LEGO Monsters Series 14 Minifigures - Now Sold Out

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Monsters Series 14 Minifigures - Now Sold Out

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:00 pm

Within two days of release, the new LEGO Monsters Series 14 Minifigures are now sold out at LEGO Shop at Home North America (USA | Canada). Looks like these minifigures are very popular and that's to be expected considering Halloween is just around the corner! More minifigures should be in production, but in the mean time, the best way to get a hold of these minifigures would be at your local LEGO Brand Store or big box retailer (Wal-Mart, Target, Toys R Us, Barnes & Nobles/Chapters).

LEGO Shop at Home still has the seasonal LEGO 40122 Trick or Treat set instock for $9.99 USD / $11.99 CAD though!

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-monsters-se ... -sold-out/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

davedude
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: LEGO Monsters Series 14 Minifigures - Now Sold Out

Post by davedude » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:37 am

I would trade a series 9 full set for a full set if these!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:42 am

Wow, what? I just saw a full box of these at the LEGO Store on Tuesday. Should've jumped on them. Dang.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:34 am

vynsane wrote:Wow, what? I just saw a full box of these at the LEGO Store on Tuesday. Should've jumped on them. Dang.
They will be back. Sold out is only when LEGO doesn't know when they will come back in, but they will. I still need to go to the store and find the holloween set.

eagerbeaver
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by eagerbeaver » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:39 pm

Hey guys,

I spoke with Lego Shop@Home, and the rep confirmed that they are currently making more, and it's definitely coming back. They don't have a specific date, however. Hope this clears up any concerns for those who missed out on it the first round of availability.

Cheers,
EB
Last edited by eagerbeaver on Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:01 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:Sold out is only when LEGO doesn't know when they will come back in
Not that I doubt they'll be back, but ^this is hardly a fact - they certainly play fast and loose with their own labels of "Hard to Find", "Out of stock, will ship in (x) days", "Sold Out" and "Temporarily out of stock".

If the intention truly is to produce more, I'd think it would be more appropriate for them to switch to "Temporarily out of stock" as opposed to "Sold Out", which has been used primarily to denote "never coming back".
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:34 am

^ Agreed, although they are not always predictable once it reaches "Sold Out" it tends to be gone for good... would be happy to see them back though!
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:38 am

Saw boxes of these at TRU and these will be around at least until mid-October no doubt no worries on getting them at TRU or else where.

Legotrain1
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Legotrain1 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:37 pm

Man, people need to stop freaking out over this set. This is not series 1 CMF here. This is series 14 and there will be plenty to go around if people would just relax.
Considering that many who are pre-ordering boxes will not get them to ship until October I think it is save to say these will be out for some time.
I guess people have also forgotten that series 12 and 13 did the same thing when they were released only to be back available again.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:47 am

I'm finding out this series to be a bit harder to get than many of the previous minifigures sets:

Went to my local Lego store and they were almost sold out already, only had 2 boxes left, so I got:

Cheerleaders x3
Banshee x3
Tiger woman X2 (actually got these at my local Walgreens, since the lego store boxes were picked though)
Gargoyle x1
Vampire Lady x1
Skeleton guy x1
Plant guy x1
Specter x1

My local Target store didn't get any and they were not sure when they would get them.

So I would also try your local Walgreens, as well if you want them now.

zoery380
Peasant
Peasant

Post by zoery380 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:46 am

I finally found these at TRU! The Target stores near me still have about 100 Simpsons series 2 minifigures that they're trying to sell and no sign of the Monsters showing up anytime soon. The employees were awesome and kept me company while I felt for the ones I wanted. :-D

stevenli
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by stevenli » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:14 pm

Were there a lot still? rumors of limited amounts.

Pumpkin Ecks
Knight
Knight

Post by Pumpkin Ecks » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:49 pm

On Force Friday there was a box of these at tru, so I grabbed some gargoyles, plant monsters and a trick or treater. I saw a whole end cap box thingy of this at Target this morning. Got me some more Gargoyles, a vampire spider lady and a wacky witch. Grabbed them now just in case that whole sold out thing is for good - who knows.

Bobsterino
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Bobsterino » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:33 am

I've been checking the LEGO S@H page for these regularly (still marked SOLD OUT as of today) and I found something interesting. It seems LEGO removed all of the negative reviews. There *had* been a bunch of 1-star ratings based on the sold-out status, but they are now magically gone. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this on the company's own website...

znarf
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by znarf » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:58 am

I was just at my local Walmart (Halifax, NS) and asked a clerk to check the UPC code on series 14. They have 16 boxes "in transit" to the location which "should" arrive in the next 3 days. Turns out that each store in my province only received an initial 4 boxes each (and that someone went around to all the stores Sept 1 and bought up every box).

Morgan19
Knight
Knight

Post by Morgan19 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:30 am

Bobsterino wrote:I've been checking the LEGO S@H page for these regularly (still marked SOLD OUT as of today) and I found something interesting. It seems LEGO removed all of the negative reviews. There *had* been a bunch of 1-star ratings based on the sold-out status, but they are now magically gone. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this on the company's own website...
...why? Reviews are meant to (shock!) review a product, not moan about the lack of initial availability for a product that was just released. I don't see how you can fault TLG for removing ratings that only exist to basically whine and moan rather than serve the intended purpose.

Bobsterino
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Bobsterino » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:43 am

I was just noting it. Some manufacturer sites leave all reviews good or bad - it can serve to demonstrate their integrity (or at least perception thereof.) Many do indeed remove bad reviews, and I don't fault them for it, but it can lead to a perception of lack of straightforwardness. Again, simply noting that this occurred. I hadn't noticed that LEGO had done this before. I do rely upon reviews at times before making purchase decisions, TLGs decision to remove some will make me discount if not discard reviews posted on their site in making those decisions. Reviews here of course are still *golden*! :)

vorpalblade
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by vorpalblade » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:02 am

It would somewhat depend on if they removed all bad reviews regardless of topic, or just the reviews complaining about it being sold out.

Bobsterino
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Bobsterino » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:56 pm

BTW - these are now listed as "Available Now" - just checked LEGO S@H - and ordered a bunch!

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:00 pm

Perhaps they fell under info that changes like out of stock, now back in stock. Or haven't used the product yet?

In order to see your review featured on LEGOshop.com, remember these handy review tips!
Remember to:

Use the product before reviewing it.
Focus on the product's features and be specific.

Avoid:

Info that changes, such as price and promotional details.
Inappropriate language and attitude.
Info about other companies and websites.
Personal info - we want to protect your privacy!

Please note that it may take up to 3 days for your review to appear online.
Thank You!

We look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us and fellow LEGO fans!