the 17th. But I also have 2 other small toys (not Lego) on that order, so maybe that's holding it up a little. I hope it ships soon; I want these before next weekend.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:15 pm

Okay mine has a tracking number now. Scheduled for delivery on Saturday. (Shipping from Ohio for some reason).

paul88
I'm New !

Post by paul88 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:38 am

Hi Guys,
Just joined..... I wanted to share my experience with TRU.com and ordering series 4. Many people said that if you order 60, you'll get a sealed box. I was not so lucky :( Then again, I ordered 65 so maybe that had something do with it. Anyway, here is my story: I received my "case" from TRU yesterday and did NOT get a box :( I thought that I would be smart and order 65 so that I would get a full box then some random ones thrown in. I think it might have backfired though. I only got ONE hockey player and ONE skater!!! All 65 were just shipped in a regular old brown box. I really wanted multiple hockey players so this is kind of sad. I think I got about 6 or 7 Monsters, werewolves and soccer players. Oh, and there were like 5 hazmat guys so that was pretty cool. A high count (6 or 7) of the rocker too. LUCKILY, I did get a full set. I haven't decided what to do with the extras yet, as I really don't want the hassle of dealing with ebay.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:47 am

paul88 wrote:... Many people said that if you order 60, you'll get a sealed box. I was not so lucky ...
My guess is, they just dump boxes and boxes into a bin, and they are grabbed to fill orders out of that bin.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

paul88
I'm New !

Post by paul88 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:02 am

ncbarrett wrote:
paul88 wrote:... Many people said that if you order 60, you'll get a sealed box. I was not so lucky ...
My guess is, they just dump boxes and boxes into a bin, and they are grabbed to fill orders out of that bin.

Yeah, could be.... I just thought I might have some luck since some people reported getting taped boxes of series 3. It's no big deal though, because there were enough for at least 1 set. The nearest TRU is about an hour away and it's been such a struggle finding the minifigures. They probably won't hit my area until another month anyway.

I don't know how people get so good at reading the "bumps". I spent about 1.5 hours last night trying to figure out what was what. Some of the bumps aren't as defined, and some of the packets are cut at different angles/lengths, and that interferes with the decoding as well. Oh, and btw, the hockey player dot pattern that is all over the internet is NOT the pattern that was on mine. On mine, the left 2 dots were much closer together (look at the surfer girl one for reference), not spaced far apart like on the current cheat sheets.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:45 pm

I found a sealed box at TRU in Dedham, MA this morning. It was on the top shelf and I had to ask someone to get it down for me. They did ring up at $2.69 so I probably will return most of my on-line order, which arrived today but I haven't opened it. I only bought 20 so there might be some left.

I tried feeling the bags to get the Crazy Scientist and didn't end up with any of those! I have duplicates of several since I didn't do a great job (I was pressed for time) and hope that my online shipment has the ones I'm missing. Oh the fun of CMF ;)

I let my daughter open 3 so far (I usually try and spread it out)...hazmat, geisha and surfer girl...they all are great. I love the printing on the geisha's hair.

brixter
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brixter » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:32 pm

They are trickling into the New York City area although at the jacked up $3.49 price tag. Looks like I'll wait for a BOGO at some point down the line. So far many of the locations in Queens and the Bronx have a box each, but not Times Square yet.

krnbatt
I'm New !

Post by krnbatt » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:42 pm

I lucked into an almost complete box at TRU today, only four packs missing, but they had just opened it and the remaining 56 packs hadn't been molested or rifled through. From the 56 I got:

1 Crazy Scientist

3 each of
Lawn Gnome
Musketeer
Viking
Hockey Player
Hazmat Guy
Artist
Ice Skater

4 each of
Kimono Girl
Surfer Girl
Monster
Street Skater
Soccer Player
Werewolf

5 each of
Punk Rocker
Sailor

The best part is that I got them for 10% off, and I'm only two Crazy Scientists short of the three complete sets I need to appease my boys. Also, I now have ten figures to bargain with (hint hint).

evilempire22
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by evilempire22 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:23 am

@krnbatt

I'm willing to trade:
2x soccer players
1x sailor
1x artist
1x skateboarder
1x figure skater
2x werewolves
2x surfers

Need:
1x gnome
1x hazmat guy

--Evil

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:22 am

Got my order of 26 CMF4, and here's what I got: (only 14 opened and no duplicates with those, but i'm 99% sure with rest)

3 Soccer
3 Skateboarder
3 Gnomes
2 Frankenstein
2 Sailors
2 Punks
2 Geishas
2 Werewolves
2 Artists
1 Viking
1 Musket
1 Hockey
1 Hazmat
1 Surfer

Didnt get:
Crazy Scientist
Ice Skater

Boo! :(
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:30 am

It was so promising too... I started off just opening the first 5 or so, not caring, just casually see'ing of they were different patterns... all different. I started checking them against the crib sheet in the other thread (which is pretty accurate for the packs I received), as well as feeling for parts. I made it up to about 10 back to back all different, and then started getting doubles. Glad I got a few gnomes, but I wanted a few vikings and musketeers. An extra hockey player would have been nice too. I didn't finish my set.. i expected I might not get an alch... but no Ice skater?

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:31 am

Here's what I got in my 26 from TRU.com:
1 Soccer
1 Gnome
2 Frankenstein
4 Sailors
3 Punks
1 Geishas
3 Werewolves
2 Artists
1 Hockey
1 Hazmat
2 Surfer
3 scientist
2 ice skater
zero Skateboarder
Viking
Musket
2 Sailors
2 Geishas
1 Hockey
4 Hazmat
3 Surfer
1 ice skater
3 Skateboarder
2 Viking
1 Musket
zero:
Gnomes
scientist
Punks
Artists
Werewolves

I bought the 21 before I got my shipment. I tried feeling for the scientist...failed and punks...I thought the guitar would be slightly thicker and grabbed extra surfers in error.

So based on buying 47, I only have 1 set. We've only opened about 6 so I could be wrong on some of the counts. I'll give some to friends for their kids but some are going back. I just need to decide which extras we "need to have".

I have to say, now that I've secured at least one set, it seems kind of a let down that it is over!

I really think The Lego Store is dropping the ball by not having these for sale before other places. I would totally buy at the Lego Store before TRU if they had them.

evilempire22
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by evilempire22 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:11 am

@atmail35

Care to trade for one of your Hazmat guys? I have the following:

2x soccer players
1x sailor
1x artist
1x skateboarder
1x figure skater (pending another trade)
2x werewolves
2x surfers

--Evil

stocktheodds
I'm New !

Post by stocktheodds » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:55 pm

Got mine in the mail today from toysrus.com... haven't been through the lot of 32 that I ordered, but have opened 12 all different... there are a few that I know match ones that I opened. I have been using the dot cheat code sheet and so far it's been pretty dead on accurate. I am actually using a flashlight to help spot the dots. Hoping for a complete set and should know by the end of the day.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:10 pm

Just and FYI, the associate at the Lego store thinks they may get a shipment of S4 next week - so keep your eyes open or start calling :)

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:14 pm

atmail35 wrote: I bought the 21 before I got my shipment. I tried feeling for the scientist...failed and punks...I thought the guitar would be slightly thicker and grabbed extra surfers in error.
I'm with you there. I expected the Guitar to be an easy-feel-up piece, but i can't seem to feel it. I feel for his hair, and then use my nail to feel for the ridges to confirm.

I'm interested in any extra Musketeers and Vikings anyone wants to trade. I have several CMF3 and 4 for trade, just PM me with what your looking for and how many Musketeers and Vikings you have for trade.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:02 pm

Went to TRU to return the CMF4's I didn't want duplicates of and get 10% off the purchase, and lo and behold... a nice orange CMF4 box is sitting on the return counter! So as I'm returning some items I debate if I want to sift through them, or buy some... Rather than spending time at TRU, I decided to buy the remaining packs in the box... 21...

Now, the box @ tru had 202B1 on the bottom, while the ones I got from TRU.com had 502B1. Some of the dot patterns were slightly different... a lot are the same, but a few are not.. I believe the punk rocker is NOT correct.. 202B1 has punk dots similar to Ice Skater (2 diagonal dots on left side very close).. the flexible hair is a dead give-away.

I only needed the Ice Skater and Scientist to finish my set... down to about 8 packs left... finally score an Ice Skater... the hair piece was the give-away... the circular knot is only felt on the kimono girl, but she has the huge block as her give-away.

Down to 5 packs left... dots say it could possibly be the scientist... i feel a squishy/flexible piece.... decide to open the pack (hey, I haven't opened a single duplicate yet by the dot/feel combo method)... snip the top of the pack...close my eyes and dump out the contents.... First thing I see is a wonderful neon green vial. I got my scientist! Finished my set... now I can go after a few of the ones I want =)

Of the 21 Packs I got out of the box, here is what I got:
3 Skateboarders
3 Soccer Players
2 Artists
2 Surfer Girls
2 Hazmat
1 Werewolf
1 Punk Rocker
1 Gnome
1 Hockey player
1 Ice Skater
1 Mad Scientist
1 Viking
1 Kimono Girl
1 Sailor

No Monster or Musketeer

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:04 pm

Luciant wrote:Went to TRU to return the CMF4's I didn't want duplicates of and get 10% off the purchase, and lo and behold... a nice orange CMF4 box is sitting on the return counter! So as I'm returning some items I debate if I want to sift through them, or buy some... Rather than spending time at TRU, I decided to buy the remaining packs in the box... 21...
Were you able to get a price adjustment on your on-line order to get the 10% off or did you just return and rebuy?

I'm wondering if I should go back tomorrow to do my partial return or just wait.