Series 15 still available at Toysrus.com

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
fleury
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Series 15 still available at Toysrus.com

Post by fleury » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:57 am

There are rumors that this series is being recalled. It now shows sold out at S@H. There might be a short window to get any more figures from this series at retail.

Currently, it appears still available at Toysrus.com. (At 5% off the retail price)

For Canadians, they are no longer on toysrus.ca, but they are still available at chapters.ca

--
Marc.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: Series 15 still available at Toysrus.com

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:09 pm

Why would they recall a limited edition series?

It is weird they are very odd they are on sale when the 13 & 14th aren't. I regret not buying some series 12 when they were $3 each.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:28 pm

Can you link to the source of the rumour?

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:51 pm

dr_spock wrote:Can you link to the source of the rumour?
Rumours have no sources. Someone says "Oh no! They are currently sold out!" and someone else picks up on it and it becomes 'news' even without any proof.

S@H often times list sets, including mini figure series, as 'Sold Out' when they don't have a backorder date and don't want more orders coming in. So they stick up 'Sold Out' and within days or weeks they come back in stock. The last Simpsons series did the same thing, and then lived long enough to be $3 each for a bit.

I wouldn't panic.

But I already bought my shark figure so I'm happy anyways. :lol:

fleury
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by fleury » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:36 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:
Rumours have no sources. Someone says "Oh no! They are currently sold out!" and someone else picks up on it and it becomes 'news' even without any proof.

The rumour wasn't that they are sold out, but that they were being pulled from shelves.

TheY haven't put it up on their blog yet, but it is being discussed on the BrickLink forums.

--
Marc.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:24 pm

If ordering from ToysRus you may want to consider... Bricktober Hotel and Bricktober ToysRus store http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=21416214 and http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=21416526 Each is currently marked down $10. Ships free with purchase of $19 or more in US now.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:20 pm

fleury wrote:
Brick & Blue wrote:

The rumour wasn't that they are sold out, but that they were being pulled from shelves.

TheY haven't put it up on their blog yet, but it is being discussed on the BrickLink forums.

--
Marc.
The rumor started because they were 'sold out' so soon, which isn't uncommon for CMF series.

My point is instead of the LEGO community making up rumors maybe everyone should just wait until we get some official word from LEGO.

adol7
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by adol7 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:23 am

Brick & Blue wrote:
C'mon now. No sources...
http://www.thebrickfan.com/issues-with- ... -15-71011/
which links to...
https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/ ... ale_today/

Sold Out is common, but people claiming parts are missing or wrong, or stores having the system deny sales that employees have never seen before....not so common.

Legotrain1
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Legotrain1 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:45 am

Brick & Blue wrote:

S@H often times list sets, including mini figure series, as 'Sold Out' when they don't have a backorder date and don't want more orders coming in. So they stick up 'Sold Out' and within days or weeks they come back in stock. The last Simpsons series did the same thing, and then lived long enough to be $3 each for a bit.

I wouldn't panic.

But I already bought my shark figure so I'm happy anyways. :lol:
Agreed, though I cannot believe it has been two months since release, as I only started seeing them in stores in February, so my guess is they will have more. Fairly certain that everyone panicked when series 14 was 'sold out' only to come back in stock a few days later, same with series 13, 12, 11, etc...

Until it says retired product I believe they will be back.

I think the rumor is there is supposedly some licensing thing with the shark guy or the wrestler, but it is all hearsay right now IMO.
Last edited by Legotrain1 on Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Legotrain1
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Legotrain1 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:50 am

StClair wrote:If ordering from ToysRus you may want to consider... Bricktober Hotel and Bricktober ToysRus store http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=21416214 and http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=21416526 Each is currently marked down $10. Ships free with purchase of $19 or more in US now.

The 40142 is also available, but apparently only ship to store.. 9.98 each.

jnparyniak
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jnparyniak » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:01 am

https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/ ... ale_today/

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:07 am

The rumor is they are missing parts...
The rumor is the parts aren't clicking correctly.....
The rumor is they are sold out....
The rumor is they are being pulled...
The rumor is shark guy is illegal...
The rumor is they actually are alive, like in Toy Story....

There is no news! The Brick Fan links to a forum. It's like if I posted a rumor right now, "I got a Mr. Gold mini figure in my series 15 bag!" The TnB then post that as news. It's not news if it comes from a forum and not verified by anyone else.

There is no basis for this 'recall' because TRU, the biggest toy chain in the world, are still selling them! LEGO would has issued a statement telling everyone to send them back before they get sued.

And above all else, this isn't the first time LEGO has had mini figures sell out within a month of their release. All the time besides with Movie series they came back within a week. LEGO will not put up a 'backorder' placeholder for the mini figures in case they can't formal all the orders, so it's 'sold out' until they get more in. I will bet that within a week they are back listed on the website.

adol7
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by adol7 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:53 am

Last edited by adol7 on Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fleury
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by fleury » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:38 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:...There is no news! The Brick Fan links to a forum. It's like if I posted a rumor right now, "I got a Mr. Gold mini figure in my series 15 bag!" The TnB then post that as news. It's not news if it comes from a forum and not verified by anyone else.

There is no basis for this 'recall' because TRU, the biggest toy chain in the world, are still selling them! LEGO would has issued a statement telling everyone to send them back before they get sued.

And above all else, this isn't the first time LEGO has had mini figures sell out within a month of their release.

Again, though:

1) This is why I specifically mentioned that it was a rumour, not news.

2) You're right that TRU would pull them if there was a recall. But they WERE pulled from Toysrus.ca (and yesterday while this was brand new, we didn't know if the US site was simply slow getting to it.)

3) The rumor was NOT caused by the series showing sold out on S@H. It was caused by what is described in that first post on Reddit:

Had to deny a S15 minifigure packet sale today due to an Emergency Product Withdrawal. Any ideas why?
As the title says, I was working tonight in TESCO in Scotland and a guy put an S15 minifigure packet on my belt. When I scanned it, my screen told me that a legal issue had caused an emergency product withdrawal so I couldn't sell it.

In the end, it sounds like this was likely just caused by some sort of a computer error or mixup at TESCO.

--
Marc.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:41 pm

Sounds like only an issue at TESCO. Someone incorrectly coded their POS system or TESCO is being sued for something CMF related and their legal put a halt on sales.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:16 pm

Went to LEGO store today for kids mini build and they had a TON of series 15 on the shelf.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

Brickred
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Brickred » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:39 pm

The rumors are true! I only found the shark Guy's feet...looks like the shark finished of the rest.

Brickred
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Brickred » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:41 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:The rumor is they are missing parts...
The rumor is the parts aren't clicking correctly.....
The rumor is they are sold out....
The rumor is they are being pulled...
The rumor is shark guy is illegal...
The rumor is they actually are alive, like in Toy Story....

There is no news! The Brick Fan links to a forum. It's like if I posted a rumor right now, "I got a Mr. Gold mini figure in my series 15 bag!" The TnB then post that as news. It's not news if it comes from a forum and not verified by anyone else.

And above all else, this isn't the first time LEGO has had mini figures sell out within a month of their release. All the time besides with Movie series they came back within a week. LEGO will not put up a 'backorder' placeholder for the mini figures in case they can't formal all the orders, so it's 'sold out' until they get more in. I will bet that within a week they are back listed on the website.
I have a strong feeling this rumor was instigated by some skalpers, it's a good way to boost sales! Spread a rumour or support one now.

captainrex803
Knight
Knight

Post by captainrex803 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:16 am

The physical LEGO stores have a good amount of Minifigures Series 15, if anyone still needed some

Buso81
I'm New !

Post by Buso81 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:51 am

Series 15 still available everywhere in Australia, lego shop online 2.