No Halloween Polybags at Target This Year?

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
ResIpsaLoquitur
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

No Halloween Polybags at Target This Year?

Post by ResIpsaLoquitur » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:57 pm

For USA Shoppers: is Target not doing a Halloween Polybag this year? My local Targets have their Halloween stock out now, and I am *not* seeing a spot for a Lego polybag. Granted, the Lego polys always seem to show up a bit later than the other merchandise, but I'm not even seeing a *tag* for a Lego set.

We *did* get sets at Valentine's and Easter this year, so I assumed the theme would continue. There's been a Halloween and Christmas poly for the last 3 or 4 years and I'll be disappointed if it doesn't happen this year, particularly since they tend to be half price or better in the post-Halloween clearance.

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Re: No Halloween Polybags at Target This Year?

Post by minifigW » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:03 pm

that is concerning. I will be really sad is there is #allthebags

Nepenthe7
Knight
Knight

Post by Nepenthe7 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:10 am

I saw the Halloween section at Target and I did not see LEGO. I didn't ask either.

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:24 am

Their probably just waiting for the reset for Thanksgiving and X-mas to come around this year to add Lego.
And this year it's possible at least one polybag will be tied into the new Star Wars movie theme with all the stores.

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:28 pm

Went to a local target, I asked an employee and he said that they still had stock coming in, so not to get discouraged.

ResIpsaLoquitur
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ResIpsaLoquitur » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:08 pm

Always possible. Target typically has two polybags at Halloween, a "boy" and a "girl" option. They don't strictly call it that, but..come on.

I am hoping that one of them will be the Friends Andrea pop star stage back, since the only way you could get that to date was a $50 purchase at the Lego Store. What polys have been solicited but not seen yet this year?

bobl
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bobl » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:15 am

At the Target closest to me, they had the series 14 minifigures in the Halloween section. Maybe they are this years substitute....so maybe after Halloween they'll be clearanced? No, probably not, since Target puts all the minifigures under the same DCPI.

SlickP
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SlickP » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:26 pm

I saw a Joker Bumper car and SW Rebels Tie Fighter poly bag at Target today.

Morgan19
Knight
Knight

Post by Morgan19 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:34 pm

^ Thanks for the heads-up. Was that the Halloween section, toy aisle, or front registers?

ResIpsaLoquitur
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ResIpsaLoquitur » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:08 am

Nuts. I got both the Joker and the TIE at TRU in the last few weeks. I was hoping Target might have something like the elusive A-Wing or the Friends Pop Star set. Well, there's always Christmas.

Morgan19
Knight
Knight

Post by Morgan19 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:47 am

Morgan19 wrote:^ Thanks for the heads-up. Was that the Halloween section, toy aisle, or front registers?
To answer my own question... I checked the registers, Halloween section, and main LEGO aisle with no luck. Finally found the Joker poly on a separate endcap in the toy aisle along with other holiday stuff like the advent calendars. No TIE that I could find anywhere.

I'm not sure if the Joker poly shares its DPCI with any other item, but in case anyone wants to try looking it up in their area, the DPCI on my receipt is 204-000-479.

dehnehsu
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by dehnehsu » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:28 pm

Newly remodeled Mountain View, Calif. Target has no Halloween goodies section but they have Polybags 30275 Advanced Tie Fighter and 30256 Chima Ice Bear Mech at the Check Out Lanes.

ResIpsaLoquitur
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ResIpsaLoquitur » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:38 am

I really wish I understood the polybag distribution system. Some of them seem exclusive to TRU, Target, or the Lego Stores, and then some of those seem to inevitably make their way to the other stores regardless. And sometimes they randomly show up at Wal-Mart. I'm glad for anybody who couldn't get the Joker or the TIE since they rapidly vanished from TRU, though I do wish we had an opportunity to get something new. Well, there's always Christmas.

There never seems to be a shortage of Friends polys, though, so I'm shocked and chagrined that the Andrea Stage poly was briefly limited to the Lego Store and I'm hoping it will reappear at Christmas.