[USA] Target 30062 Kingdoms polybag

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
legohunter
Count
Count

Re: [USA] Target 30062 Kingdoms polybag

Post by legohunter » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:45 am

Bricksnapper52 wrote:Tell me, this isn't worth $8 bucks? :D
Cool. It will be prefect if the set comes with a shield.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:32 pm

Ya, I prefer melee knights over archers =)
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:23 pm

I noticed at my local target (Braintree, MA) that the polybags have totally disappeared from the checkout stands (no tags either). They only had Toy Story and the City Fire Helicopter but I wonder if those were clearanced. I didn't see them anywhere around the store.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:38 pm

Anyone have any idea where they put discounted polybags at Target?
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:30 pm

I went to the Natick, MA Target today and all the polybags were at the registers and full price. I'm not sure why the other store removed/moved them. I finally was able to buy the kingdoms bag.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:11 pm

Luciant wrote:Anyone have any idea where they put discounted polybags at Target?
During Christmas, they had polybags (and collectible minifigs) in little compartments along the wall in the Christmas section. I've noticed that Target more or less always has a holiday section going (thanksgiving becomes christmas becomes new years becomes valentines...). I would check there. I don't know if they actually discount polybags though; they're already pretty cheap...

The only other place I've seen polybags in Target is at the registers. It's usually the bottom-right-hand item, you might have to bend over because sometimes they're shoved back and hiding on their peg.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:52 pm

You know what was funny, I have been making orders for pieces on Bricklink all week. Yet when I was looking for 30061, I was only checking eBay. I almost pulled the trigger for the 5x lot listing, but stopped myself. Reading over this thread said to check Bricklink. DUH! I almost goofed up. (Placed another Bricklink order. Thanks.)

I grabbed a bunch of 30062 when I first spotted them at Target (weeks later than other sightings). There were still a ton left after I was through, but I wouldn't be surprised if these are selling out. It's the best minifig-based polybag set yet.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:55 pm

If anyone is still looking, Framingham, MA Target has quite a few at the checkouts. It seems like they restocked these as last month there were just a few remaining, but today there were a lot more. You may need to check multiple aisles as they were not in each one.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:53 am

peanut wrote:Has anyone seen these in Washington state yet?
Picked up two bags of 30062 at Bellingham. There are about 8 bags left hanging next to the check out counter. Also picked up the last bag of 30071 Toy Story Army Jeep. Paid MSRP for all of them.

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:59 am

Nice! I still haven't found any in the Seattle area. Fully stocked with helicopters, toy story jeep, and the occasional Atlantis sub since last fall but they never seem to vary at the registers.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:14 am

peanut wrote:Nice! I still haven't found any in the Seattle area. Fully stocked with helicopters, toy story jeep, and the occasional Atlantis sub since last fall but they never seem to vary at the registers.
May be there are many army builders in Seattle area. :D

JAYMATIK
Peasant
Peasant

Post by JAYMATIK » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:59 am

legohunter wrote:
peanut wrote:Nice! I still haven't found any in the Seattle area. Fully stocked with helicopters, toy story jeep, and the occasional Atlantis sub since last fall but they never seem to vary at the registers.
May be there are many army builders in Seattle area. :D
For a better bang for your buck in building armies, buying 7949 or 7950 would be better. I still don't understand why so many people are hyped about this polybag. Not that special as far as parts go. Is it the apple? Drumstick?

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:34 am

JAYMATIK wrote:
legohunter wrote: May be there are many army builders in Seattle area. :D
For a better bang for your buck in building armies, buying 7949 or 7950 would be better. I still don't understand why so many people are hyped about this polybag. Not that special as far as parts go. Is it the apple? Drumstick?
Heh. You're right there isn't a lot here that is unique. For me, I just wanted it as a "completionist" sort of thing. Also, it's fun to have small polybags or impulses to open and make you feel a little better after a bad day or fight off the Lego cravings. Also, I like the two apples and the leaf part because I can never get enough greenery.

Note that in 30061 (the dragon knight attack wagon polybag) - that's pretty much the same story. That figure has a head that has only appeared in 2009 Pirates theme sets. 30061 hasn't been spotted in the US/CAN as far as I know. I have hopes it'll show up in the second half of the year to replace 30062 on store racks.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:43 am

JAYMATIK wrote:For a better bang for your buck in building armies, buying 7949 or 7950 would be better. I still don't understand why so many people are hyped about this polybag. Not that special as far as parts go. Is it the apple? Drumstick?
Polybags are not for myself. I already got several boxes of 7949 to fill up the King's caslte.

You may not know.....polybag is an excellent reward for kids who has been acting good or achiving a goal. Some boys had more fun working on the polybag than CMF.