Experience with LEGO Customer service

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
lukeskywalker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Experience with LEGO Customer service

Post by lukeskywalker » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:40 am

hatcher wrote:I can't remember what store it was, but years ago I saw LEGO sets wrapped with those electronic theft prevention wires you see around high end electronics. If you wanted to buy it, you had to have the thing removed at the cash. Of course, since the box is made of cardboard, I failed to see how this would prevent someone from cutting into it and removing the bags.

I don't think there is one answer to this problem. I guess the old adage about letting the buyer beware still holds true, and open box as soon as you get home.
My borders does this.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:41 am

hatcher wrote:I can't remember what store it was, but years ago I saw LEGO sets wrapped with those electronic theft prevention wires you see around high end electronics. If you wanted to buy it, you had to have the thing removed at the cash....
Target still does that with sets over $100
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

lukeskywalker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lukeskywalker » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:11 am

ncbarrett wrote:
hatcher wrote:I can't remember what store it was, but years ago I saw LEGO sets wrapped with those electronic theft prevention wires you see around high end electronics. If you wanted to buy it, you had to have the thing removed at the cash....
Target still does that with sets over $100
Borders seems to do it by the size of the boxes. So they'll secure 50$ sets and leave the bigger ones unguarded.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:20 pm

hatcher wrote:I can't remember what store it was, but years ago I saw LEGO sets wrapped with those electronic theft prevention wires you see around high end electronics.
They do that with sets valued over $100 or so at Toys R Us. They had the Queen Anne's Revenge set in the wire thing the last time I went.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:55 pm

Just thought I'd share own experience with LEGO Customer Service.

I purchased the 8097 Slave 1 set from Walmart a few weeks ago. When I got home and opened it up, I noticed that all the minifigs (and all their accessories) were missing! Even the frozen Han Solo carbonite piece was missing! I inspected the box immediately, and the seals didn't look like they were tampered with, and all the bags were sealed too.

Because I'm not at all confident that Walmart's customer service would help me, I decided to send an email to LEGO customer service for a missing pieces request. They replied back the next day, asking for a proof-of-purchase, which they explained to me was required when dealing with licensed sets. I sent them the required info, and received another reply stating that the pieces were were going to be shipped to me. So after about 8 days after my initial email, I received the missing minifigs!

It's refreshing to know that there's a company out there that not only stands behind the quality of their products, but will back it up with excellent customer service to create an overall satisfying experience.

ImmortalShark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ImmortalShark » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:48 pm

Lego Customer Service comes through again.

I bought the Lego MBA program for my kids and received a Pick-A-Brick box. I was very excited when the Lego Store opened in Sherway Gardens Mall because I thought I would get to use the box. I tried today and although the manager at the store was very helpful and tried several ways to honour the box, the computer at the store would not let him. So I emailed Lego Customer Service and they are crediting me the value of the Pick-A-Brick box towards a future purchase. I thought that was very generous of Lego since the MBA program is not available in Canada. They could have used that reason to say that I was entitled to nothing.

Well done Lego!

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:34 pm

Wonderful service call with LEGO, yet again.

I had to call them because I wasn't able to make a purchase online with my VIP card, so I emailed them and they told me I had to give them a call. The rep I was talking to was Caitlin, she was one of the best reps I have ever spoken to, very nice, helpful and humorous. So she signed me up for a new VIP card, which will take 45 days or so, to get to me in the mail, and she also transferred all my points to the new card. She also applied the points I wasn't credited for when I had a friend purchase the Maersk Train for me at the Bellevue, Seattle store a few months back. I also asked her if she had any news on an upcoming LEGO store in Vancouver, and she said no, but she did tell me that apparently, LEGO publishes ads on local newspapers if a new store is opening soon. Anyways, I'm very satisfied with this call to LEGO, plus they answer very quickly, the hold time for me is less than 3 minutes. This is one of the many reasons why I love LEGO, and always will.

roar15
I'm New !

Post by roar15 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:06 am

Ok, I've used there online form to request missing or damaged brinks several times and never had any issues. They are great. About a month ago Grandpa got my son the NXT 2.0 set he had been saving his allowance up for. It was fine for about a week and then we got the clicking brick syndrome, NXT computer brick locks up and won't do anything. I looked on line and tried all the stuff people had said worked for them to fix the brick several times and on 5 different computers (none of them would "see" the brick). My dad had bought the set on ebay (new and unopened). I called customer service, explained what was going on, and he had me try one more reset button that I had not known about. Still couldn't get it to work so he just says "looks like we need to send you another one". This is a $150 part. I didn't have to beg them to replace it, and I didn't even have to give them a credit card as payment until they got the broken one back. I was already happy with Lego's customer service from past experience but this encounter put them over the top for me.