Bricklink selling question

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Bricklink selling question

Post by dho7622u » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:59 am

Hey all,

I have been a pretty active buyer on Bricklink for a few years now and sorta have an idea about the highs and lows of doing business there, but I have a few special/collectable items that I want to sell. I am curious if opening a store for three or four things is really worth the trouble? Is it better to just eBay it (which I haven't really done either)?

One of the things has been listed at quite high a price so I don't want to just put it on Craigslist...

Thanks for any input.

david

grymg
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Bricklink selling question

Post by grymg » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:29 am

IMO it is worth doing. Because buyers of that sort of stuff will generally just want to buy that alone so you don't have to have a "stuffed" store to intice people to buy. Plus the "notification" feature is nice to promote your item to those looking specifically for it.

But with a strong downside - it could take weeks to sell. Ebay is a sure bet if you want it gone.

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Bricklink selling question

Post by dho7622u » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:41 am

Thanks grymg!