Lego Store - Downtown Disney - Orlando

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Lego Store - Downtown Disney - Orlando

Post by turtle1173 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:29 am

Hi all,

My family and I are getting ready to head down to Disney World for a week. My 8 year old son is more excited about the Lego store than he is Disney World, LOL (Ok, maybe I am too :D ). Neither of us have ever been to one before, as there's nothing remotely close to where we live.

I was wanting to find out if this is a good store down at Disney, if it's large, what to expect, etc. Things like that. With my son being very worked up about this, will he be let down or will it meet expectations? Do they ever have sales at the stores, or is everything MSRP? What will we find there that we can't get at TRU, Target, etc.?

Thanks for any insight you can give.

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Lego Store - Downtown Disney - Orlando

Post by BobaFett2 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:20 pm

turtle1173 wrote:Hi all,

My family and I are getting ready to head down to Disney World for a week. My 8 year old son is more excited about the Lego store than he is Disney World, LOL (Ok, maybe I am too :D ). Neither of us have ever been to one before, as there's nothing remotely close to where we live.

I was wanting to find out if this is a good store down at Disney, if it's large, what to expect, etc. Things like that. With my son being very worked up about this, will he be let down or will it meet expectations? Do they ever have sales at the stores, or is everything MSRP? What will we find there that we can't get at TRU, Target, etc.?

Thanks for any insight you can give.
If it's a LEGO Brand Store, it will probably be MSRP. There will be sales, most likely the ones that LEGO currently has. I don't think that you will find anything that you can't get at TRU, though.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

jsnweitzel
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by jsnweitzel » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:21 pm

The only Lego store I've been to is the one at Disney while on a business trip.

I wasn't impressed but I didn't have my son with me for youthful enthusiasm. They had current items (at that time) in stock and a few minor sales going on.

The store had the build a mini-fig station. The prices are kind of inflated, I think it was $10 for 3 figs, but I thought I'd be clever and make a mini of myself, wife and son as a present for him when I got back. Selection was limited but I was able to find accurate depictions of each of us. Then I decided that we looked boring. Dad in a suit, etc... So I changed a few parts and our minis became a pirate family. I think he enjoyed that a little more.

They have the pick a brick wall but I didn't see anything that justified the price.

There were a few brick statues in the store. there are a few more "around the world" type displays on the outside of the store walls (russia, london, etc..).

The cool factor I guess would be the large brick statues they have outside. A large sea serpent built out of legos coming from the lake. A giant Mech type robot. A T-Rex (I think). A very life like family walking dogs.
The would the photo opportunities.

I'm sure your family will enjoy it and I'm glad that i checked it out but it wasn't as grand as I thought it would be.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:18 pm

I've heard it isn't all that different from other LEGO stores. It has the typical LEGO statues that are unique to each location, the pick a brick wall, a large selection of LEGO and the minifigure construction area. The stores are always worth going to though so I would still recommend popping in.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:48 pm

I appreciate all the comments. We are leaving out tomorrow from Missouri. My son and I are hoping to see a built death star up close and hopefully a UCS falcon. :D

Thanks

brickz
Knight
Knight

Post by brickz » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:57 pm

I don't think it will have a display for the falcon cause its retired. But for sure you'll see some of the newer lego exclusives. They all look very nice in those display glass. :)

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:08 pm

We've been having fun at Disney this weekend. My son bought the medieval market, a PaB bucket and built 3 pirate figs. Very cool. Disappointing that there is not a built falcon or death star. I've enjoyed seeing the AtAt built, as well as many other sets. Oh, especially the imperial flagship. That thing is awesome.

strongholds
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by strongholds » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:33 pm

I wish I could see these in person, but theres no lego stores in my area. :(