LEGO 8803 Collectable Minifigures Series 3 Availability

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
legogeek
Knight
Knight

Re: [USA] LEGO 8803 Minifigures Series 3 - Now at Fred Myer

Post by legogeek » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:27 pm

Brickbuilder0937 wrote:Does he mean they "have" them in stock or they "had" them in stock?
They "had" them instock but they already brought them all.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:42 pm

Wow. I cannot even find a place that is taking retail preorders of display boxes or master cases. I'd expect to be able to do so at entertainmentearth before it hit the street. BBTS is selling them in groups of 40 which is not what I want plus they are now charging $135 for that 40 when they use to sell the box of 60 for $130.

Although BBTS never really sold Series 1 & 2 because their distributor never fulfilled the orders. So I missed out on a master case of Series 1 minifigures plus a Series 2 box.

I bought a lab scale in anticipation of series 3+. It is accurate to 0.01 grams. I tested it with five different Series 2 figures. Three of them had their unique weight, but two of them were very close which throws off the +/- 0.01 margin of error. I should chart all 16 to see how many overlap, but at least 3 Spartans all weighed identical.

For people who are going to buy from 3rd party sellers, watch out if they have "a random lot". I bet they will use the lab scale technique and you will not get your elves. I also expect lots of turn-over from the stores. They will sell a bunch and then people will bring them back in unusual numbers because they used the lab scale to sort them. This might hurt the distribution for series 4+ because stores will have high returns even though they will sell them all eventually.

InfectiousZombie
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by InfectiousZombie » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:47 pm

Found some at one of my local fred meyers in salem oregon. Picked up 40 packs. Got one full set and most of another plus extras!

r4-g9
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by r4-g9 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:56 pm

InfectiousZombie wrote:Found some at one of my local fred meyers in salem oregon. Picked up 40 packs. Got one full set and most of another plus extras!
what are you planing to do with the extras?

InfectiousZombie
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by InfectiousZombie » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:22 pm

r4-g9 wrote:
InfectiousZombie wrote:Found some at one of my local fred meyers in salem oregon. Picked up 40 packs. Got one full set and most of another plus extras!

Probably eat them.

r4-g9
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by r4-g9 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:36 pm

InfectiousZombie wrote:
r4-g9 wrote:

Probably eat them.
i hope that you like them

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:03 pm

r4-g9 wrote:
InfectiousZombie wrote:
r4-g9 wrote:

Probably eat them.
i hope that you like them
Yummy! Series 3 for breakfast! :)

afol30
I'm New !

Post by afol30 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:13 am

I went to my local Fred Meyer and bought a box. They had at least 7 or 8 boxes sitting on the shelf in various places. Before you complain I have no intention of keeping all 60 from the box. I am only keeping one of each (plus my one screwup) and returning the rest for someone else to enjoy. I was able to guess all 16 correctly by feel alone. I got careless toward the end and opened a snowboarder after feeling the visor but no laser gun and assumed it was the race car driver.

I can post the breakdown of how many of each in the box if anyone wants.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:49 am

afol30 wrote:... I got careless toward the end and opened a snowboarder after feeling the visor but no laser gun and assumed it was the race car driver. ..
I'll take the extra snowboarder if you want to unload her.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:05 am

afol30 wrote:I can post the breakdown of how many of each in the box if anyone wants.
Please.

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:17 am

Anyone up north interested in buying an unsorted box and resell'n to me with it being close to cost? Yeah i know I know, but i figured i'd ask...

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:24 am

afol30 wrote:I can post the breakdown of how many of each in the box if anyone wants.
that would be greatly appreciated!
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

willf226
I'm New !

Post by willf226 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:30 am

Where was your fred meyer :roll:

afol30
I'm New !

Post by afol30 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:55 am

Keep in mind I only opened one of each (plus the extra snowboarder). I feel the numbers are 99% accurate as once you know what to look for it's easy to feel for the bow in the elf, or the laser gun with a visor for the cyborg etc.

Elf – 3
Very easy to feel the shield or bow. Cool figure and comes with a lot of accessories.

Fisherman - 2
Very easy to feel the long skinny fishing pole. Again cool figure with lots of accessories.

Hawaiian dancer - 1
This was one of the tougher figures to feel, possibly because there was only a single one in my box. The skirt is a pain to put on and mine did not fit exactly right.

Indian chief - 3
Very easy to feel the headdress or spear.

Sumo wrestler - 4
Moderately easy to feel the trophy. Might have to shake the pack a bit to get it to drop to the bottom.

Street punk - 5
Very easy to feel the microphone. Just don’t accidentally think it’s the maracas from the Hawaiian dancer.

Snowboarder - 2
Moderately easy to feel the snowboard.

Pilot - 4
Very easy to feel the backpack.

Alien - 4
Moderately easy to feel. Find a laser gun then check for either the alien head or a visor (which means it’s the cyborg).

Baseball player - 4
Very easy to feel the bat as the grip is unique.

Samarai warrior - 4
This one was a little tougher for me, but if you can find the sword its easy. The problem is there is a lot of pieces and it’s hard to isolate one inside the pack. One thing to note, the body armor is a cheap soft plastic and not the hard plastic of the similar castle ones.

Race car driver - 3
This was probably the toughest one to find. The only distinguishing thing is the visor. Since it’s very easy for pieces to get stuck finding a visor means it could be one of four figures.

Tennis player - 3
Simple to find once you can feel the tennis racket.

Gorilla costume - 3
Moderately easy to find as the banana is easy to find and the gorilla head is huge in the packaging. My wife got a big kick out of this guy.

Cyborg – 4
Just like the alien, find the laser gun then look for an alien head or a visor. This figure it better than I expected.

Mummy - 5
Fairly easy to feel, just find the scorpion as it’s all one piece and isn’t flat. This figure isn’t quite as cool as I thought it was be. Perhaps it’s because the figure is stark white and not an aged yellow like I imagined.

There were also 3 packages with visors that I couldn’t tell which one it was. My guess is 2 were race car drivers but I couldn’t isolate enough pieces to be sure.
There were also 3 other packages that I had absolutely no idea. I can say for sure that they were NOT the Indian, alien, gorilla, elf, or anything with a stick (fishing pole, laser gun, sword etc.). If I had to guess it would be perhaps the tennis player, sumo wrestler, or maybe even the Hawaiian.

r4-g9
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by r4-g9 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:10 am

here is the amount of minifigs per case:
•5 figs in the case – Sumo Guy, Alien with Raygun, Mummy with Scorpion, Octan Team Race Car Driver
•4 figs in the case – Mountaineer Guy, Samurai Guy, Man in Ape Suit with Banana, Baseball Player with Bat, Tennis Lady
•3 figs in the case – Native American Chief, Elfin Bowman, Terminator Space Guy, Rapper, Snowboard Chick, Hula Girl
•2 figs in the case – Fisherman
http://brickpop.com/2010/11/17/series-3 ... -analysis/

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:39 am

Apparently not many people have worked retail, so I'm going to clear some things up. This Image is not a case, It's a display box. A case is what they come in and usually contains a half dozen display boxes.

Now that my pet peeve has been taken care of, back to the thread. :D
Last edited by Mantisking on Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:42 am

Mantisking wrote:.. A case it what they come in and usually contains a half dozen display boxes...
Of course, you mean "A case is what... :mrgreen:
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:48 am

Mantisking wrote:.. A case it what they come in and usually contains a half dozen display boxes...
ncbarrett wrote:Of course, you mean "A case is what... :mrgreen:
I don't know what you're talking about. :oops:

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:54 am

I was under the impression that a case of CMF held only two display boxes, but I could be wrong.

I can't wait to get the cyborg, that's my favorite of this series. Black SP3 commando helmet, trans yellow visor, Blacktron logo, awesome Borg head, raygun with red laser beam... OMG, I don't understand why he's not on everyone's 'must' list. I'm getting at least five of him.The alien is awesome, too, with the gold raygun and purple laser beam.

I'm more hyped for this series than I was for CMFs2.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

swfan
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by swfan » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:42 pm

Good thing the fisherman isn't an army builder figure. Its still a popular figure like the cheerleader and surfer but not as cracy as a spartan or zombie I cannot imagine if it was the elf that had 2.