[USA/CAN] LEGO Harry Potter Diagon Alley-Now Available

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[USA/CAN] LEGO Harry Potter Diagon Alley-Now Available

Post by Toys N Bricks » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:17 pm

The LEGO exclusive Harry Potter 10217 Diagon Alley is now available in North America! Don't forget you get a FREE LEGO NinjaGo Sensei Wu Keychain with this purchase as well.

Order Now: $149.99 USA | $199.99 Canada

Permalink: http://toysnbricks.com/blog/usacan-lego ... -available
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [USA/CAN] LEGO Harry Potter Diagon Alley-Now Available

Post by Toronadian » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:15 am

Hurray for the $50 disparity between the American and Canadian prices, as usual. Sigh.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:08 pm

Toronadian wrote:Hurray for the $50 disparity between the American and Canadian prices, as usual. Sigh.
Yep :(
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

Tomatoe
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Tomatoe » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:42 pm

Hodgeman wrote:
Toronadian wrote:Hurray for the $50 disparity between the American and Canadian prices, as usual. Sigh.
The only thing that is the same price in Canada are the series 3 figures.

autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by autobrick » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:28 pm

Tomatoe wrote:
Hodgeman wrote:
When it was revealed that the US MSRP was the same as the Canadian one for the Series 3 figures, I was happy because I thought TLG was finally acknowledging the price disparity and was looking to close the gap in 2011 (not that they would make the prices the same, but at least make them closer). I guess not.

The worst part is that Diagon Alley is an exclusive to Lego stores/online, meaning there is little chance it will go on sale.

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:55 pm

I think the only reason the CMF's arent 4.99 is because thats what our Impulse sets are priced at, and they are in no way the same value.

Alyvin
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Alyvin » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:24 am

autobrick wrote:
Tomatoe wrote:
Hodgeman wrote:
When it was revealed that the US MSRP was the same as the Canadian one for the Series 3 figures, I was happy because I thought TLG was finally acknowledging the price disparity and was looking to close the gap in 2011 (not that they would make the prices the same, but at least make them closer). I guess not.

The worst part is that Diagon Alley is an exclusive to Lego stores/online, meaning there is little chance it will go on sale.
TLG recently lowered some of the Canadian MSRP. Creationary is $39.99 which used to be $44.99 and Medieval Market Village is $134.99 which used to be $149.99.

For the january Lego wave, $69.99 sets are now $64.99 and $26.99 sets are now $24.99. The new magnets and keychains are very close to the US msrp now (only $0.49 more). I know its not much, but I just want to point out to people that TLG did lower the prices a bit. With a 25% off discount, you can score a little below the US msrp. The price ratio is still ridiculous but at least its better than nothing.