Disney CMF at Wal-mart

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
c8h10n4o2x2
I'm New !

Disney CMF at Wal-mart

Post by c8h10n4o2x2 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:02 pm

Found two boxes at my local WM today $3.97
Ended up with 13 out of 18
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

grymg
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Disney CMF at Wal-mart

Post by grymg » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:54 pm

Same here, saw a fresh box last night and was able to pull Buzz, Ariel, Ursula, Syndrome, Hook, and Pan. The mainstays like Mickey and Minnie are hard to feel for me. Ursula is super easy, it's generally the thickest pack. I found buzz by feeling the round hollow helmet piece.

FloridaBrick
Citizen
Citizen

Post by FloridaBrick » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:23 am

@c8h10n4o2x2 where in Florida?

c8h10n4o2x2
I'm New !

Post by c8h10n4o2x2 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:07 am

Pensacola

unduli
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by unduli » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:08 pm

I've found them at four Wal-Marts in central Georgia. Got three Malificents and two Ursulas, both of which are super easy to feel for. I accidentally got a Minnie looking for an Alice, and a Mr. Incredible looking for Aladdin. I should've spent more time but workers kept walking by and looking at me, haha. I'm really looking for Alice, Aladdin, and Ariel so if anyone has any feel tips please share. I'm terrible with kinesthetics and can typically never feel these things right, haha.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:31 pm

I managed to find only a few at a Berea Walmart. There wasn't many left. I picked out a few that I wanted... Malificient, Ursula, Pan and Alice. Still looking for Hook, Stitch and Aladdin.

wuju007
Peasant
Peasant

Post by wuju007 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:16 pm

Anyone knows how to get a box in Toronto, Canada?

For the first time, I would like to get a box of the minifgs series.

c8h10n4o2x2
I'm New !

Post by c8h10n4o2x2 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:42 pm

wuju007 wrote:Anyone knows how to get a box in Toronto, Canada?

For the first time, I would like to get a box of the minifgs series.
I would try Bricklink (www.bricklink.com) or Amazon, the later would probably be the better

sgogeta4
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sgogeta4 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:52 pm

London, ON has boxes and on the middle rack at TRU.

gringoconestilo
I'm New !

Post by gringoconestilo » Sun May 01, 2016 3:41 am

unduli wrote:I'm really looking for Alice, Aladdin, and Ariel so if anyone has any feel tips please share.
For me (accurately buying the right minifigs since series 2) the key has always been a lot smaller scale--see which accessory the character you want is holding. Most sets don't have many duplicates.

This time around it still holds true; Alice has a pretty unique bottle, Aladdin has a lamp and Ariel has both a seashell and a round 1x1 piece. If you can't find the accessory piece shake the bag a bit and see if you can isolate it to one corner. There are several without accessories like Stitch and the Mickey, etc. If you don't find any accessories you may be holding one of those, and I think you'll be able to tell them apart by which have round ears and which are longer (stitch).

Takes some practice but I haven't bought a minifig I didn't intend since I started back in series 2 once I realized the accessory was easier to isolate. Don't worry about the employees, I tell them I'm trying to guess which is which. TRU employees are usually more understanding and sometimes will ask if you can find them a specific one; happy hunting!

DJTREX
I'm New !

Post by DJTREX » Sun May 01, 2016 8:38 am

Do you have a upc #?

mickey223
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by mickey223 » Sun May 01, 2016 12:05 pm

StClair wrote:I managed to find only a few at a Berea Walmart. There wasn't many left. I picked out a few that I wanted... Malificient, Ursula, Pan and Alice. Still looking for Hook, Stitch and Aladdin.
Double check. Most walmarts I've been to have gotten two boxes. I was able to get two unopened cases off the shelf and get a complete set from another box. Huge Disney fans in the family and friends. Still need one more complete set, going to use six extra from one box to trade at the May 16 Nashville store and hit another box up for the remaining six at my local Walmart this evening.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sun May 01, 2016 12:21 pm

Walmart UPC - 067341925186

Dunno Target, and have no plans to purchase from them.

Like a previous poster stated: Most Walmarts (and TRU's) will get at least 2 if not more boxes (at least on the initial shipment). It's Disney so I would expect even more, but who knows. Each box has 3 complete sets plus 6 "extras". So buying a full box if you are looking for multiple complete sets is the way to go IMO. At least that is my plan. Usually I hunt/peck for specific figs until I find a sale. In this instance, paying full price might be worth it, as I think this series will be constantly sold out and very picked through.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

ammes7
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ammes7 » Sun May 01, 2016 12:39 pm

Bought a few from a mostly full box at Virginia Walmart.

Lego.com is showing as "Sold Out" now.

tjjohn12
I'm New !

Post by tjjohn12 » Mon May 02, 2016 10:18 am

Had my local Walmart run the UPC. 50 listed in stock, nothing on the shelf. They said they're constantly getting stolen.

captainrex803
Knight
Knight

Post by captainrex803 » Mon May 02, 2016 11:42 am

Wow, I didn't realize that Walmart sold CMFs. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for them

quasicoltd
I'm New !

Post by quasicoltd » Mon May 02, 2016 4:06 pm

Two fresh boxes at Walmart. I grabbed one for myself (54, not sure it was the original number in it). Pulled almost 2 full sets (only got one Buzz and one Chesire Cat)

I'm really disappointed they didn't put "Eat Me" on Alice's mini-cake. :mrgreen: They put "Drink Me" on the bottle tough.

quasicoltd
I'm New !

Post by quasicoltd » Mon May 02, 2016 4:17 pm

tjjohn12 wrote:Had my local Walmart run the UPC. 50 listed in stock, nothing on the shelf. They said they're constantly getting stolen.
True story. I used to grab the entire box when a new set of CMF's came out and take it to the register. Almost always the clerk would just scan the bottom of the box and it rings up as $3.97. I've always had to remind them to scan them individually. They've finally started ripping the tops off the box so the clerks can see it is individual items, not just one.

That and of course these are always found on the shelves ripped open and looted as well. Toys R Us and Walgreens started putting them in security boxes. Walmart hasn't done this at any location I've seen yet. I really wish they would start. These sets are now coming out in a much more limited number than before and thievery is causing them to dry up quicker than they would otherwise.

toystest
Knight
Knight

Post by toystest » Tue May 03, 2016 3:21 am

I asked someone at my local walmart to scan one of the packages and she showed nearly 200 in stock, but only like 20 left on the shelf. She was nice enough to check in the back for me and came out with the box sealed inside a Lego cardboard shipping box with the "Do not put on shelf before may first" sticker on it. Awesome customer service!

I bought it and brought it home. Now I just need to decide if i really need 238.20$+tax worth of Disney Lego minifigs...

unduli
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by unduli » Tue May 03, 2016 7:56 am

gringoconestilo wrote:
unduli wrote:I'm really looking for Alice, Aladdin, and Ariel so if anyone has any feel tips please share.
For me (accurately buying the right minifigs since series 2) the key has always been a lot smaller scale--see which accessory the character you want is holding. Most sets don't have many duplicates.

This time around it still holds true; Alice has a pretty unique bottle, Aladdin has a lamp and Ariel has both a seashell and a round 1x1 piece. If you can't find the accessory piece shake the bag a bit and see if you can isolate it to one corner. There are several without accessories like Stitch and the Mickey, etc. If you don't find any accessories you may be holding one of those, and I think you'll be able to tell them apart by which have round ears and which are longer (stitch).

Takes some practice but I haven't bought a minifig I didn't intend since I started back in series 2 once I realized the accessory was easier to isolate. Don't worry about the employees, I tell them I'm trying to guess which is which. TRU employees are usually more understanding and sometimes will ask if you can find them a specific one; happy hunting!
Thank you so much! This greatly helped. I managed to get an Ariel and Alice yesterday and got excited by the lamp I felt and didn't browse the rest of the bag, so got saddled with a Genie instead of an Aladdin but I'll take it.