LEGO 8803 Collectable Minifigures Series 3 Availability

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
spock00
Citizen
Citizen

Re: LEGO 8803 Collectable Minifigures Series 3 Availability

Post by spock00 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:12 pm

HAHA I know what you mean :lol:

spock00
Citizen
Citizen

Post by spock00 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:20 pm

Sorry to bombard the thread but does anyone know where the cheapest deal is for series 3 online that can be shipped to the U.S.?

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:05 pm

I think as it stands right now you can get em from lego.com and use the br120 to soften the shipping blow OR tru.com and order over $100 worth so you get free shipping and just pay tax. Either way it's putting you at $2.99 per figure. I guess the good deal about TRU is you can probably return the duplicates instore if you have a local one around.

spock00
Citizen
Citizen

Post by spock00 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:15 pm

oocaleb101oo wrote:I think as it stands right now you can get em from lego.com and use the br120 to soften the shipping blow OR tru.com and order over $100 worth so you get free shipping and just pay tax. Either way it's putting you at $2.99 per figure. I guess the good deal about TRU is you can probably return the duplicates instore if you have a local one around.
Why not resale the dups on eBay or something for $4.99 +?

One other problem with Lego.com, they have a 16 max for those figs. Darn! :shock:

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:21 pm

spock00 wrote:
oocaleb101oo wrote:I think as it stands right now you can get em from lego.com and use the br120 to soften the shipping blow OR tru.com and order over $100 worth so you get free shipping and just pay tax. Either way it's putting you at $2.99 per figure. I guess the good deal about TRU is you can probably return the duplicates instore if you have a local one around.

One other problem with Lego.com, they have a 16 max for those figs. Darn! :shock:
Yeah, but if they didn't, they would all be gone. If only they would just not limit these things...
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

spock00
Citizen
Citizen

Post by spock00 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:23 pm

BobaFett2 wrote:
spock00 wrote:

Yeah, but if they didn't, they would all be gone. If only they would just not limit these things...
Then Lego should make more and stock the shelves. They'll make more $ anyway....

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:59 pm

spock00 wrote:

True, which is why I bought a series 1 box and a series 2 box and I have yet to put the duplicates up for sale :( I'm lazy haha. I need to list though.

MrDisco
Citizen
Citizen

Post by MrDisco » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:57 pm

I just received my 16 minifigs from S&H here in Toronto. I'm trying to decode the dots and I'm absolutely stumped. I've got a LED flashlight and I'm carefully examining the package and I've come to the conclusion that

a) this is a hopeless cause
or
b) the Canadian minifigs have a different code than the US

i'm going by the 'improved' chart on Flickr and the first thing i noticed right away was that the code # is different. It says "538B0" while all of my packages say "138B0". I also have some packs which have absolutely no bumps on the right side - either it's faint and I just can't see it or something is up.

Any other Canucks have better luck than me?

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:56 am

just invest in an x-ray machine. or hold your dentist hostage and use hers. lol...

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:41 am

MrDisco wrote:I just received my 16 minifigs from S&H here in Toronto. I'm trying to decode the dots and I'm absolutely stumped. I've got a LED flashlight and I'm carefully examining the package and I've come to the conclusion that

or

i'm going by the 'improved' chart on Flickr and the first thing i noticed right away was that the code # is different. It says "538B0" while all of my packages say "138B0". I also have some packs which have absolutely no bumps on the right side - either it's faint and I just can't see it or something is up.

As said above, the dots aren't reliable. You can try feeling the package, but the paper screws that up.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

r4-g9
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by r4-g9 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:27 am

MrDisco wrote:I just received my 16 minifigs from S&H here in Toronto. I'm trying to decode the dots and I'm absolutely stumped. I've got a LED flashlight and I'm carefully examining the package and I've come to the conclusion that

or

i found the same thing at the lego store, some had dots, abut most did not so i chose to feel them instead.

MrDisco
Citizen
Citizen

Post by MrDisco » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:49 am

BobaFett2 wrote: As said above, the dots aren't reliable. You can try feeling the package, but the paper screws that up.
i've been groping the package but it all feels the same to me - lumps of plastic :P

hmm well this is quite the conundrum!

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:06 pm

I can confirm that Target stores in Indianapolis are carrying CMF Series 3. Price is $2.99. They are located in the Valentine's Day section.
CMF3 - Target.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BB.206
Citizen
Citizen

Post by BB.206 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:41 pm

^Did you happen to get the DCPI number? It was 204-00-0360 for series 2 -- is it the same for this series? Thanks.

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:15 am

sidersdd wrote:I can confirm that Target stores in Indianapolis are carrying CMF Series 3. Price is $2.99. They are located in the Valentine's Day section.
CMF3 - Target.JPG
-wipes tear from eye- They look so beautiful.... gives me the motivation to check out my local target, but if what happened last time happens this time.. the only thing i'll be seeing is the stupid tag and no figures. I don't think they ever showed up at either target.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:48 pm

If all you see is the tag, pester every sales employee you see to check the back for you. I checked the Target near me every single day for the Series 2 figures until they told me they arrived and then finally found an employee to go in the back for me after a few of them told me I just had to wait for them to put it out on the shelves.

Persistence is key here.

I've got all of them except the sumo wrestler and the snowboarder now : ) I pulled two random packets out and got two fisherman on the first try. I was stoked!
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:33 pm

BB.206 wrote:^Did you happen to get the DCPI number? It was 204-00-0360 for series 2 -- is it the same for this series? Thanks.
What, you mean you can't read it from the photo? :) It's 204-00-0426.

WhenYouSeeIt
I'm New !

Post by WhenYouSeeIt » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:51 pm

So despite the snowstorm and being 90 minutes away from the shipping depot in Ottawa, the Fedex truck delivered my 16 minifigs today from S@H. In a darkened room with an LED flashlight I was able to identify 11/16 by the bumps without any difficulty. I'm trying to get an army of mummies going, so I kinda freaked out when the first three randoms I grabbed end up being mummies! For the 5 I couldn't easily identify by the code I went by feel, and every time I found the piece that gave it away I'd go back and reexamine the bumps and in every case I could see how they corresponded, it was just tough to see the first time through.

Didn't get the two figs I need, Gorilla Suit & Elf, but I'm pretty stoked with the haul, for my purposes.

Opened
4 x Mummies
1 x Pilot

Unopened
2 x Space Villain
1 x Samurai
1 x Baseball Player
2 x Alien
1 x Hula Dancer
1 x Snowboarder
1 x Racecar Driver
1 x Sumo Wrestler
1 x Rapper

Now if only the stores in Canada would start carrying them so I don't have to pay shipping >.<
Looking for Zombies or Pharoah's Quest Minifigs to trade for various Series 3 Minifigs including the coveted Elves and Fishermen! PM me for details. Can ship/receive in Canada & the US!

MrDisco
Citizen
Citizen

Post by MrDisco » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:29 pm

did your bumps match the graphic posted on flickr? i swear mine do not match at all.

WhenYouSeeIt
I'm New !

Post by WhenYouSeeIt » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:19 pm

I went by this guy

It's all about the lighting, looking for subtle shadows or indents. Good luck!
Looking for Zombies or Pharoah's Quest Minifigs to trade for various Series 3 Minifigs including the coveted Elves and Fishermen! PM me for details. Can ship/receive in Canada & the US!