Series 4 at TRU

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Luciant
Count
Count

Re: Series 4 at TRU

Post by Luciant » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:35 am

atmail35 wrote:I'm debating buying some at TRU.com. Anyone have experience w/ buying online and returning at the store? Is it allowed? To get free shipping I have to buy "more than I need" and I'm wondering if I can then return the extras w/ my online receipt.
Thanks!
I'm debating calling tru.com myself and see'ing if i can just order 'an unopened box' so that way I am sure to get a full set instead 'random invidividual packs."

You can return them, but you get Tru store credit, not cash/credit back. I experienced this firsthand after Christmas =)
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:38 am

Luciant wrote: You can return them, but you get Tru store credit, not cash/credit back. I experienced this firsthand after Christmas =)
Good to know, thanks! I'm ok w/ store credit.

I decided to order 26 (just to get free shipping) and see how it goes. I decided I'll save money in gas and time calling/trying to run to the store. I think ordering online is the way to go as I can try and dicipher what the figure is w/out looking like a freak at the store ;)
Last edited by atmail35 on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:42 am

atmail35 wrote: Good to know, thanks! I'm ok w/ store credit.

I decided to order 26 (just to get free shipping) and see how it goes. I decided I'll save money in gas and time calling/trying to run to the store. I think ordering online is the way to go as I can try and dicipher what the figure is w/out looking like a freak at the store ;)
Good luck. I'm thinking ordering online will save me time, frustration, etc. as well. It was 'fun' for a while, but time, gas, energy... and your last statement :D :D

People looking at you like WTF? :roll: They already know me as 'The Lego Guy' at TRU... I don't need to exacerbate it.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:09 am

Boo.. No-go on the full box :(

Decided to follow your lead and order 26... figure I can get the 16 in there, or trade if I somehow miss 1. $50 gift card from work, no shipping, and lack of running around.... local TRU's don't even have em yet to try to get a box... might have a full set before they even have em out locally. =)

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:15 am

I know it's bad when they recognize you. The manager and store employees at the Lego Store know me and it's kind of embarassing really.

I noticed when I placed my online CMF S4 order that it didn't qualify for the free My First Lego set w/ $50 purchase, which is too bad. The S3 ones qualified when I did it in-store earlier in the week as I added a few to get my total to $50.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:04 pm

Luciant wrote:
atmail35 wrote:I'm debating buying some at TRU.com. Anyone have experience w/ buying online and returning at the store? Is it allowed? To get free shipping I have to buy "more than I need" and I'm wondering if I can then return the extras w/ my online receipt.
Thanks!
You can return them, but you get Tru store credit, not cash/credit back. I experienced this firsthand after Christmas =)
I just wanted to mention that for Toys R Us, if you order online and return at a brick-and-mortar store, they give you your returned funds on a gift card. So that's what that's what "store credit" means in their legalese return policy. I was afraid it meant credit only good for that particular TRU location, but I asked and the customer service lady said you could go ahead and use that gift card for another online purchase.

I found out all this because I ordered 60 collectible minifigure online, and plan to return a good portion of that to my local store. I'm trying to avoid multiple trips back and forth to root out missing figures, wasting gas and time, having to trade later on for what I'm missing, etc. I know I'm going to be spending that TRU gift card anyway so I don't mind tying up my money for a little while. I think it's worth it.

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:58 pm

I've read some comments where people are thinking if they order 60 from TRU - the easiest way to fill the order would be to send a full box.

Of course there are lots of situations where they would already have an open box...but I'm waiting to see if that ends up working out for people.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:20 pm

hey atmail... you might try (which I'm going to as well) returning the CMF4's (all of them) to TRU, and rebuying them at the store if the store is willing to give you the free set....

I snipe deals on TRU.com all the time, and last BOGO I had a massive return of over $500 in sets, just to repurchase them again to get better deals / more sets with that same money. TRU has been very easy to deal with returning Items and getting price adjustments. Heck, I even was able to do BOGO Free Bionicle, and return the $9.99 paid for one and keep the 'free' one =)

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:23 pm

My plan is to try to get a set from Tru.com now so I don't have to worry about fighting the mad rush when they are widely released. After that I'm just gonna try to snag what I can if I'm in stores and I have time to package molest, or if they go 50% off like CMF3... was able to get 2 CMF3s at Target on clearance for $0.75 each =)... they seem to releaes more and more #'s so hoping CMF4 will have a nice 'overage' after Easter ;)

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:04 pm

I put in an order of 60. Hopefully they are smart enough to ship a sealed box.
I used FatWallet for 2% cashback. Couldn't find any other coupon.
After CA tax, it's basically $200. BBTS is selling the case for $200 which I have a preorder for that I might cancel if I get a good assortment from TRU.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:12 pm

Luciant wrote:hey atmail... you might try (which I'm going to as well) returning the CMF4's (all of them) to TRU, and rebuying them at the store if the store is willing to give you the free set....
I would try but I think my local TRU would have to have the CMF in-stock and I don't think they will before this promo is over (3/19, I believe) since they didn't have any today. I've told myself that I shouldn't be making any visits to TRU until my minifigures arrive. ;)

BrickLeader
I'm New !

Post by BrickLeader » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:32 pm

Here is a great and funny story about the Series 4: http://brickpop.com/2011/03/17/local-ma ... zmat-guys/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
--BL

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:19 am

BrickLeader wrote:Here is a great and funny story about the Series 4: http://brickpop.com/2011/03/17/local-ma ... zmat-guys/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
--BL
Much better than the story about CMF 3 ;) That's your site right?

Bricksnapper52
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Bricksnapper52 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:54 pm

Luciant wrote:hey atmail... you might try (which I'm going to as well) returning the CMF4's (all of them) to TRU, and rebuying them at the store if the store is willing to give you the free set....

I snipe deals on TRU.com all the time, and last BOGO I had a massive return of over $500 in sets, just to repurchase them again to get better deals / more sets with that same money. TRU has been very easy to deal with returning Items and getting price adjustments. Heck, I even was able to do BOGO Free Bionicle, and return the $9.99 paid for one and keep the 'free' one =)
When you do the return for store credit, do they give you the full retail price? It seems like they would give you the discounted price. I was in line behind some people that were trying to return an XBOX game that they got during a BOGO deal and the manager was only offering them 75% of the retail price. It was hilarious, they were battling it out for like 20 minutes over $10. All the while I was pinching and squeezing my way through a box of CMF3s :D

Bricksnapper52
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Bricksnapper52 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:00 pm

oocaleb101oo wrote:I have a feeling due to the time frame they may put these in the easter section at Target .. if they want to keep with the "seasonal" section they've been doing.
I was hoping for this, but it doesn't look like it. There aren't any empty spaces for CMF4s in their Easter section. The only hope is that they are a last minute add.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:10 pm

Bricksnapper52 wrote: When you do the return for store credit, do they give you the full retail price? It seems like they would give you
Here was an experience I had. I bought about 24 CMF3 packets during a buy-2-get-one-free sale (8 sets of 3), back in January. (Which by the way they had the price set so it ended up being about MSRP for each 3 that you bought.) When I went to return about 9 of them (didn't get all 16 unique like I wanted), they rang up as $0 for 8 of them and then 3.99 or whatever for one of them. Um my numbers are slightly off here, but the point is that TRU wouldn't give me return money on the B2GO basis in sets of 3 - they take returns on the "free" ones first before cutting into the ones "that cost money". Is this making sense?

The solution here, is that if there is a B2GO, you should ring up separate sales in sets of 3 (or one sale of 12 and then a few others in sets of 3) if you know you will do a return. And keep those receipts.

Same for BOGO. Do one purchase of 10, and then one purchase of 4, and then a couple/few more purchases of 2. If you know you'll be returning some amount of them.

Sorry if this was confusing. TRU sucks. At least I didn't go hog wild and buy 50 packs during their stupid B2GO sale.

P.S. For CMF4 I ordered 60 packets online and will be returning at least 20 of those to a brick-and-mortar store. They give you a gift card for the return money (I called and asked the B&M store). No BXGO offer here, so they had better give full value and tax back on that return. If they don't, you'll see me venting on here about it.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Anyone received a shipping confirm yet?

Post by atmail35 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:00 am

Has anyone who ordered CMF from TRU received a shipping confirm yet? Just curious.....still waiting here.

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:34 am

Disappointing, my TRU didn't have them in yet :(

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Anyone received a shipping confirm yet?

Post by Zeya » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:10 pm

atmail35 wrote:Has anyone who ordered CMF from TRU received a shipping confirm yet? Just curious.....still waiting here.
Mine still says "located in stock" for all items, even for a couple non Lego items. Says estimated delivery is next weds at the earliest.

stocktheodds
I'm New !

Post by stocktheodds » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:19 pm

I got an email confirmation today that mine are shipping. We will see what kind of random lot I end up with when they get here.