TRU Holiday Express Stores

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
strongholds
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

TRU Holiday Express Stores

Post by strongholds » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:56 am

Does anyone know what these are? I was walking pass my local mall and saw a logo outside an empty store. Are they similar to regular TRU stores and will the sales be the same?

jsnweitzel
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: TRU Holiday Express Stores

Post by jsnweitzel » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:22 am

I don't know about the sales but one of these opened at a strip mall near me. It had a small selection of all name brand toys as well as junk. I wasn't impressed.

The concept is apparently to save busy or lazy holiday shoppers from driving to the larger TRU store. The odd thing to me is that our big box store is only a few miles down the road.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:50 am

I was in my local TRU today and saw want adds for one that is opening in my town. Like the last post mentioned, this one will be literally right across the street from the one I was in. Where is the logic in that? Put it in over in the huge mall down the street, or at the other end of town or something, but right across the street? Makes little sense to me.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:46 pm

Most TRUX stores were former KB Toys locations - the size, layout and locations lead me to this conclusion. The ones I've been in look almost identical to KB Toys. A check of wikipedia clinches this theory, as TRU acquired KB in 2009.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:52 am

Our mall has not had a toy store since KB left like 10 years ago.
Now we have a TRUX
good place to take my daughter, that isn't 30 mins away.
So I'm glad we got one, even if mostly off brand stuff, although they do have a few LEGO sets, including a few hard to find ones.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:37 am

TRUX are horrible here. They don't have alot of anything, mostly stuff that can't sell at a regular TRU. The store itself looks worse than a $1 store.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:41 am

slacker wrote:TRUX are horrible here. They don't have alot of anything, mostly stuff that can't sell at a regular TRU. The store itself looks worse than a $1 store.
I've been to the one in the Newburgh Mall and the one at the Woodbury Commons outlets - the weird thing is, there's going to be a TRU outlet store opening directly across from the TRUX at the WC. They both look like the carpets haven't been cleaned in ages.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive