[USA/CAN] April 2011 LEGO Store Calendar

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[USA/CAN] April 2011 LEGO Store Calendar

Post by Toys N Bricks » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:15 pm

The NEW April 2011 LEGO Store Calendar is out and the new LEGO Minifigures 8804 Series 4 will be available April 15! The back of the calendar also advertises LEGO Minifigures Series 1 pieces available from the "Build a Mini Area". This month's FREE gift is a small pick a brick box with purchases above $75. You can also earn double VIP points on LEGO Creationary and other select LEGO Games. Finally, the new LEGO City Robbers Magnet set will be 50% off as well. Thanks to forum member TooMuchDew for the calendar and staff moderator vynsane for the news.

Front of Calendar

Back of Calendar

Permalink: http://toysnbricks.com/home/usacan-apri ... -calendar/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Re: [USA/CAN] April 2011 LEGO Store Calendar

Post by atmail35 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:01 pm

The back advertises series 1 minifig elements in the build-a-mini area. I'm curious to see what they include.

possum
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by possum » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:37 pm

atmail35 wrote:The back advertises series 1 minifig elements in the build-a-mini area. I'm curious to see what they include.
I hope it's zombies.
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:39 pm

atmail35 wrote:The back advertises series 1 minifig elements in the build-a-mini area. I'm curious to see what they include.

Do all the stores have those now? I have only gone to one in the last few years and didn't see it.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:23 pm

WOW! I totally missed that part about the CMFs1 pieces making their way to the BaMF station! I never expected to see that!

I have oddly mixed feelings about that. On the one hand, it's cool to be able to get additional pieces of the figures you want, but on the other hand it kinda undermines the exclusivity of the CMFs.

I like the idea that I don't necessarily have to scramble to get all the figures from each series immediately (if they, in fact, continue the trend and add each series in succession - this might be a one-off for s1 due to the relative rarity), but have to wonder if that's going to further effect the sales of additional forthcoming releases - we've seen CMFs3 linger on shelves much longer than its predecessors, and I refuse to believe it's only due to a larger production run and not, also, the increase in price.

All that said, I'd definitely grab a bunch of s1 Spaceman torsos, legs and helmets given the chance... and more Space Villain pieces, as well. I'll need more of the 'other' Blacktron 3 torso to go along with these beauties:

JACKPOT!!! by vynsane, on Flickr
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:42 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:

Do all the stores have those now? I have only gone to one in the last few years and didn't see it.
Meaning the parts "bar"? The 3 stores in Massachusetts have it and the stores are different sizes, one is noticably smaller (Burlington). You could call and ask.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:51 pm

My initial thought is that they would have misc/incomplete parts - for example the zombie head but no torso/legs. Or the will have the complete figure to force people to buy 3 at $9.99.

The Feb calendar advertised new elements but I haven't seen any new accessories...same old gobblets, mugs, grey suitcase. Has anyone else seen new stuff?
Last edited by atmail35 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:56 pm

atmail35 wrote:The Feb calendar advertised new elements but I haven't seen any new acessories...same old gobblets, mugs, grey suitcase. Has anyone else seen new stuff?
Yeah, the ten 'Rench' torsos I posted above were all found at the BaMF station in the Roosevelt Field, Long Island store. It's not necessarily 3 minifigures, but 15 elements - so you can get 15 pairs of legs if you want. I ended up getting those 10 torsos, two heads (one being a 'Helena Tova' head from Pharaoh's Quest), and three 'Irina Spalko' hair pieces.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:08 pm

vynsane wrote: Yeah, the ten 'Rench' torsos I posted above were all found at the BaMF station in the Roosevelt Field, Long Island store. It's not necessarily 3 minifigures, but 15 elements - so you can get 15 pairs of legs if you want. I ended up getting those 10 torsos, two heads (one being a 'Helena Tova' head from Pharaoh's Quest), and three 'Irina Spalko' hair pieces.
I didn't realize you could do that. I'd take extra torso/legs over the accesories.

Asterios
Knight
Knight

Post by Asterios » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:45 am

And Here LEGO said that the CMF's parts and accesories would not be available anywhere else.

super12
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by super12 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:52 pm

two words... "Robot Army"... it's going to be AWESOME!

Mom2Nate
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Mom2Nate » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:53 am

I am curious why the Downtown Disney event is crossed out? Was that done by Toys n Bricks or LEGO? Thanks for the info:)

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:57 am

Mom2Nate wrote:I am curious why the Downtown Disney event is crossed out? Was that done by Toys n Bricks or LEGO? Thanks for the info:)
It was on the original image. According to TooMuchDew, the OP (original poster) of the calendar:
Reportedly the LEGO Store at Downtown Disney in Orlando Florida is changing its Grand Re-Opening date from April 22-24 to another weekend date to be announced soon. Check stores.lego.com/en-us/Orlando/LandingPage.aspx or this space for updates. I believe LEGO will be issuing a corrected version of this calendar which I will post when received to replace this one.

indiababu
Citizen
Citizen

Post by indiababu » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 am

I thought April 21 they were opening the LEGO store in Toronto. Is that still on?

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:53 am

indiababu wrote:I thought April 21 they were opening the LEGO store in Toronto. Is that still on?
I believe it is on the May calendar. You can see it here: http://www.toysnbricks.com/forums/viewt ... =52&t=2708 May 13-15 is the Grand Opening celebration, they might be open before then though.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:29 am

atmail35 wrote:
indiababu wrote:I thought April 21 they were opening the LEGO store in Toronto. Is that still on?
I believe it is on the May calendar. You can see it here: http://www.toysnbricks.com/forums/viewt ... =52&t=2708 May 13-15 is the Grand Opening celebration, they might be open before then though.
Most businesses including LEGO stores have soft openings several weeks before grand openings.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:44 am

ncbarrett wrote:Most businesses including LEGO stores have soft openings several weeks before grand openings.
I agree, they like to work out the kinks and get the sales associates familiar with everything. It's definitely worth a call to the store to see if there is a recorded message on when they might open for business. I don't recall seeing on the monthly calendar "actual" opening dates, just the grand opening celebrations.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:52 pm

I have been to the LEGO Store a few times, and I noticed that they put next month's store calendar in the middle of the month. So my question is, if I go and they don't have the April calendar out but instead they have the May calendar, is it okay if I just print out the April calendar myself?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:31 am

The offers are good with or without the calendar. They will most likely give you the promotion automatically, but if they don't just tell them you read about it in the calendar. My wife bought a bunch of stuff for me for Father's Day during the double VIP points promo last year, and also got the free 4899 Tractor without even asking.