LEGO 8803 Collectable Minifigures Series 3 Availability

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
sweener
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: LEGO 8803 Collectable Minifigures Series 3 Availability

Post by sweener » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:40 pm

Has anyone spotted these at Meijer's yet and if so, where were they located in the store?

Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:49 pm

Kyle (Cygnet) over at The Ugly Duckling at Bricklink has created a Google Map where you can add pins to where you have spotted LEGO 8803 Collectable Minifigures Series 3. A very cool and unique concept so be sure to check it out!

Permalink: http://toysnbricks.com/blog/google-map- ... inifigures
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:38 pm

went back to my tru today in northern IN and they were already jacked up to 3.99!!!!! They got them in on tues and were 2.99, now 3.99 by weeks' end...guess i will be trying to trade to complete my set instead of buying more....

Also note there were two practically full boxes of these on the shelves, but nearly the entire lego aisle was empty from the bogo sale....should tell you that at 3 bucks these will still sell...obv at 4 nobody wants to touch them

Unknown
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Unknown » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:15 pm

$4 for a figure now? Better order online for $3 now before they jack up the price even more.

flpanthers1
Peasant
Peasant

TRUs rip-off!!!

Post by flpanthers1 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:58 pm

Wow, so I went to get a set for my niece last night, and didn't see anything, but a lonely single mini-fig sitting on a display case. I picked it up, took it to the front desk and asked if they were getting anymore. "Tomorrow they should be here." Tomorrow meaning today. So I bought the one I had for $2.99. I think this is a little steep for this set since all the other sets had been 1.99 to 2.99.

About 2 hours ago I went back to TRUs to get my niece a City set, and sure enough there were two cases. I looked a the price of 3.99, and was stunned. that's worse than the price for gasoline. I bought 7, and wanted to try the cheat codes. I'll be taking these back. Hopefully Target or Lego Shop will be getting these sometime soon. Talk about price gouging.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:37 pm

Tru in NYC has been at $3.99 since series 2. Plus they limit you. But it also depends on the person who helps you out. I was lucky to pick some up with the BOGO deal. Otherwise, I will wait until Lego sells them.

TRU by me has not restocked any lego for the last two days. I didn't even take advantage of the sw bogo coupon due to the lack of selection.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:24 pm

As of today, TRU in Maryland has gone to 3.99 for Figs. I understand they can get away with a "availablity" markup...but a 100% markup over MSRP? I'll pass. They let me leave the store with the last 6 they had at 2.99 because that is what the shelf sticker still stated.

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:56 pm

Have anyone gotten a fisherman...I couldnt identify that one from the whole box that they had...any tips on fisherman???

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:19 am

gabriellee11 wrote:Have anyone gotten a fisherman...I couldnt identify that one from the whole box that they had...any tips on fisherman???

Both the Fishing pole and the line are fairly easy to feel through the bag

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:11 am

I tried the TRU, Five Below, and Target in Nashua, NH today, no luck.

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:11 am

4 bucks a figure?? Uh forget that.. i'll wait out until lego.com has them for hopefully 1.99 and randomly get 16. It's a figure without any vehicle unlike their little packs they normally sell. Aren't they supposed to pricematch their online shop too so yo ucould at least get them for 2.99 per their website?

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:17 am

4 dollars it too much for 1 Minifigure with low-quality printing.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:22 am

oocaleb101oo wrote:4 bucks a figure?? Uh forget that.. i'll wait out until lego.com has them for hopefully 1.99 and randomly get 16. It's a figure without any vehicle unlike their little packs they normally sell. Aren't they supposed to pricematch their online shop too so yo ucould at least get them for 2.99 per their website?
Hah, just went on their website and they changed the price from 2.99 to 3.99 per figure. I take back what I said... this is getting absurd.

mhornet
I'm New !

Post by mhornet » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:00 am

gabriellee11 wrote:Have anyone gotten a fisherman...I couldnt identify that one from the whole box that they had...any tips on fisherman???
Look for the fish as well. I had trouble finding the pole, but found the fish.

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:03 am

just to reiterate....those in the midwest with meijer locations should be able to find series 2 and 3 in abundance for 1.99 a figure in the holiday stocking stuffer aisles. avoid paying more than this as they will be more widely available in the coming weeks.....the fact that series 2 are still available after months of release should tell you to hold off on 4 bucks a figure....even three a figure is too much...

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:11 pm

Four dollars a figure at TRU.com is crazy. I wonder how much Lego S@H is going to be charging for them. If they are raised up to three dollars a piece how long do you think it would take before they sell out?

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:51 am

sweener wrote:Has anyone spotted these at Meijer's yet and if so, where were they located in the store?
Found them at Meijer (Monroe, MI store) yesterday, in stocking stuffer sestion with the series 2.

only 1.99 each!!
Needless to say I bought alot of them. :lol:

And lego.com has the series 3 website up.

http://minifigures.lego.com/en-US/defau ... inifigures
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:55 am

Nice, I love the bios they come up with for these guys. The "Space Villain" bio is so chock-full of Classic Space and beyond it made me squee:
Space villain
“There’s no villainy like space villainy!”

As a member of a shadowy criminal organization feared throughout the seven galaxies, the Space Villain really knows his outer space bad-guy stuff. He can hotwire a rocket neutron drive in zero-G, melt through solid plasmodic hypersteel with his nova-ray blaster, and sneak past a FuturonCorp security-bot in under 3.6 quarkoids, all while blindfolded.

Of course, full-time space villainy isn’t easy. Over the stellar cycles, the Space Villain has lost an eye in a warpship chase over Spyrius IV, misplaced a leg in the meteor mines of the Insectoid hivefleet, and he thinks his right arm might be somewhere at the other end of a black hole. Still, he wouldn’t give up his job for all the quasar rubies in the M-Tron Nebula...which just so happen to be the very next thing he’s planning to steal!
Also, the fact that they've updated CMFs3 on the site after the leak of CMFs4 promo pics further lends credence to my theory that someone at LEGO uploaded from the wrong folder ;)
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:45 am

If series 3 is up on the website, does that mean that lego will be selling them soon? I should stop by the store on the way home.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:51 am

slacker wrote:If series 3 is up on the website, does that mean that lego will be selling them soon? I should stop by the store on the way home.
I'd say that is very likely they will have them soon, if not already.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!