Series 15 still available at Toysrus.com

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
PoisonIvy
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Series 15 still available at Toysrus.com

Post by PoisonIvy » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:51 am

99.99% sure this has been a huge internet misunderstanding that's spiralled out of control.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:04 am

PoisonIvy wrote:99.99% sure this has been a huge internet misunderstanding that's spiralled out of control.
I'm 100% sure.

Why? Because LEGO Brand Stores are still selling them, because TRU.com is still selling them.

One store in the UK had a tech issues that said they were recalled, then they were sold out in the USA because crazy humans made a connection. If LEGO Stores didn't pull them and TRU didn't then there are no issues.

But run out and buy as many as you can!!!!!! :roll:

adol7
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by adol7 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:48 am

Sites like TMZ that thrive on gossip and rumors are popular because people like reading up on rumors, even if they aren't proven to be true. I wouldn't get so hellbent on shutting down a discussion just because it isn't "news."

I don't know if TRU shelves stocked is a good reason to claim no issues when there were plenty of Wall-Es on the shelf at the time. If that's still a rumor, they probably wouldn't have had official revised instructions to fix the neck. Not trying to justify a recall rumor, because I don't believe there is one either.

I really don't care about the Sold Out status, but some of these rumors about missing or wrong pieces would have some of us concerned who might sell a few sealed and never verified to be correct. So, it doesn't hurt to read up a little on real world experiences, verified fact or not. I bet there's at least 1 person who read the first few rumors of igniting hoverboards, moved their charging spot (just in case) and saved their house from burning down. I bet there was also someone in hoverboard forums saying it's all rumors and not news.

poniemomo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by poniemomo » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:32 pm

These seemed to sell very quickly in my area. Tru had a fresh box a couple weeks ago but with a 3 per customer limit, a few days later and the box was almost empty. Finally found a box at target and a few days after and was able to grab the last few figs I wanted, but I haven't seen any since. Maybe these are popular since this is first regular non themed set, I didn't get any of the Simpson series 2 and only got one from the monster series. Also all the tru's had them at CS.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:11 pm

poniemomo wrote:These seemed to sell very quickly in my area. Tru had a fresh box a couple weeks ago but with a 3 per customer limit, a few days later and the box was almost empty. Finally found a box at target and a few days after and was able to grab the last few figs I wanted, but I haven't seen any since. Maybe these are popular since this is first regular non themed set, I didn't get any of the Simpson series 2 and only got one from the monster series. Also all the tru's had them at CS.
Its more difficult (than usual) for me to find them also. While it may take awhile sometimes to find them in my town I can usually drive to Lexington and find them easily (bigger town.. more stores). This past weekend I was in 2x Targets, 1x Meijer, 2x Wal-marts and 1x ToysRus. I managed to find them in one Target. They had previously had them at both Targets and the ToysRus but had sold out. To the best of my knowledge they haven't shown up at any Walmarts or Meijer's in my area at all. I bought a few that I really "must" have and am hoping to see them in the future at Meijers to buy more and use Mperks (promotion) to save a few bucks. Plus my son wasn't with me and I want to pick through them with him. Good luck finding them. I really love a few of them (The Faun is great... except he can't sit properly... legs don't go forward all the way).

Richard J.
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Richard J. » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:52 pm

I haven't had any problems except not finding the Native American mama. :cry:

Other than that, I've got extras. I'm planning to update my trade list with them fairly soon.

Does anyone else wish Lego would do a accessory packs with Lego animals? Every time I see the figures in stores I start feeling for the pig so I can get a few extra.

unduli
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by unduli » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:44 pm

captainrex803 wrote:The physical LEGO stores have a good amount of Minifigures Series 15, if anyone still needed some
Yep, I saw two boxes of them at a store today. Bought a random one and it was the knight, meh. I also found out that the store at a Legoland Discovery Center doesn't give VIP points, just 5% off instead.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:14 pm

What is this? They are back in stock at S@H?! Who would have thought!? Oh yes anyone who remembers that has happened EVERY series the last couple years.

I'm fine with discussions, this is a forum, but LEGO websites were reporting it as news when it's not, when they didn't even bother calling their local LEGO Store, or even just the 1-800 number. That's silly and makes me think they wanted the rumor out their for their own gain, more web clicks, more people buying them from the site's links and the sites getting a tiny amount... maybe even personal gain.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:27 am

Facts checking is not a strong point of internet blogs and even some news agencies.

fleury
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by fleury » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:43 am

Brick & Blue wrote:What is this? They are back in stock at S@H?! Who would have thought!? Oh yes anyone who remembers that has happened EVERY series the last couple years.

I'm fine with discussions, this is a forum, but LEGO websites were reporting it as news when it's not, when they didn't even bother calling their local LEGO Store, or even just the 1-800 number. That's silly and makes me think they wanted the rumor out their for their own gain, more web clicks, more people buying them from the site's links and the sites getting a tiny amount... maybe even personal gain.

Who reported it as news?

--
Marc.