Shopping at an off day at legoland California

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
grommom
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Shopping at an off day at legoland California

Post by grommom » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:10 pm

In October legoland is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday, but the sea life aquarium is open. While I wad in the gift shop I was told I could look for something in the big shop until 3pm. Apparently you can just walk in the front gates and walk on a blocked off path right to the store, which you may have all to yourselves. There's one person at the door to make sure no one skips tee store and runs into the empty park but it appears if you want to shop in an empty store this is the way to do it. I'm not sure if you have to pay for parking but I went to Costco to get gas and used my gps to map an alternative route to Legoland and it routed me to the hotel, which I wad able to drive by and park with no hassle. I already have parking so it's not like I was actually getting around anything but I'm wondering if on these days they even staff the parking lot, the whole page was pretty dead. I know sea world for example doesn't staff the parking lot after a certain time because if you're arriving by then you certainly have a pass because no one's going to pay for a full day to go for an hour or two and I'm guessing it's not cost efficient to pay someone to sit there syst a certain point. That was a really long way of saying i think you can shop in a relatively empty big shop without buying and returning a shopper's pass on Tues and weds when legoland itself is closed. Ymmv of course.

dehnehsu
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Shopping at an off day at legoland California

Post by dehnehsu » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:50 pm

Thanks for the info. Very interesting. The only problem might be getting a refund for parking if you have to pay for it. I'm guessing the Shopping Pass option is only valid on the days Legoland is open.

Details on the Shopping only pass you mentioned... You can purchase a single day ticket and if you return to the outside Guest Services window within an hour you can get a complete refund, Additionally if you spend over $20 in purchases they will refund your Parking fee as well. Side note... I recall reading about places around the Park where you can park close by for free if you really want to save the $15 for parking

grommom
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Shopping at an off day at legoland California

Post by grommom » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:12 pm

You could always call and ask about the parking. I'm pretty sure they were operating the store at a loss just because of the ac being on and the doors wide open. I'm guessing it's almost like a perk for the hotel guests because there's only sea life aquarium open and that does not take an entire day to visit. It was just interesting to shop there alone, usually that place is bustling with shoppers.
On another note they are all out of the seasonal Halloween set but have thanksgiving and Christmas. Happy shopping!