10249 Winter Toy Shop now available for VIP members!

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
eagerbeaver
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

10249 Winter Toy Shop now available for VIP members!

Post by eagerbeaver » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:43 am

Hi all,

Just a headsup that the 10249 Winter Toy Shop is now available for VIP members. Especially, if you missed out on the Toy Shop the first time, then this is a good chance to get it! And if you're aware of the popularity of the Winter theme, then you know that it may get sold out/out of stock pretty fast. Good luck!

Cheers,
EB

Slickson
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: 10249 Winter Toy Shop now available for VIP members!

Post by Slickson » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:51 am

Pretty sure it is available for everyone now. I just came from the LEGO store and it was on the shelves.

eagerbeaver
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by eagerbeaver » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:59 am

Hey Slickson,

It may be on the shelves, but if non-VIP members were to attempt to purchase this set, they would either be asked to sign up for the VIP program, or asked to come back October 1. You can verify this on the website, where it's listed as 'Coming Soon on Oct 01 2015.' Only if you log in to your VIP account will it show as 'Available Now.' If the store employees allow the purchase, they'd be violating the rules. However, it's really easy and free to sign up for the VIP program, anyway.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
EB
Last edited by eagerbeaver on Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

wilson32
I'm New !

Post by wilson32 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:32 am

just got mine, will be nice to add to last years set, and build up a nice xmas scene

bea
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bea » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:56 am

Excited to pick this up but I will wait until the holiday promo starts next month.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:59 am

I'm going to use this toys shop to put the old toy shop out of business. The toys in the new one are more up to date and the colors are better. The old toy shop owner should have remodeled when he had a chance.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

eagerbeaver
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by eagerbeaver » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:59 pm

wilson32 wrote:just got mine, will be nice to add to last years set, and build up a nice xmas scene
It'll certainly be a nice (re)addition to the xmas scene. Though I did get the previous version, I'm so glad they brought it back, because this one looks even better!
bea wrote:Excited to pick this up but I will wait until the holiday promo starts next month.
That's what I'm hoping, too. October 13 is going to be the big day for me. The problem is, I'm concerned of there being a repeat of Santa's Workshop, where it's sold out even before we make it to October 13. Let's hope that doesn't happen.
anakinisvader wrote:I'm going to use this toys shop to put the old toy shop out of business. The toys in the new one are more up to date and the colors are better. The old toy shop owner should have remodeled when he had a chance.
Agreed. The updated version definitely looks more vibrant. Can't wait for October 13. Now, if only they updated 10179 UCS Millenium Falcon to make it even bigger and better. It's disappointment to see the smaller versions. I do hope they bring more bigger sets in the $120-$200 range to the Winter theme as well.

Cheers,
EB

whatthebrick
I'm New !

Post by whatthebrick » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:23 am

Yes! Can't wait to pick mine up today!

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:43 am

I'll probably pick this up at the beginning of October for double VIP and it is slightly different then the 10199 version but not by much. 10249 just gives more another set to create your own holiday moc with it.